AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadBoss2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As for getting your 4 digit pin . I bought an Autel MaxiIM IM508 scanner
This tool is able to program new keys or Fobic without any keys or Fobik at all.
In the steps of programing , it does get you the four digit pin .
Find a shop with that scan tool and Bingo.

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
There is a new update out, and it let me send the secret key from the WIN (old one) to the PCM, but not from the PCM to the new WIN.
It still says that the requested operation is not supported by the module. I'm not sure why it would allow it to go one way but not the other. Need to spend some more time fiddling around with it I guess and maybe send in another debug log.
Were you able to get the new WIN programmed? I am about to replace my WIN and debating which route to go: $900 preprogrammed WIN, or having a dealer install/program a new WIN, or purchasing/installing installing myself, if there is a way to program it with AlfaOBD...

CSIndustries

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Has anyone figured out the LED light issue with fast blinking? Ram bodybuilder says there should be a green wire under the hood but that seems to only be for cab chassis models. Trying to avoid resistors

Highside49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone figured out the LED light issue with fast blinking? Ram bodybuilder says there should be a green wire under the hood but that seems to only be for cab chassis models. Trying to avoid resistors
Did you ever figure this out currently working with the same issue on a friend's 2012

CSIndustries

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Did you ever figure this out currently working with the same issue on a friend's 2012
No. Looks like the extra wires are only on cab chassis models. I ended up putting in incandescent bulbs instead of the LEDs I had on my flat deck

ramallama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As for LED hyperflash on 2012s.
(Note: I do not have AlfaOBD; so no way to confirm.)
Try this process (from all I have read.)

First disable PWM to lamps: calibration Enable HID yes
Next enable DRL: calibration DRL enable yes
Next change DRL: calibration turn signal as DRL check

So maybe you effectively removed Pulse Width Modulation and told the computer to use uncapped lamps as your DRL, which happen to be set as the turn signal the LED was just installed in.

Next you might be able/required to play with DRL voltage level, in controlling if or not the turn lamp has enough voltage to light as DRL (whether you want it to or not), or enough voltage when the turn signal is requested.

Like I said, I do not have alfaobd myself yet; but have been reading on how to basically control the system before I buy something I cannot use. So take that as my warning if this all goes to hell from here.

Last edited:

Weezy123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel like this question has been asked several times, but I can't seem to find a single answer.

Has nobody found out the solution for enabling LED taillights for our 4th gen rams on alpha obd? After going into body control and vehicle configuration, there is no cbc LED light options like seen in the newer models.

Mgreen529

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in awhile, I haven't had any trouble. I just recently got AlfaODB and the MX+. I love it, I have changes several parameters on my truck so far, but I can't get the TIPM to recognize that I have LED headlights. The high beams work perfectly, but the low beams flicker about 5 times and turn off, but only when the engine is running. With AlfaODB, I have set the HID enable to the "set" position, with no luck. Am I missing something, or will it not work? Thanks for all your help.

elnook909

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've been running through the settings for the body computer, and found a few that work on my truck. 2011 2500 SLT, 6.7L, crew cab.

Car configuration change

Vehicle config 2: reverse chime
Beeps several times every time reverse gear is selected.

Vehicle config 2: window express feature
Switched to all windows, still did just the front

Vehicle config 2: interior vehicle theft alarm configuration
Set to: VTA
When locked with no key in ignition, red light blinks on instrument panel. I'm at work, do can't test what happens when a door is opened.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Did the alarm work when you set it?

wellsj89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
i am working on getting my 2011 ram remote start to work. I know i need to get a new hood latch with the sensor or just jump it. Problem is i dont have the wiring going to it. Does anyone make a wiring harness for this? Been looking online and cant seem to find anything. Even if someone has the pins and connector part numbers that would be awesome.

Thanks

SausageMcFlurry

Reaction score
Ram Year
1995, 2006, 2011
Engine
318 & 5.7
@wellsj89 Justin I shot you an email response to your PM with a Google Docs link.
Unfortunately this forum doesn't seem to let me share the link for it.

Anybody else that wants some help, feel free to shoot me a private message and I can send an email.
I can also sell a parts kit with the instructions for RStart for $30. Then you don't have to source out any of the small parts.
This solution should work for any 09+ truck (excluding the 5th gens), with an auto trans and remote entry.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Echapa13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.7
Hi there folks!
First of all thanks for a great forum like this lots of great information. I'm new with rams in general but have some mechanical experience. I have a ram 1500 ST (I think) (V6 4x2 and very basic) but I do have power windows and locks. My car came with a blade key, no key fob. With alfaobd I have successfully add a key fob + program the look/unlock with key fob. I'm trying to program te remote start, so far now when I double click the remote start on fob car hunk once but no start (I believe it have to hunk twice and then the car will start).

