AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys. New to the forum and new to alfaobd. My buddy has a 2013 ram with tow mirrors. We changed all the settings but his approach lights still won't work. Checked to see if voltage is coming from the module and it isn't. Any help would be appreciated.

He has factory tow mirrors or aftermarket?

If they are aftermarket what brand and model does he have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jethro1985

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
He has factory tow mirrors or aftermarket?

If they are aftermarket what brand and model does he have?

They are aftermarket tow mirrors bought off of eBay. Not sure of the brand. We checked the wiring and it seems correct.

Ramage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
These brow lights are set up on the dedicated LED DRL circuits(independent left and right). They illuminate when the truck is in gear, remote started or headlights are on. I have them set to drop out when the turn signal is on. I can also enable/disable them through the radio.
Originally I had the quad headlights but I haven't gone LEDs in everything yet.

View attachment 175628

Out of curiosity...
1. Do you have a link for the headlights with the brow lights?

2. How did you wire them on the "dedicated" circuit?

3. How did you designate for them to drop out?

They look nice!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Out of curiosity...

They look nice!

Alpharex.com is the company. You can also find them under modifystreet searching in ebay or Amazon

In the thread below has a more detailed description but depending on your year and if you have a 1500 or 2500/3500 the location of the pins maybe different. The dedicated drl feed is something that trucks with oem projectors have. It's simple to add. Mpgrimm2 can make you the Leeds if you want.

There is a setting for drl drop out in alphaobd.

Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...Modifystreet-headlights?.137858/&share_type=t

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Out of curiosity...

They look nice!

^^^ what 1500ram12 stated
If you don't have factory projectors, you'll need to check the connector under the fuse block to see if the wiring from the BCM is there so you can add the wiring from Mike @ M² Mods
On my '15 1500, it was pins 8 & 23 for the left and right DRL circuits, the left wire will come longer to run to the passenger side. They are also two different size pins.

Then follow the AlfaOBD settings found in the first post and/or here: https://www.ramforum.com/posts/2032174/

Thank you. Being the truck is silver and has a chrome front end, it looks different but the lights don't stand out drastically.

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
General usage question - Curious why are changes that I make not showing as "set" when I "upload to google drive" at the end of my workflow? Is this normal? Examples:

Doors Configuration:
Global Up: Not set (this was changed to On)
Global Down: Not set (this was changed to On)
Sun Shade: Not set
Puddle Lamp Present: Not set
Rear Door pre short drop behavior: Not set
Folding mirrors present: Not set (this was changed to On)
Heated Mirrors: Set (why is this showing set, but none of the others?)
Mirror turn signals present: Not set (this was changed to On)
Driver Memory Mirrors Present: Not set (this was changed to On)
Passenger Memory Mirror Present: Not set (this was changed to On)
Electro-chromatic driver mirror present: Not set (this was changed to On)
Electro-chromatic passenger mirror present: Not set (this was changed to On)
Tow Mirror Present: Not set
Blindspot Mirror Present: Not set
Mirror Approach Lights Present: Not set (this was changed to On)
Door map pocket LED present (Ambient Lights): Not set
Door Courtesy Lamps Present: Not set
Window Motor Type: Not set
Window Hall Sensors Present: Not set
Door handle LED present (Ambient Lights): Not set
Frameless Window Present: Not set

14EcoRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
General usage question - Curious why are changes that I make not showing as "set" when I "upload to google drive" at the end of my workflow? Is this normal? Examples:

Doors Configuration:
Did the changes work but not listed on google drive? That backup function will include all backups so try scrolling down for the most recent backup.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Doors Configuration:

Global up doesn’t work on our trucks.

Have you tried to see if any of the changes you've made are working? Did you change all of them in one shot?

Another possibility, when you upload your settings to Google drive the most current upload will be the last. each upload is roughly 28 page's if I remember right.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Yes, the changes work. And if I go back into AlfaOBD and look at each item, they are set (changed to what I want).... Also if I scroll all the way down to the bottom, I get entries like:

Car configuration change: Folding mirrors present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Mirror turn signals present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Electro-chromatic driver mirror present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Electro-chromatic passenger mirror present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Driver Memory Mirrors Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Passenger Memory Mirror Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Mirror Approach Lights Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Tilt mirror in reverse CSM: ' NO ' -> '1 '

Weird because when I look at shared config from others like CHAD, all those mirror settings are "set", but mine aren't:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uoaH4a8-3RD3tqPC2m13-B9qQJXp-Apu

The other thing I notice, is his configs appear to show the current date at the top, where as mine all seem to be stuck on 2019/03/16 11:44:08.121 no matter how many times I've uploaded them today!

Here's a link to an upload I just made (no actual changes, upload only):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S8wmqWnjHAKatkkDkkLKNY5JGD24DuU-

Am I doing something wrong?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Yes, the changes work. And if I go back into AlfaOBD and look at each item, they are set (changed to what I want).... Also if I scroll all the way down to the bottom, I get entries like:

Car configuration change: Folding mirrors present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Mirror turn signals present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Electro-chromatic driver mirror present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Electro-chromatic passenger mirror present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Driver Memory Mirrors Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Passenger Memory Mirror Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Mirror Approach Lights Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Tilt mirror in reverse CSM: ' NO ' -> '1 '

Weird because when I look at shared config from others like CHAD, all those mirror settings are "set", but mine aren't:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uoaH4a8-3RD3tqPC2m13-B9qQJXp-Apu

The other thing I notice, is his configs appear to show the current date at the top, where as mine all seem to be stuck on 2019/03/16 11:44:08.121 no matter how many times I've uploaded them today!

Here's a link to an upload I just made (no actual changes, upload only):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S8wmqWnjHAKatkkDkkLKNY5JGD24DuU-

Am I doing something wrong?

I don't have alphaobd in front of me so I'm going off of memory on this. When connected to the body Computer, click the battery icon (I believe) that will show everything that is on the bcm and what should be on your logs. Then go and download to your drive. See if that changes anything.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

wvmountaineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the PC version, and was wondering if it can be uninstalled? For some reason, my version doesn't seem to have the ability to update itself, and I see there are newer updates than what I have, can I download the newer version and install it without incurring more cost? On a side note, do I have to obtain a new license if I need to replace my hard drive? I have sent emails to the developer, but never hear anything back.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have the PC version, and was wondering if it can be uninstalled? For some reason, my version doesn't seem to have the ability to update itself, and I see there are newer updates than what I have, can I download the newer version and install it without incurring more cost? On a side note, do I have to obtain a new license if I need to replace my hard drive?

If you have the license file, there should be no problems uninstalling the old version and installing a new one.
Unless someone has already gone through this, the developer will have to answer if the license is attached to the hard drive or the mobo/processor.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haven’t heard from @Ghost_RAM in a while. He must have gotten tired of us lol

Hey! Sorry y'all, I've been out for a while with limited time due to some unforeseen circumstances and other RL crap getting in the way. Definitely not tired of anyone. Lol I enjoy working with all you knuckleheads :D

I have a lot of catching up to do!!!!

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey! Sorry y'all, I've been out for a while with limited time due to some unforeseen circumstances and other RL crap getting in the way. Definitely not tired of anyone. Lol I enjoy working with all you knuckleheads :D

I have a lot of catching up to do!!!!

Was just busting your balls cause I seen you hadn’t been on in a while. Lol.

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
I don't have alphaobd in front of me so I'm going off of memory on this. When connected to the body Computer, click the battery icon (I believe) that will show everything that is on the bcm and what should be on your logs. Then go and download to your drive. See if that changes anything.

Clicked battery icon and view status, then did the upload to google drive. Still no change in status items in the Door>mirrors sections, only added lots of info at the end of the file...

EDIT: Figured it out! Click battery icon then System ID, then upload to google. Everything showing now near end of file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mu8_43ix_jrPE3eQol2qc-PF2uRjZSJ6/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Help from Ghost_RAM or Ricks Ram...

2014 SLT 1500. Finished installing door switch, door modules, chrome cap mirrors (non-tow). Everything is working great - power fold, turn signals, tilt in reverse, approach lights.

The one thing that stopped working is the passenger front window no longer does auto down from the driver door switch (manual down works, auto up works). Both auto up and auto down work from the passenger door switch.

I did already perform the trick of holding the door switch up/down several seconds after the window is fully up/down to get this working on both front windows, but passenger window auto down is being very stubborn. Also tried disconnecting battery for 30 minutes but didn't help.

Link to full shared config file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Mu8_43ix_jrPE3eQol2qc-PF2uRjZSJ6

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Help from Ghost_RAM or Ricks Ram...

2014 SLT 1500. Finished installing door switch, door modules, chrome cap mirrors (non-tow). Everything is working great - power fold, turn signals, tilt in reverse, approach lights.

The one thing that stopped working is the passenger front window no longer does auto down from the driver door switch (manual down works, auto up works). Both auto up and auto down work from the passenger door switch.

I did already perform the trick of holding the door switch up/down several seconds after the window is fully up/down to get this working on both front windows, but passenger window auto down is being very stubborn. Also tried disconnecting battery for 30 minutes but didn't help.

Link to full shared config file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Mu8_43ix_jrPE3eQol2qc-PF2uRjZSJ6
I have seen door modules that have had glitches from the start and master switches as well. I also had one of my own drivers side door modules that for some reason wouldn't allow my tilt in reverse to work. I tried everything and couldn't figure it out. I changed the door drivers side door module and it started working. If it were me I would check for DTC codes and if any are present write down what they are, clear them and see if it helps and see if they return. If I didn't have any DTC codes I would re install the original master switch since it's the easiest to get too and see if that corrects your problem. If that doesn't correct the problem I would re install the original drivers side door module and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't then try the passenger side. If that corrects the problem then that will narrow it down to one of the door modules or master switch that is most likely the issue. It would just be a process of elimination until you can hopfuly isolate the issue. What part#s are the door modules you installed? I would think if you inadvertently changed a code the auto down feature wouldn't work at all. You may want to check vehicle cinfig#3 window Express feature configuration but I seriously doubt that would be your issue since the codes you enabled are no where near the vehicle config codes. Good luck, let us know if trying any of those solutions helps. 63b4f65f5cf4653a64408f511a8ace4d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Thanks, excellent idea to put the original door switch back in for testing!

I also enabled global up and global down, but neither is working? I thought at least global down should work.