AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14EcoRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Has anyone tried turning off/disabling the SCR and/or the dosing unit with alfaobd, I’ve seen it as an option but have heard of anyone trying it?
I don't think it's going to happen with Alphaobd.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Keep seeing these two faults under BCM with no noticable problems. Don't believe anything has been touched or changed since I have received these codes. Didn't have these months ago after installing the auxiliary switch panel. Really wish I could roll back time and screen record all my changes.
Don't have any ideas on what is causing the codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 85ea2b27cb094ab646d47a70b627132e.jpg370665409cab972f3758a8ffee9d24e2.jpg

Last edited:

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone else experience this?
I just tested for you

Key in and truck running- can lock
Key in acc - doors will not lock
Key in off position- will lock

Makes sense to me to not have the doors lockable while in ACC, keeps you from locking the keys in the truck if your just playing the radio or using bed lights etc.
truck running would assume you are driving so doors can be locked.

Key in off position the truck doesn’t recognize the key is in the truck so it will lock

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Keep seeing these two faults under BCM with no noticable problems. Don't believe anything has been touched or changed since I have received these codes. Didn't have these months ago after installing the auxiliary switch panel. Really wish I could roll back time and screen record all my changes. 85ea2b27cb094ab646d47a70b627132e.jpg370665409cab972f3758a8ffee9d24e2.jpg

If you have enabled logging in the alphaobd app and have it connected to a Google drive account you can send the logs to drive and verify what's been changed. It stacks the logs on top of each other so your first log will be the first you see and do the last will be your current. It'll take time going through and seeing what you have changed but you may find something. What I find to be the easiest for comparison is start with a word document insert 2 columns and copy and paste the previous log next to the current log to compare changes.

ef0ea89e8a940ac865ac5b6c131e23bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you have enabled logging in the alphaobd app and have it connected to a Google drive account you can send the logs to drive and verify what's been changed. It stacks the logs on top of each other so your first log will be the first you see and do the last will be your current. It'll take time going through and seeing what you have changed but you may find something. What I find to be the easiest for comparison is start with a word document insert 2 columns and copy and paste the previous log next to the current log to compare changes.

Thanks man I will try that next day I get some time. I don't feel like I have anything messed up anymore it was all fixed months ago just don't understand why I now have these codes.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks man I will try that next day I get some time. I don't feel like I have anything messed up anymore it was all fixed months ago just don't understand why I now have these codes.

Hard to say could be a loose wire/connection or ground

Tankerpilot01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

Does the logging only work with the android version? Or can that be setup with windows too?

I have windows version; but haven’t started messing with it yet.

Haven’t read of issues where having a log can be a huge help...I’m hoping I can set windows up to do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Does the logging only work with the android version? Or can that be setup with windows too?

I have windows version; but haven’t started messing with it yet.

Haven’t read of issues where having a log can be a huge help...I’m hoping I can set windows up to do this!

You can log with windows version also. I'm not familiar with the layout so I couldn't tell you exactly where to go

Tankerpilot01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
You can log with windows version also. I'm not familiar with the layout so I couldn't tell you exactly where to go

cool! I’ll dig around and find it!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
cool! I’ll dig around and find it!

First go to settings, and select LOG RECORDING then Look for either a tools icon or tools tab. I always click VIEW FAULTS AND STATUS LOG first then back to the previous screen and select UPLOAD TO GOOGLE DRIVE, UPLOAD FAULTS AND STATUS LOG, select BODY_CHRYSLER_INFO, enter whatever you want to save it as, I always save it as the date and what I changed for easy reference.

Edit. The steps should be the same for windows

Marioski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys.. Need some help with the logging. What are you guys using to open the log file? I think I was able to have Alfa create the log file for me correctly, but when I open the file directly from my google drive it's one bit text file. I'm 100% sure its user error on my part, but the screen shots some of you posted with a nice log file and comparisons form an old settings to update settings, I can not figure out how to get. Can one of you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
-M

Last edited:

John Owen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey guys.. Need some help with the logging. What are you guys using to open the log file? I think I was able to have Alfa create the log file for me correctly, but when I open the file directly from my google drive it's one bit text file. I'm 100% sure its user error on my part, but the screen shots some of you posted with a nice log file and comparisons form an old settings to update settings, I can not figure out how to get. Can one of you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
-M

You should be able to open in Notepad and it should format correctly. Even MS Word should work well.

AZJohnnyO

horsetrailer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Power Wagon
Change the file extension from HTML to txt

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Stephane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is only one setting for country code that I am aware of and it is in VehConfig 1. Not sure if you would need to set the country of origin or just optional in "CBC Features - DRL Configuration" (No DRL, Canada DRL, Europe DRL, Optional DRL or Europe DRL 48.04)??

However, seeing as you have a Limited, there are instructions here listing the procedure for setting Dedicated DRL which I would think you would want.

CBC I/O right dedicated DRL Lamp output preset - YES
CBC I/O left dedicated DRL lamp output present - YES
CBC DRL config -OPTIONAL DRL
CBC features - DRL lamp location- DEDICATED
CBC features- DRL dropout enable- YES
CBC features LED dedicated DRL present- YES
ECU Config- DRL customer settings enable/disable- YES
Daytime Running light CSM- YES

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1959214/

@Ghost_RAM i have been able to stop the speed chime by changing the Country Code in Vehicle Config 1. it was set to Gulf Coast Countries and now it set to Switzerland and no more beep at 120 KMH. In the ECU config 3, it is still set DESTINATION: Saudi Arabia but when I try to change it, but face the same problem as mentioned it post 5714. There is no list of countries tp choose, but a box to enter a value. any way it works well like that.

I have also been able to turn on the DRL following your procedure. I have choose optional DRL, low beam and set them to 9V. I also have set the option in the radio to turn them on and off.

Thank you all for your support.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Ghost_RAM i have been able to stop the speed chime by changing the Country Code in Vehicle Config 1. it was set to Gulf Coast Countries and now it set to Switzerland and no more beep at 120 KMH. In the ECU config 3, it is still set DESTINATION: Saudi Arabia but when I try to change it, but face the same problem as mentioned it post 5714. There is no list of countries tp choose, but a box to enter a value. any way it works well like that.

I have also been able to turn on the DRL following your procedure. I have choose optional DRL, low beam and set them to 9V. I also have set the option in the radio to turn them on and off.

Thank you all for your support.
What is the option to have it show up in the radio

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the option to have it show up in the radio
I believe it's under program customer features not in car configuration

Only CSMs should appear in the radio and they're located under car configuration change. I tried getting the CSM to show but it never did on my '16.

Edit: If we're talking about the speed limit chime?