Last thing I did was activating the hood door ajar it was harder to find in app because my is non-powernet and there are less examples.
So my questions are 2, I have read something about 2 options in alfaobd for the resistance of the hood pin where I find that?? I just intend to grown the pin with the 1k ohms. which option do I select and where do I find the options of the resistance?

Question 2 where is my bcm? I have looked everywhere near the parking brake pedal and I can't seem to find a big box with several connectors. Am I looking in the wrong place, it has something to do with the fact that my car is a non-powernet?

Help will be much appreciated
Thank you all

Ps. Sorry for my English is not my mother language trying my best

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
Got two two fobs working today.

Remote start and hood lamp are my next challenge as well. Rather than make it unsafe with just a resister, my plan is to add the hood latch with the hood down sensor in it. Would hate to be working on something under the hood and accidentally remote start the truck with my hands in there.

I found that my truck is wired for remote start. Plug behind the grill, just hanging there is to plug into the latch I am ordering.
20220429_105056.jpg
Hoping that is all I need to add it.

Also, Will find wiring harness and pigtail for the under hood light at the junk yard tomorrow.

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
Try vehicle config 2: window express feature.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Didn't see it confirmed anywhere. But this worked great on my 2010 quad cab. Wish it would have worked for all five windows when i tried enabling it for all, but at least works for the front two.

Thank You!!

Echapa13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.7
Hi there folks!
First of all thanks for a great forum like this lots of great information. I'm new with rams in general but have some mechanical experience. I have a ram 1500 ST (I think) (V6 4x2 and very basic) but I do have power windows and locks. My car came with a blade key, no key fob. With alfaobd I have successfully add a key fob + program the look/unlock with key fob. I'm trying to program te remote start, so far now when I double click the remote start on fob car hunk once but no start (I believe it have to hunk twice and then the car will start).

Last thing I did was activating the hood door ajar it was harder to find in app because my is non-powernet and there are less examples.
So my questions are 2, I have read something about 2 options in alfaobd for the resistance of the hood pin where I find that?? I just intend to grown the pin with the 1k ohms. which option do I select and where do I find the options of the resistance?

Question 2 where is my bcm? I have looked everywhere near the parking brake pedal and I can't seem to find a big box with several connectors. Am I looking in the wrong place, it has something to do with the fact that my car is a non-powernet?

Help will be much appreciated
Thank you all

Ps. Sorry for my English is not my mother language trying my best
Ok today I finally got my remote start working, I think is one great achievement because were I live is like 100F° everyday so been able to start the car and be more cool before I enter is great.
It did cost me a little because there is so little info on cars without power-net (I know there is info don't get me wrong) but it was little hard to gather all. That been said I want to make a super resume of what I did get it to work.
This is what I Did and in the order I did!
First thing My car is: Ram 1500 ST V6 4x2 2011 with TIPM (no BCM under steering)

Step 1 get obdlink MX+ and alfaobd app (full version)

Step 2 get the pin number for your car (look on web where to get it)

Step 3 program a key fob with remote start (plenty information of how to do it)

Step 4 in Alfaobd get in: body computer/ central gateway module my2006-12 non-powernet / car configuration change /

Look for:
- vehicle config 1: Remote start present: change to SET
- vehicle config 2: RKE System Present
Change to SET
- configurable inputs: input #2 (b11)
Change to Hood Ajar

Now go back to the main page of app and select: Radio Frequency Hub (RFH) / wireless control module (WCM) my 2011-12 non-powernet/

Select: Reset WIN Configuration / put your pin and follow the steps.

After that you have 2 options. If you have prewired hood ajar switch ( look on the latch near the horn if you have an extra conector)

- You can buy the latch with the switch and will be ready to go.

- or if you don't have prewired (like me) you can take out you TIPM(fuse box) look for conector C4 find pin #3 and ground it (I have read that you have to put a resistance of 1k ohms but I tried with and without the resistance and worked fine either way. But I put the resistance any way.)

You can. Check your work done if you scan your car and you don't have a check code: hood ajar switch high circuit
If you don't have it or you can delete it and doesn't come back on, You are ready.

Let you car rest sometime do a small drive 15 to 20 min should be fine and try your remote start!

I hope this helps someone, and if it doesn't well at least I told everyone what I did to have my car running with the remote!

