Apple car play problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamphotostudio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Jeff and David--

I'm sorry to hear about the sound variations you're experiencing with your Uconnect system recently. Are either of you working with your dealers to get this addressed? Please send us a private message so we can work with you on finding a resolution.

Thank you in advance,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Hi Courtney,

I have to take my car in for service shortly, but I don't have much faith in them fixing it. We just had a new Honda Pilot where the radio and dash were going black and dropping calls. All we got from the dealer was "We can't duplicate the problem." so they would never attempt to fix it even though we showed them video of it happening multiple times. This is also so you cannot lemon law your vehicle. They have to "Attempt to fix the issue" 3 times. If they never attempt, you can't lemon law it. Dealers hate warrantee work because they get paid at a much lower rate. I used to be a tech in a dealership so I was the guy fixing things for lower pay.

Quite honestly I think its on purpose to make the higher end systems a reason to upgrade. I'll be upgrading alright....to a better stereo system!

I will however report back once I've dealt with them. If I have any luck, I'll let you know!

Best,
Jeff

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi Courtney,

I have to take my car in for service shortly, but I don't have much faith in them fixing it. We just had a new Honda Pilot where the radio and dash were going black and dropping calls. All we got from the dealer was "We can't duplicate the problem." so they would never attempt to fix it even though we showed them video of it happening multiple times. This is also so you cannot lemon law your vehicle. They have to "Attempt to fix the issue" 3 times. If they never attempt, you can't lemon law it. Dealers hate warrantee work because they get paid at a much lower rate. I used to be a tech in a dealership so I was the guy fixing things for lower pay.

Quite honestly I think its on purpose to make the higher end systems a reason to upgrade. I'll be upgrading alright....to a better stereo system!

I will however report back once I've dealt with them. If I have any luck, I'll let you know!

Best,
Jeff

Good afternoon Jeff,

Thank you for following up to our response! I'm glad you were able to get an appointment scheduled with your dealer and look forward to hearing more about your dealership visit. Let us know if you run into any concerns in the meantime!

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

jamphotostudio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good afternoon Jeff,

Thank you for following up to our response! I'm glad you were able to get an appointment scheduled with your dealer and look forward to hearing more about your dealership visit. Let us know if you run into any concerns in the meantime!

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Hi Courtney,

Just got back from service (4 hours!!) There was a new development this morning right before i left this morning. I got in my car and plugged my phone in. It showed the apps on my 8.4" screen, instead of the music app already being open. So, I touched the tiny icon on the left side of the screen, and it showed the music I had been listening to last for about half a second, and then immediately flashed back to the big icons on the entire screen. After that every time I touch the music app it just flashes there quickly and then back to the main screen with the big icons.

Then I started the music on my phone and while it was playing I selected the app again on the screen and it immediately shut off the music and defaulted to the main Apple Car Play screen again!! I took it to the dealer for my service and they messed with it for 4 HOURS and gave it back to me the same way I gave it to them!! I love my truck, but I'll trade that **** in a heartbeat if I have to deal with this problem for much longer!!

I'm so over the radio issues with these vehicles!! I'm going back to 8-track!!

Jeff

BroKV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I have a 2021 2500 Big Horn and Apple CarPlay works fine, only issue is when playing music from the Music app, I get skipping. Like a bad vinyl record. Tried it with 3 different iPhones and the cable is new. USB-C to Lightning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
One of the problems that can cause issues with carplay is the cable itself. Even expensive to buy or expensive looking cables may not be able to transfer data efficiently and that can result in blank screens, information not transferring properly and that could manifest as music skipping. There are certifications for data transfer in cables and I would look for one that can transfer up to 10 gbps, this would ensure you eliminate that as a problem. A second option is, once you know you have a good data transfer cable, go test drive another Ram and plug in and see if everything works. You can quickly "forget" your phone on that truck's radio when done but it will ensure your settings on your phone are correct if everything works fine on that other truck.