Another security bypass question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveRS23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This may have already been beat to death and if so, just point me to the posts that I couldn't find myself. My victim is my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic.

My first question is what is the difference between the bypass with one single plug to the block and the one with two leads that go to the blocks? Which one do I need?

And second, now there are single lead bypasses on Ebay for $20 and even less. Will they work for me to add the trailer brake displays? And has anyone tried them yet to see if they work?

Thank you

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
See this thread:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
For the difference in price get the Kaodtech cable. Deereguy that makes them is a long term member here and a preferred vendor. I have one of his and it works perfect, plus it doesn't need to be removed for the dealer to service, just unplug it from the factory OBD port. Being able to access both Bus blocks means you can program whatever you need to with AlphaOBD. I have never seen a list of which features were on which Can block so why look for problems to save 20 bucks.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your best source for that question is MPGrimm2/M2 mods in the vendor forums. Brandon-W is very knowledgeable also. To the best of my understanding the double connection cable allows access to all the different modules on the CANBUS and the single connector cable only accesses some. There is a high speed buss and a low speed buss. I’m not sure what cable accesses which ones but I personally used the two connector version because I needed access to the RF Hub when upgrading to keyless N go. I’ve had zero issues with the KaodTech double connector cable.

Mohamed Albana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bricked my 2012 1500 with alpha obd I got a P0513 and got multiple new keys and still no crank and now it’s no crank no start red dot . I restored config multiple times. Did the pos neg trick and still just a click. My truck started flawlessly everyday

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bricked my 2012 1500 with alpha obd I got a P0513 and got multiple new keys and still no crank and now it’s no crank no start red dot . I restored config multiple times. Did the pos neg trick and still just a click. My truck started flawlessly everyday

Are you able to describe exactly what you were doing when your truck "bricked" and what changes you were attempting to make with AlphaOBD?

And did you copy the original configuration before any changes were tried?

Mohamed Albana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are you able to describe exactly what you were doing when your truck "bricked" and what changes you were attempting to make with AlphaOBD?

And did you copy the original configuration before any changes were tried?

I think I made like 2 very basic changes like horns or something and drl and then saved it tbh