AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron Gilliam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I know a bit off subject with the vehicle type. Just so someone can update the list. A buddy came by with a 2013 Jeep Wrangler unlimited supercharged. He bought it and the TPMS kept saying zeros. Had discount tire change the tires and they found no sensors in the tires. I had a hunch the previous owner disabled the TPMS. Hooked AlfaOBD up and the tool and found that the previous owner had infact disabled the TPMS. Re-enabled and with 10 revolutions it popped up and said 41psi for each tire.

So 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TPMS Enable successfully. TPM premium was already enabled.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've looked at this before for the Jeeps. I have a friend a couple hours away who is wanting to disable his TPMS. Told him a couple weeks ago the next time I'm down we could do it.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's another interesting note, the "Last Programmed Status: Automatic Backup" is different between various configurations on google drive. I have also seen that set to "Service" on my Jeep where the last flash was by the dealer to enable the tow harness. I think when RAM flashed my BCM, a backup of the settings was taken and reflashed with the update. The only items that got messed up were settings in UConnect that I had to just go in and recheck a few boxes.

Looks like RAM may have a way to keep the settings on flash. Keep this in mind if you are going to the dealer to reflash the BCM to reset your settings. You may want to tell them to make sure they don't preserve the current configuration and write the factory settings.

Reactions: kad

Srcmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
Just changing the threshold won't do the trick. There's a whole procedure to go through and you'll need your trucks RF Hub pin # from the dealer. The procedure is detailed in the TPMS.pdf file on the Info_Issues folder on the shared drive (see first post).

-K
Guess you didn't see my edit, I used key pin to reset the rfhub and everything showed just as the PDF I followed shows.

Aaron Gilliam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Here's another interesting note, the "Last Programmed Status: Automatic Backup" is different between various configurations on google drive. I have also seen that set to "Service" on my Jeep where the last flash was by the dealer to enable the tow harness. I think when RAM flashed my BCM, a backup of the settings was taken and reflashed with the update. The only items that got messed up were settings in UConnect that I had to just go in and recheck a few boxes.

Looks like RAM may have a way to keep the settings on flash. Keep this in mind if you are going to the dealer to reflash the BCM to reset your settings. You may want to tell them to make sure they don't preserve the current configuration and write the factory settings.

It must retain the settings in an eeprom. Basically the same as with an arduino/3d printer. Upgrade firmware and still retains all your tweaks and mods inside the eeprom.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Guess you didn't see my edit, I used key pin to reset the rfhub and everything showed just as the PDF I followed shows.

Actually, I think I posted before you made your edit, or at least I started typing it before then. :) Unfortunately, I haven't actually messed with the procedure myself yet. I know it was only fixed in a recent version of the app. Did you use the latest version?

-K

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I just noticed you have a CTD and therefore a 2500+. Did you change both the pressure settings? "Maximum Load Inflation Pressure" and "Light Load Inflation Pressure" I think both may be used on a 2500+

-K

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
There is a front and rear thresh hold. Drop them both down to 48 or so. Then do the RF hub reset. After the Reset, it will say completed. At least it does in the windows version. I haven't used the android version.

medium800.jpg

Last edited:

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
Oh, there is a new version of AlfaOBD for both windows and android out on the website. Dated the 21st of October.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I just noticed you have a CTD and therefore a 2500+. Did you change both the pressure settings? "Maximum Load Inflation Pressure" and "Light Load Inflation Pressure" I think both may be used on a 2500+

-K

I have a 2017 CTD 2500. There is only one set of pressure settings which is the "Maximum Load Inflation Pressure", no light load setting is used. To change the settings you must FIRST go into the BCM and set the pressures you want, then do the RFH hub reset. This makes the RFH hub update its settings to those that you have made in the BCM and match the BCM.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2017 CTD 2500. There is only one set of pressure settings which is the "Maximum Load Inflation Pressure", no light load setting is used. To change the settings you must FIRST go into the BCM and set the pressures you want, then do the RFH hub reset. This makes the RFH hub update its settings to those that you have made in the BCM and match the BCM.

Same with mine and that worked perfectly.

As far as the "light load" setting. I think that went away after 2013? They don't have that option any more but my 2013 did. Used to have a button on the dash to select it. Was kind of nice actually.

phreak480

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Same with mine and that worked perfectly.

As far as the "light load" setting. I think that went away after 2013? They don't have that option any more but my 2013 did. Used to have a button on the dash to select it. Was kind of nice actually.

That is correct, my 2014 doesn't have it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had success with disabling the NAV lockout while driving? I switched the setting and it made no change, it still locks out NAV while driving.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The RamTazer https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-ram/ is supposed to be able to disable Nav lock, at least for address entries - but you have to leave it in the ODB port. Most of what it can do, AlfaODB does as well plus so much more, so it's not really cost effective imo unless you really, really, really want to disable nav lock :). Or want a Line Lock for some reason.

Interestingly, I had upgraded from a RA2 to a 2016 RA4, and was able to reply to texts onscreen while moving, ie touching the reply button and speaking the reply, etc. But I swapped to a 2017 RA4 last week due to some touchscreen issues with the 16 unit, and now I think the lockout prevents me from hitting any buttons on the message screen - ie ignore, reply, etc. I just noticed it today and it might be a setting I need to set, not sure. It's also an older firmware than my 16 was, oddly enough - so plan on updating the firmware, not sure if that will make any difference.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a feeling the RamTazer tricks the vehicle speed sensor signal so that the radio thinks the truck is stopped. Needs to be plugged in all the time to do that. Old school way of doing that was to put a switch inline on the VSS lead to the stereo, but with CAN bus now I assume its just 1s and 0s coming over the data leads to the head unit.

Another feature it promises to do while plugged in is auto fold and unfold of mirrors. In that case I think it just uses the ignition on/off signal to "fire off a fold/unfold test" similar to what AlfaOBD can do through the UI. But again, it needs to be plugged in to sense and call for that test.

One of these days I really need to build the harness adapter so I can connect to other modules in the truck....too cheap to buy the real deal OBD MX!

Srcmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L

Ok, so I just tried to redo it again. Changed the pressures from ones I had previously set 55f 65r to 50f 60R and light came back on and only one rear tire shows low now(at same pressure) I'm stumped

Srcmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
Ok, so I just tried to redo it again. Changed the pressures from ones I had previously set 55f 65r to 50f 60R and light came back on and only one rear tire shows low now(at same pressure) I'm stumped

Nvm, went back out to mess with it again and was fine. Hmm don't know why, I had let it sit about 30 mins earlier. Oh well,what else are y'all doin with your Alfa's? Can I turn my engine brake on to come on everytime, and then push button to turn off?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I had a right front turn signal bulb burnout. It put my entire turn signal system down except for the left front bulb - I thought that was strange. It also put my emergency flasher system down. I replaced the burned out right front bulb and all was restored except both rear tail lights would not light as a turn signal or an emergency signal The stop lights work fine with the lights on or off and the tail lights work with the lights on

I ran AlfaOBD diagnostics and there are no codes. However, the log has a listing:
ECU Qualification:
Control-Rear Turn Lamps: No

My dilemma is I cannot find how to change them to "on". I have been through all the items three times and they all seem to be set properly.

Any ideas what setting caused the log to report the rear turn lamps "no"?