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Ok today I finally got my remote start working, I think is one great achievement because were I live is like 100F° everyday so been able to start the car and be more cool before I enter is great.
It did cost me a little because there is so little info on cars without power-net (I know there is info don't get me wrong) but it was little hard to gather all. That been said I want to make a super resume of what I did get it to work.
This is what I Did and in the order I did!
First thing My car is: Ram 1500 ST V6 4x2 2011 with TIPM (no BCM under steering)

Step 1 get obdlink MX+ and alfaobd app (full version)

Step 2 get the pin number for your car (look on web where to get it)

Step 3 program a key fob with remote start (plenty information of how to do it)

Step 4 in Alfaobd get in: body computer/ central gateway module my2006-12 non-powernet / car configuration change /

Look for:
- vehicle config 1: Remote start present: change to SET
- vehicle config 2: RKE System Present
Change to SET
- configurable inputs: input #2 (b11)
Change to Hood Ajar

Now go back to the main page of app and select: Radio Frequency Hub (RFH) / wireless control module (WCM) my 2011-12 non-powernet/

Select: Reset WIN Configuration / put your pin and follow the steps.

After that you have 2 options. If you have prewired hood ajar switch ( look on the latch near the horn if you have an extra conector)

- You can buy the latch with the switch and will be ready to go.

- or if you don't have prewired (like me) you can take out you TIPM(fuse box) look for conector C4 find pin #3 and ground it (I have read that you have to put a resistance of 1k ohms but I tried with and without the resistance and worked fine either way. But I put the resistance any way.)

You can. Check your work done if you scan your car and you don't have a check code: hood ajar switch high circuit
If you don't have it or you can delete it and doesn't come back on, You are ready.

Let you car rest sometime do a small drive 15 to 20 min should be fine and try your remote start!

I hope this helps someone, and if it doesn't well at least I told everyone what I did to have my car running with the remote!
On your 2011 did you have to install the RFH or does it come preinstalled on the truck? I'm 99% sure they all come preinstalled on 4th gens but figured I'd best ask anyway.

I'd like to add RKE to my '06 but I'd have to install a WCM (3rd gen equivalent to the RFH) myself. Also, did your original key have a security chip? I'm wondering if you were able to program RKE without enabling the sentry key security function

Echapa13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.7
On your 2011 did you have to install the RFH or does it come preinstalled on the truck? I'm 99% sure they all come preinstalled on 4th gens but figured I'd best ask anyway.

I'd like to add RKE to my '06 but I'd have to install a WCM (3rd gen equivalent to the RFH) myself. Also, did your original key have a security chip? I'm wondering if you were able to program RKE without enabling the sentry key security function
Hi there I think you're right about the RFH on 4th gen trucks, because mine did. At the beginning I was skeptical about it because my truck is very basic (even came with 2 blade keys, no buttons at all) but I have access to several scanners and I find out that I had the RFH module so I bought the key fob with the lock/unlock and remote start buttons and try to program it, and it did program but just to start the car none of the button worked until I activate the RKE.

That been said my original keys do have security chips, I tried once I (on intention) delete all my keys and when tried on Truck
a red light came on my dashboard and the car didn't recognize the keys. But if you ask me and with my short experience I would think you can activate the RKE without enabling the sentry key security.
Go one step at a time Install your WCM go from there. I'm sure once you are there you will find the information you will need to go forward.

Echapa13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.7
Hi there I think you're right about the RFH on 4th gen trucks, because mine did. At the beginning I was skeptical about it because my truck is very basic (even came with 2 blade keys, no buttons at all) but I have access to several scanners and I find out that I had the RFH module so I bought the key fob with the lock/unlock and remote start buttons and try to program it, and it did program but just to start the car none of the button worked until I activate the RKE.

That been said my original keys do have security chips, I tried once I (on intention) delete all my keys and when tried on Truck
a red light came on my dashboard and the car didn't recognize the keys. But if you ask me and with my short experience I would think you can activate the RKE without enabling the sentry key security.
Go one step at a time Install your WCM go from there. I'm sure once you are there you will find the information you will need to go forward.
I don't know if I can post external links sorry if I can't but here I think you can find farther info

https://www.chryslerminivan.net/threads/program-new-rke-without-programming-transponder.140498/

Hope it helps you!

B1GD4WG

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 3500
Engine
Can someone please help me out? I installed alpharex headlights with leds bulbs. Now I’m getting the turn signal out light. Has anyone had luck change the configuration to led headlights with a 2010-2012?? If so, how

MonkeyBusiness

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need help, I bought 55w HID but they flicker like hell, doesn't turn on to full capacity and sometimes doesn't even turn on... can someone point me to the right direction with AlphaOBD?