AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I kind of wonder if he wrote code to attempt to connect to the BCM and another module (RFHub, anyone?) at the same time and that is what is causing the crash.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I kind of wonder if he wrote code to attempt to connect to the BCM and another module (RFHub, anyone?) at the same time and that is what is causing the crash.
Lol. Funny that you mention that. He just replied to me about the debug log and said he will change the programming again

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Possibly. I'm slightly dense when it comes. To This electronic stuff lol. Can make anything mechanical work like a dream but computers hate me! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol. Funny that you mention that. He just replied to me about the debug log and said he will change the programming again

Keep us posted because if thats what he added and can actually fix it, I need to start ordering prox entry parts lol

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Keep us posted because if thats what he added and can actually fix it, I need to start ordering prox entry parts lol
Sure will. So far he’s not giving up the idea that he can make it happen.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Ok what are prox entry parts?!? Sounds like a rabbit hole id like to go down.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

It's for the proximity entry/push button start modification. You can actually buy a kit online to do it that comes with an RF hub But it would be nice if we could program it with the alpha tool.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Keyless enter n go. Been trying to add it 100% with the alfa, but it’s not capable of a certain procedure that needs to connect to two modules at once. Alexey added it on this update, but still needs to tweek it some more.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Ohhhh that makes sense. Not to brag but it's badass I love that I don't need to press the button to get in just grab the handle. Push start is always badass.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't know if you are interested, but I used Lasfit LED bulbs for my plate lights, reverse lights, 3rd brake and cargo lamps. Zero lamp out warnings and very inexpensive.
Thanks for the heads up. Can't remember the name of mine but they were canbus compatible. Worked great for a few months then would throw a bulb out even though they were working. Changed to LED license and errors went away.

My reverse lights are like yours at a 1000w and I love having them. Plenty of light output!

Tankerpilot01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Based on reading all through this: Android vs PC seems to be a personal preference?

I have an amazon Fire and a Windows Tablet (Microsoft Surface)....so I'm debating on if I should get the Android or PC version. Both are very portable and have WiFi for when I get the OBDLink MX and security cable.

Is it only personal preference then?

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I'm considering using this app to add DRL's but i have a question and I did search the thread but didn't see it. Can the dealer tell that you've used this app to make changes? Curious as i don't want to hose the warranty in any way or give them an excuse to void my Maxcare.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I'm considering using this app to add DRL's but i have a question and I did search the thread but didn't see it. Can the dealer tell that you've used this app to make changes? Curious as i don't want to hose the warranty in any way or give them an excuse to void my Maxcare.

You are only enabling features that Ram already uses. It's not like a tuner where you are cracking their software and over writing the engine tune adding HP (which could lead to damage).

I highly doubt they would void you warranty or even notice at all that you made changes.