Blacklisted by Dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
do you have wheel locks? he could have been looking for the key so he could take the tire off to check the tpms sensor.if you think he was just going through to be going through it i wouldn't want to go back there anyway.i had new tires mounted last year and i know the tech and he asked me where the wheel key was i said in the console he said can you get it for me and i'm like really dude i know you.he said its company policy because people complain i could get wrote up.

gts340

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I think you did the wrong thing and should be blacklisted. Good for them. You probably did break the law by recording in the first place. Even if it's not illegal there, posting first to ruin their reputation and then expecting them to kiss your ass is ignorant.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think you did the wrong thing and should be blacklisted. Good for them. You probably did break the law by recording in the first place. Even if it's not illegal there, posting first to ruin their reputation and then expecting them to kiss your ass is ignorant.

Post #7, he brought it to the GM and he did nothing for him. Therefore, public shame. I would agree if he posted it before giving them a chance to make it right, but if you give them a chance and they don't want to do anything about it? I'd do the same thing, a lot of these dealers DESERVE to be publicly shamed for how they work.

Boo hoo the dealer deserves privacy, yeah I'm real concerned about their rights after all the messed up **** they do to their customers.

2515x3jj

Reaction score
Ram Year
95/03
Engine
5.9/5.7
I have to agree with Seth.... As a former mechanic in dealerships, I should represent the integrity of the dealership by NOT , bad mouthing or seeking where I don't belong!!!!
In my eyes you did right, ( because management is like government, lie to save yourself ) and more people should as to make the BAD people pay for there actions and not yours for trying to solve a problem they are certified to do and handle as PROFESSIONALS!!!!!!
Good luck in the future..... Hope we all learned something from this....

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
I record my wife's tp,s and mid,s all the time and she hates when I post it too. I get where you are coming from. Seriously though not a chance in hell i would go back to that place. Bottom line is they are pissed they got caught. and more honest we all talk **** and I'm sure If somebody recorded me at work there would be a lot of unhappy people. Just how we vent get through the day. Sure it wasn't purposefully done. Reguardless I would proudly start fresh somewhere else but good luck with everything.

OP
OP
Duane Pipes

Duane Pipes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kind of a weird comparison here... but... your situation reminded me of this story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...e05c00-18f3-11e5-ab92-c75ae6ab94b5_story.html

I personally feel like you've done the right thing. But I'd get that TMPS sensor taken care of a find somewhere else to call home for a dealership.
Yeah I've read that story before and ur right. Wonder if the patient got on a forum to share their experience but a few cranky old guys were citing wiretapping laws and incorrect police protocols. Haha take shake salute!

B818F9BE-C4B4-45AF-B66F-6D5AA3C72686.jpeg

genogator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Humm! The castle doctrine is part of the South Carolina legal bag. The doctrine is not applicable here because it deals with personal protection in your home, hotel or vehicle, i.e. your car is treated like your home. Perhaps it is reasonable to have a recording device with intent to protect your protected space just like it is reasonable to have nanny cams or security cameras in and arround your home. I would think the problem is posting it on the internet.

OP
OP
Duane Pipes

Duane Pipes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I honestly don't care what you think.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I love my truck, but the dealership I bought it off of is the worst customer service ever

won't go into the complete and thorough incompetence they have exhibited on my truck and am still living with

I would throw the techs & service manager under the bus in a New York minute

OP
OP
Duane Pipes

Duane Pipes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't read the all of the posts, but did the FCA customer care folks chime in?
Yes and it was from a user on this forum but I have a case manager from FCA. The tpms have been worked on 5 times. No one can fix it. FCA says keep bringing it in until it's fixed.

OP
OP
Duane Pipes

Duane Pipes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love my truck, but the dealership I bought it off of is the worst customer service ever

won't go into the complete and thorough incompetence they have exhibited on my truck and am still living with

I would throw the techs & service manager under the bus in a New York minute
What did they do? As in sales or service?

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
This thread shows why the lemon laws are important to protect auto buyers. It is also why I would never ever buy a used vehicle from a dealer as I have no access to the problems and repair history of the vehicle and Car Fax is really a fraud in this respect. Important to carefully document you experiences and all your communications with the dealer and the manufacturer when there is an ongoing problem.

I have been more than a little put off by the responses of dealers and the manufacturers to problems with their customers trucks, in particular Ram and Ford stand out from their competitors with a poor track record. Too many posts where people have driven a truck home and then in less than a month had a severe failure and then had the truck sitting at the dealer for months while they had to continue to make payments on their loan.

With every make of vehicle I have owned there have been multiple dealers to choose from and a some with good service managers and mechanics and those rare places get my business until the truck is out of warranty at which point the independent garage mechanics have been better in my own experience.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have 2 dash cams -one front-one back-and they are active as long as the key is on or truck gets bumped. If an employee was caught rummaging through your truck bins then he should be fired at the least. The dealership should be thanking you for bringing this employee to their attention. My dash cams record everything -even when I go to Krown for undercoating. I dont want anyone abusing my truck or looking in my bins etc-especially when I am paying them for a service!!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
However -I read that you were having problems with your TPMS and that would certainly require the locking hub key or socket in my case. If you hadnt made that readily available then it it is possible that the employee was searching for just that. Too many questions for an opinion from me now. However, I wouldnt post anything on youtube unless I was positive for fear of legal repercussions. Hope it all works out either way.

armallard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would've went straight to the the GM do not pass go or showed it to anyone but him and kept the original until I got my truck fixed and have him ask the tech what was the hell he was needing in my console for. I hope it all works out for you.

Tmcb2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins
I too was blacklisted from a dealer for scoring a 1 star on my purchase.

Stevesfirstram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Isn't the inside of your truck your property? You can't have a camera on your property? Based on their analogy I guess my Ring door bell must be illegal if it picks up someone on the side walk. I would not go back to them, they can't be trusted. I wonder what would have happened if you were a female and they were commenting on your looks on camera and that ended up on Youtube? Trump got in trouble when he did it.