AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the clarification. I will look for a compass module.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
If your truck came with the RA1 radio you will need either make a harness or contact M2mods to get one made. The compass module is located in the overhead console. You can purchase the overhead consoles on Ebay for around $100 dollars. Make sure the compass module is actually still attached to the back of the overhead console when you purchase it. Make sure the console came out of a 13 or newer Ram. The 09 to 12 consoles will not work in the 13 and newer trucks. Many wrecking yards list them all together but they are incorrect so make sure you know what year truck it came out of.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I was able to get the empty to go to 2%. I have full set at 98% and empty at 2%. I haven't messed with the LFW. Anyone have an idea what it is?

5bac0ddf84471b85d1c6e5bfe817d2ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LFW is "Low Fuel Warning"

-K

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
LFW is "Low Fuel Warning"

-K

That makes sense. If I have time tomorrow I'll see if I can get that to change

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I had set the full on mine to 98% a week or so ago and I distinctly remember it making a difference in the gauge reading, but after seeing your post I went out and double checked. Sure enough, it was back to 91%. I set it to 98% again, shut it down for a bit and checked again. Back to 91% again. This is with the latest Android version and an MX dongle. Has anyone gotten the setting to stick?

-K

I mentioned this some weeks ago, several pages back, as it will not show as 98% in Alpha but when I run the tank from full the needle drops much earlier and consistent with consumption so it must be in there just not where we can see it. Have not run to empty as I refill at about a 1/4 left. Will have to this week as I plan for a 32G swap next weekend, time permitting.

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I had enabled the compass in my 2018 2500 Tradesman and the EVIC displayed the heading. Sometimes when I started the truck, it would display dashes -- , but I could restart the truck and it would come up correctly. I never installed a compass module. When I traded in the truck, I disabled it so the dashes wouldn't possibly show up.

Last edited:

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
If your truck came with the RA1 radio you will need either make a harness or contact M2mods to get one made. The compass module is located in the overhead console. You can purchase the overhead consoles on Ebay for around $100 dollars. Make sure the compass module is actually still attached to the back of the overhead console when you purchase it. Make sure the console came out of a 13 or newer Ram. The 09 to 12 consoles will not work in the 13 and newer trucks. Many wrecking yards list them all together but they are incorrect so make sure you know what year truck it came out of.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

@mike19950 I wanted to add that if you don't want to cut you headliner to install the console. I mounted my module behind the gauge cluster using some double sided tape to the defrost duct, and it works perfectly.

IMG_20181028_085433.jpg

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@mike19950 I wanted to add that if you don't want to cut you headliner to install the console. I mounted my module behind the gauge cluster using some double sided tape to the defrost duct, and it works perfectly.

View attachment 153420
Great idea. I'm gonna go this route as well. Gonna start gathering the parts for the wiring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rhino883

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Quick questions. I have read the majority of this thread, amazing work and thank you.
1. With the 8.4 radio on a Big Horn, can I activate the navigation/maps with Alpha?
2. Can anyone point me in the right direction for enabling DRL on a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee? I have tried without success, not sure if it’s possible.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Quick questions. I have read the majority of this thread, amazing work and thank you.
1. With the 8.4 radio on a Big Horn, can I activate the navigation/maps with Alpha?
2. Can anyone point me in the right direction for enabling DRL on a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee? I have tried without success, not sure if it’s possible.

No you cannot activate the NAV. That's a paid app the dealer would have to activate (or other paid service to give you the code)

/

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Rhino883 Did you follow these settings?

DRLs: (Daytime Running Lights)

CBC Features: DRL Configuration

Select “Optional DRL”

CBC Features: DRL Lamp location (several to choose from, high beam, low beam, fog lamp, dedicated and SRT Light Bar) Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lamp.

CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled

Select “yes”

ECU 3: DRL Customer Setting Enable/Disable

Select “yes”

Customer Settings Menus: Daytime Running Lights CSM

Select “yes”

I don't think you will have the last one "daytime running lights CSM but you can try to go into "Program Customer Features" (just above car configuration) and try to set daytime running lamps "enable".

Rhino883

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Mtnrider, thank you.
Ghost_RAM, I did use the guide on here for my first attempt. Worked perfect for my ‘17 Ram. I will try again on the Jeep, I remember not being able to find all of the settings.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Only because someone said the word "Jeep". Can I use my Alfa to change the tire size and other things on my friends
2017 Wrangler and if yes then what's the best Jeep forum to see if anyone there is using the Alfa?

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Only because someone said the word "Jeep". Can I use my Alfa to change the tire size and other things on my friends
2017 Wrangler and if yes then what's the best Jeep forum to see if anyone there is using the Alfa?

You should be able too. I've used it on my 2006 Ram and my 2010 Town & Country as well as my 2018 Ram.

No help on forums.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mtnrider, thank you.
Ghost_RAM, I did use the guide on here for my first attempt. Worked perfect for my ‘17 Ram. I will try again on the Jeep, I remember not being able to find all of the settings.
The BCMs are going to be different and I am unfamiliar with the others but if it was available from factory then theoretically it should be possible to enable.

Edit: @likes2build same as above. As far as tire size, if it shows being able to enter like our trucks do then maybe.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thank you! Somehow I thought that might be the answer about a Jeep forum.
Just an observation from me about the RAMForum and whether you agree or disagree it's just an observation.

Everyday I see new people join us here (I joined too) and many seem to mention other forums they've been to and when you Google something you want to do to your truck the majority of the hits come back with a link to a page to the RAMForum.
This is the most unbelievably helpful source of information and help from wonderful people that is available for a RAM owner!

@Ghost_RAM has started a thread that has blown up into something that has helped me turn my nothing equipped truck in to something beyond what I could have imagined without paying the dealer a ton of $$$$$ and being told "oh no, you can't do that". M2Mods harnesses have taken it over the top with a NAV radio, ATC, etc and other electronics wise. Just a short time after Thanksgiving I wrote about not looking at the forum for 20hrs and seeing an additional 12 new pages to this thread, UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM :cheers:

Last edited:

Thomas Fabian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

I have used it to enable the fog log drop out on my 2017 Wrangler. No luck with DRLs yet. Was getting the following error when trying to enable DRLs - Procedure completed, but status is unknown. The Control Unit did not confirm the write request.

Been working with Alexey to see what may be causing the issue. I have not tried the latest version - 2.1.6.4. Will try it later today in addition to playing around with fuel capacity settings on my 2016 Ram with a Titan tank.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
There needs to be a search feature in this thread.

Last edited: