AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone tried to disable seat belt warnings in the instrument panel cluster module?
Select the fiat open hood icon and under procedure to start, last choice is Program Customer Features, then select option, there is Seatbelt Alert System.Under select value is Disabled or Enabled.
I am thinking of trying it. I have a 1/4 mile driveway to the mailbox. Getting in and out, unbuckling, buckling, etc is a pain to avoid the constant chime all the way there and back. I have an icy hill that can only be climbed in 4WD. In the summer, I do logging along the driveway with lots of ins and outs. Of course when I'm on the road, belts are buckled.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

67Guzzler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You can disable the chime using the following method, you still get the red flashing icon though.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-seatbelt-chime-delete.28510/

Yep -- This is the tried and true method on the RAM trucks to disable the seat belt chime. It's been around for years, I believe. 0474.png

I'd be interested to know what the setting in the cluster module shows after you do this procedure. i.e., is that procedure just setting the same item in the cluster?

-K

Good question!!!

-Guzzler

rwwells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My BCM shows the following - Seat Belt Reminder Module Present: Not set

I did the above procedure before I had the ALFA software, so I'm not sure what the value is before disabling.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My BCM shows the following - Seat Belt Reminder Module Present: Not set

I did the above procedure before I had the ALFA software, so I'm not sure what the value is before disabling.

Mine also says "Not Set" in the BCM, but I have not done the procedure and the "dinger" is still active. I looked through my log for the EVIC and I don't see a seatbelt option listed, but the EVIC log I have is from several versions of Alpha ago (Oct of 18). I'm about to head out for an off-site meeting, I'll try and get a fresh readout while I'm in the truck.

-K

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I just tackled the cargo camera. It’s a fairly expensive upgrade unless you can find a deal on the brake light. I thought I did, but when I got the brake light it didn’t have the camera in it. Not that big of deal, I’ll just pick up an used oem tailgate camera on the cheap. Camera showed up today and didn’t really fit right, but by removing the mounting tabs I got it in the brake light. Put the brake light back in and fired up the truck and the image was upside down. I was able to track down the right part number for the camera and it’s a little over $200 for a new one. Some lessons are learned the hard way.

I installed a aftermarket CHMSL with the camera on my truck. It was $130 dollars. Works great.

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also have a 2014, below are the 6 settings I have set using Alpha and I had the option show on both my original 5" radio and my current 8.4" radio.

CBC Features Configuration:
  • DRL Configuration: Optional DRL
  • DRL Lamp Location: Turn Signal DRL
  • DRL Dropout Enable: Set

ECU Configuration 3:
  • DRL customer setting enable/disable: Set

Customer Programming Features:
  • Daytime Running Lamps: Set

Vehicle Config Customer Settings Menu 1:
  • Daytime running lights customer settings menu: Set

-Keith

I may have found my issue. I dont have the "Vehicle Config Customer Settings Menu 1" option for Daytime Running Lights in my list of things to change. It does show in my logs as set though. Weird.

Reactions: JB1

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Anyone try and connect through this. It's another way of programming and testing the tpms sensors. 75f9febbfd746e1a9e9e728822f5e114.jpg

fd233cb65c67d8a71b81f1a888c131bd.jpg

This would be the choices if you can connect

ae6b7b3e92bee4c7e5afb38fd0ef61d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Anyone mess with the steering? I set my 15 ram to srt steering it seems more sensative. I twitch now and its going one way or the other. Pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anyone try and connect through this. It's another way of programming and testing the tpms sensors. 75f9febbfd746e1a9e9e728822f5e114.jpg

fd233cb65c67d8a71b81f1a888c131bd.jpg

This would be the choices if you can connect

ae6b7b3e92bee4c7e5afb38fd0ef61d8.jpg

That’ll be for 2013/ 2010-12 only since they used different sensors and systems. 2014+ would use “program tire sensor IDs” in the RF Hub.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone mess with the steering? I set my 15 ram to srt steering it seems more sensative. I twitch now and its going one way or the other. Pretty sweet.

There are "smoothing" and "filter" numbers in the BCM for steering, braking and acceleration. Im scared to even touch them.

cclark019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

What settings did you change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
There are "smoothing" and "filter" numbers in the BCM for steering, braking and acceleration. Im scared to even touch them.
I thought the braking and acceleration #s were for the gyro for Electronic stability purposes? The srt steering setting has made a difference. If I could know 100% the smoothing, filter and acceleration factors were for steering and accelerating id mess with them hardcore haha.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
You can change these to "0" [emoji48] could be Fun. I want to make the steering more sensative and responsive. It says it's a sport I want it to handle like one lol

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
That’ll be for 2013/ 2010-12 only since they used different sensors and systems. 2014+ would use “program tire sensor IDs” in the RF Hub.

Gotcha. I did go through the rf hub to try and program in a sensor I'm having issues with. I programmed the sensors id and the truck took it. Reset the rf hub and took it for a quick drive. Sensor didn't show up but the tpms is off for now but still have the service tpms message. Tried the sensor roll test the 3 that are working passed and the one that's giving me the issue failed. So I called my dealer to get it replaced under warranty.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Mine also says "Not Set" in the BCM, but I have not done the procedure and the "dinger" is still active. I looked through my log for the EVIC and I don't see a seatbelt option listed, but the EVIC log I have is from several versions of Alpha ago (Oct of 18). I'm about to head out for an off-site meeting, I'll try and get a fresh readout while I'm in the truck.

-K

I pulled a fresh log. I don't think the cluster data pull is working correctly. There's no listing for the seatbelt setup and a bunch of the line items are incorrect for what my truck has (BCM is correct though).

-K