Best Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My local advance auto parts has them in stock for $24.99 ea, with an online 30% off coupon and tax it came too $37.87 for the pair out the door, that’s not bad at all for Bosch Icons is it?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mopar 55277446AB - 2011-2017 1500, 2500 & 3500 left/right wiper blade

I’m not sure which blades that guy was asking about but I don’t think these are what he meant. Or well, I wouldn’t think those would classify as best wipers. Lol.

The Mopars on my 18 look like a Bosch Icon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bosch Icons for me

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Bosch Icons on there now and to be honest, the stock blades were just as good if not better. I did notice that the Icons are a tad shorter since I put them on when my truck was dirty and could see them falling a touch short of where the windshield was clean.

I spoke to a buddy of mine who works for dodge and he said they have three versions of replacements. The value line, Magneti Marelli and OEM. From what I remember the OEM were in the 2x.xx area. However my wiper blades fell apart one night and I needed replacements, so I got the Bosch from Advance Autoparts.

Btw my OEM blades lasted just short of two years until they came apart (and were still working great up til then)

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I’m not sure which blades that guy was asking about but I don’t think these are what he meant. Or well, I wouldn’t think those would classify as best wipers. Lol.

The Mopars on my 18 look like a Bosch Icon.

So exactly what did he mean then? He asked about blades and that’s what these are right. And as for best, that’s all relative. I didn’t say they were, I did say they work extremely well.

So in that note, what exactly constitutes as a “best”wiper. One that sheds water really well? Check. Doesn’t streak? Check. Last awhile? Check. Great price? Check. Can’t figure out why anyone would pay double for something that does all of this at have the price. Just sayin

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was asking the P/N of the OEM blades, I had the same number that he gave me but for some reason it says not for my application (2017 Sport). However, the photo that goes along with that P/N doesn’t look like what came on my truck, my current OEM blades kinda look like the ICONs imo.

dayum, I gotta get me some Bosch Icons. I have never seen such a following for a product ... other than the Pedal Commander . :cool:

I hear ya, they have them at advance auto but make sure you order online and use coupon them pickup in store

Last edited:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
So... you'd rather not see as well in the winter? Wiper blades are like brake pads... they work BECAUSE they are a sacrificial part.

Another vote for the Bosch Icons. Make sure you get the 22 A (drivers) and B (passenger).
Not 2 x 22A? Need 1 22A and 1 22B?

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So exactly what did he mean then? He asked about blades and that’s what these are right.
I didn’t know what wiper blades he meant initially at the time, but contained in the second paragraph of his post 48- suggests that he was thinking the same thing I was thinking, which is the higher-up Mopar, “Bosch Icon look-alikes”, not the plain-Jane standard wipers you posted part numbers to.

And as for best, that’s all relative. I didn’t say they were, I did say they work extremely well.
Of course it’s all relative. There is no “best”. But there is popular tho. The Bosch Icons seem to be just that.

Those that you posted, being 14 bucks a piece, is a fairly good price for a wiper blade. Those flimsy cheap 6 dollar wiper blades are about as cheap and worthless as they come. Lol.

So in that note, what exactly constitutes as a “best”wiper. One that sheds water really well? Check. Doesn’t streak? Check. Last awhile? Check. Great price? Check. Can’t figure out why anyone would pay double for something that does all of this at have the price.
As far as “best”....again, I think it’s more about popularity than actually being the “best”. A lot of things can be the “best” but being a popular choice says a lot more. Even considering we’re talking about a 25 dollar a piece wiper blade.

All wiper blades will pretty much be streak-free... when they’re brand new. Sheds water well.... when they are brand new. Even last for a pretty good bit. Those frameless wiper blades are better in the winter time because they don’t freeze up as quickly and as bad. That’s primarily the reason why winter blades Are covered in a rubber boot. Keeps the water out of the movable parts which is what freezes standard frame wiper blades, pretty much rendering them useless unless you pull over and give them a good thump... until they freeze up again in the next 5 miles. Lol. Premium wiper blades usually have better wiping edges and are made of much better materials that are proven to last longer.

But ya know, if you see no difference in premium blades vs mediocre blades, that’s fine. Spend less money and change them more often. I prefer a premium blade that will last a very long time because as I said, it’s not just necessarily because of longevity; premium wiper blades are usually more expensive for a reason.

Just sayin

As am I...

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
pretty much I change every 6 months I use Anco in the winter and Bosch in the summer

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
The pair I now have are Rain-X and bought last fall and they have held up very well through the winter. Forget how much I paid for them, but would buy them again.
2nd vote for rain-x /Getting 24's next time.
I lift the wipers away from the windshield before the snow falls..old new england trick ,

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I didn’t know what wiper blades he meant initially at the time, but contained in the second paragraph of his post 48- suggests that he was thinking the same thing I was thinking, which is the higher-up Mopar, “Bosch Icon look-alikes”, not the plain-Jane standard wipers you posted part numbers to.

Of course it’s all relative. There is no “best”. But there is popular tho. The Bosch Icons seem to be just that.

Those that you posted, being 14 bucks a piece, is a fairly good price for a wiper blade. Those flimsy cheap 6 dollar wiper blades are about as cheap and worthless as they come. Lol.

As far as “best”....again, I think it’s more about popularity than actually being the “best”. A lot of things can be the “best” but being a popular choice says a lot more. Even considering we’re talking about a 25 dollar a piece wiper blade.

All wiper blades will pretty much be streak-free... when they’re brand new. Sheds water well.... when they are brand new. Even last for a pretty good bit. Those frameless wiper blades are better in the winter time because they don’t freeze up as quickly and as bad. That’s primarily the reason why winter blades Are covered in a rubber boot. Keeps the water out of the movable parts which is what freezes standard frame wiper blades, pretty much rendering them useless unless you pull over and give them a good thump... until they freeze up again in the next 5 miles. Lol. Premium wiper blades usually have better wiping edges and are made of much better materials that are proven to last longer.

But ya know, if you see no difference in premium blades vs mediocre blades, that’s fine. Spend less money and change them more often. I prefer a premium blade that will last a very long time because as I said, it’s not just necessarily because of longevity; premium wiper blades are usually more expensive for a reason.

As am I...

Ok Professor Wiper lol

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok Professor Wiper lol

That’s Mister... Professor Wiper....[emoji41]

Hey, one thing Ive learned about living down here in soggy Oklahoma with all these ungodly rain storms they’re capable of, you come to have high respect for good quality wiper blades and good tires that handle good on wet roads and against hydroplaning...lol.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do I need 2 22As or 1 22A and 1 22B? Inquiring minds wanna know...

Pretty sure you want a 22A for the driver side and a 22B for the right side.

A good way to find out is just go to orileys or auto zone, or pretty much any car parts site and enter your vehicle.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
22A is left and 22B is right side you need 1 ea
Cool, website just showed 22A. Gonna order these puppies now. Drizzled up here in Round Rock and I thought I had 2 Hershey bars on my wipers. :eek: