Badges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone that tries to display something they totally dont have just makes themselves look like a tool, mind as well put some Saleen badges and yenko stickers and peterbilt hood ornament on while youre at it

OP
OP
Jamrock09

Jamrock09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awe I’m gonna miss my granite crystal. But the new truck is home! Haven’t hit me yet... the family is extatic.

9C88CA38-FE55-46C8-9146-9E2AB73D401D.jpeg

D4DDA1C0-0B82-45D0-9481-E53BE187F7BD.jpeg

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Anyone that tries to display something they totally dont have just makes themselves look like a tool, mind as well put some Saleen badges and yenko stickers and peterbilt hood ornament on while youre at it

Hmmm... A peterbilt hood ornament. Now I know what my next project is gonna be!

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know the Power Wagon guys just HATE when people put POWER WAGON badges on their NON PW trucks...

I have seen a SRT Hell Cat emblem on a Jeep Wrangler once. Actually twice..

but - both Jeeps had a Hell Cat motor in them! So...

unless you have a Demon motor............

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6

Mopar man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I say do it. I think it would look cool as that badge does look awesome. Put a nice performance muffler on there and really make people wonder! To me it’s really no different than people putting stickers of Yamaha or their boat manufacturer or whatever on their back window.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
It is your truck, but...a little Poser.

Hemi badges, Mopar badges, 343 Cu In badges, custom badges are all true.
You don't have a Demon and anyone who knows you only have a 5.7L might find your "Stolen Gravitas" a little weak.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I say do it. I think it would look cool as that badge does look awesome. Put a nice performance muffler on there and really make people wonder! To me it’s really no different than people putting stickers of Yamaha or their boat manufacturer or whatever on their back window.

No, putting brand stickers on your window is completely different then a different vehicle model badge

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Mopar man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, putting brand stickers on your window is completely different then a different vehicle model badge

I Bleed Ram Trucks

No. It’s not. For the guy driving a Tacoma who has a Mopar decal on his back window because he likes the brand. I guess he’s saying his Tacoma is Mopar powered too I guess. No, he just likes the brand/look and could give two F’s what people think

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
No. It’s not. For the guy driving a Tacoma who has a Mopar decal on his back window because he likes the brand. I guess he’s saying his Tacoma is Mopar powered too I guess. No, he just likes the brand/look and could give two F’s what people think

I can’t say that I’ve ever seen a Toyota with a Mopar decal, or a ford with a Chevy bow tie stuck on.

I Bleed Ram Trucks

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

when people put brand stickers on ,95% of the time own said vehichle sticker, snowmobile guys put their brand on, boat guys do it all the time, MX guys... putting something on your truck that its not is just being a douchy poser

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, OP, like some previous posters, your ride, your rules. I wouldn't; heck, I think about debadging my Reb from time to time...still, I'm not driving your truck!

Now for an observation: chrisp says "ford with a Chevy bow tie stuck on" but if you think about the hot rod community, many builders and owners in that bunch have no problem putting Chevy motors in Ford cars and trucks. Of course, few advertise that fact via badges or stickers, but during car shows, it's quite obvious! Why Chevy put the distributor in back of all those motors still boggles my mind...

TXCOMT

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, OP, like some previous posters, your ride, your rules. I wouldn't; heck, I think about debadging my Reb from time to time...still, I'm not driving your truck!

Now for an observation: chrisp says "ford with a Chevy bow tie stuck on" but if you think about the hot rod community, many builders and owners in that bunch have no problem putting Chevy motors in Ford cars and trucks. Of course, few advertise that fact via badges or stickers, but during car shows, it's quite obvious! Why Chevy put the distributor in back of all those motors still boggles my mind...

TXCOMT

patents

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll just chime in and say its bad enough when people sticker up their ride with Captain Obvious stickers...oh really? I couldnt tell if it was a Camaro until I saw the 12” banner across the rear window....

never-enough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My take:

If you want to do something different, to make your truck “yours”
Then get some badges custom made.
It’s not hard to do, there’s a ton of vendors that are happy to make something for you. You don’t even have to be especially creative, as many of them offer ready made options to choose from. Some of them are super cheap, some can get pricey. But you get to decide what you want, and have something that no one has.
I think that’s way cooler than just slapping a badge on that everyone has seen before.
I usually do some amount of debadging on my vehicles, and often times a bit of rebadging as well.
But I wouldn’t put srt badges on my rt.
I would however consider putting 392 badges on my 5.7.....
if I stroked it.
But honestly I probably wouldn’t, as I’d rather leave everyone wondering why my car was so much faster than they expected.

Upbadging tends to be frowned upon by many since it’s basically lying about what the vehicle is... or trying to trick people into thinking it’s something that it’s not. Not everyone notices, or is offended by this, clearly.

Personally I think the demon badge would be awesome on your truck.

(If you also put the demon motor in it.)

If you really just love that badge, why not buy one and put it on the side of your toolbox in the garage?

But at the end of the day I say it’s your truck, and you are the one paying for it, so you should do whatever makes you happy!