Cab lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here ya go Machria....although I dont know if its gonna be much help. I forgot I removed the lower shroud beneath the front bumper. Which would make access a lot easier. I'd prob just pull the headlight

20171222_233502_resized.jpg

20171222_233452_resized.jpg

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Got my Cab Lights installed today. Went pretty easy. Biggest thing was layout. Power on the Right side pillar. Pics Tomorrow.

Machria

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Limited
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
Power on the Right side pillar. Pics Tomorrow.

Do tell! Powere from the RIGHT side pillar????

I still haven't connected mine yet, between it being 87 degrees below zero for the last 2 weeks, and waiting for my new grill to show up, they are just clear plastic bumps on the roof! ;) A deer hit me last week and killed part of my grill, so I'll replace the grill and pull the headlight/parking light at the same time to get these powered....

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Do you guys have any tips or tricks to getting the plastic inserts to stop spinning. Most of mine I can get pliers on but there are two in the front that are up underneath another section of the roof that I cannot get a pair of pliers on and they keep spinning. Starting to freak out a little bit and regret my decision to do this myself

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you guys have any tips or tricks to getting the plastic inserts to stop spinning. Most of mine I can get pliers on but there are two in the front that are up underneath another section of the roof that I cannot get a pair of pliers on and they keep spinning. Starting to freak out a little bit and regret my decision to do this myself

I had the same thing happen on a few of mine. They started to turn at first. I put a little more pressure on them as i was turning the screws in and they began to grip. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I was using a ratcheting screwdriver. Good luck, hope that helps!

OP
OP
S

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do tell! Powere from the RIGHT side pillar????

I still haven't connected mine yet, between it being 87 degrees below zero for the last 2 weeks, and waiting for my new grill to show up, they are just clear plastic bumps on the roof! ;) A deer hit me last week and killed part of my grill, so I'll replace the grill and pull the headlight/parking light at the same time to get these powered....
Some trucks have a wure harnes in the A pillar on the passenger side. I believe all of the 2500/3500's do. Mine did, but I already had my power wire ran, so I never tested it. If you remove the A pillar you should see it right away of its there.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I had the same thing happen on a few of mine. They started to turn at first. I put a little more pressure on them as i was turning the screws in and they began to grip. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I was using a ratcheting screwdriver. Good luck, hope that helps!
Thanks, I ended up getting them just had to get that right amount of pressure like you said some of the ones i could get to i put pliers on em. Had me freaked out a bit.

Install went smooth other than that, the template was a pain in the ass. I only took the front a pillars and sun visors off and I was easily able to access where I needed to get.

I did put a thin layer of silicon on the inner lip of the rubber seal just cause I'm paranoid. Wasn't a fan of the plastic nutsert Appling the sealing pressure. I tapped into my HID headlight wire for power. Works great! I love how they turned out but I don't know that I would ever do it again drilling those holes had me freaked out even though I measured several times1ba1899968bf1a6d03862e75e5be2380.jpg0af586ad64538db54841128bb229668c.jpg

45aaa4c844d3fa85fb9812b329b15309.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good Maligator! Did you do recons, or just white bulbs?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great Maligator, so just taking off the pillars and visors gave you enough room to get your hand inside to install the wiring?

What did you do about the metal shavings from drilling?

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Looks great Maligator, so just taking off the pillars and visors gave you enough room to get your hand inside to install the wiring?

What did you do about the metal shavings from drilling?
I guess I should add that I do have a sunroof without it I'm not sure I could've done it just dropping the front half. Especially since I had trouble with the nylon nutsert things. Also squeezing the lamp sockets through the 7/8" holes was a bit of a tight fit and took some work getting them in.

As for the metal shavings I did have my vacuum near the drill bits to catch as much as possible and vacuumed out the top of the liner. Did have quite a bit of shaving.

Also another little issue I had was I used a 1/4" regular drill bit first and it kept wanting to twist and grab the thin sheet metal when it broke through. I then switched to a step bit for the remainder of the holes and it worked great.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looks Good ! I did mine a couple of weeks ago. I used some silicone to hold the inserts in place. Also a 6mm drill bit which made them fit tighter. Spent most of the time double checking layout.Several times actually.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Looks Good ! I did mine a couple of weeks ago. I used some silicone to hold the inserts in place. Also a 6mm drill bit which made them fit tighter. Spent most of the time double checking layout.Several times actually.
I wish i would've realized how they worked before i went hacking away...lol

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I did quite a lot of research on install. Found the best info on the Cummins forum.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, I ended up getting them just had to get that right amount of pressure like you said some of the ones i could get to i put pliers on em. Had me freaked out a bit.

Install went smooth other than that, the template was a pain in the ass. I only took the front a pillars and sun visors off and I was easily able to access where I needed to get.

I did put a thin layer of silicon on the inner lip of the rubber seal just cause I'm paranoid. Wasn't a fan of the plastic nutsert Appling the sealing pressure. I tapped into my HID headlight wire for power. Works great! I love how they turned out but I don't know that I would ever do it again drilling those holes had me freaked out even though I measured several times1ba1899968bf1a6d03862e75e5be2380.jpg0af586ad64538db54841128bb229668c.jpg

45aaa4c844d3fa85fb9812b329b15309.jpg

Looks great. is the passenger giving you a big thumbs down? :lol:

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Looks great. is the passenger giving you a big thumbs down? [emoji38]
Hahaha, I was wondering if anyone would see that. She hates working on the truck days. I still haven't fully embraced the "happy wife, happy life" concept...lol

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hahaha, I was wondering if anyone would see that. She hates working on the truck days. I still haven't fully embraced the "happy wife, happy life" concept...lol

I was just checking out the truck and was like wait a minute whats going on in the cab lol

Yeah my wife hates it to0 but has grown to know thats just how life will be with me. if its not the Power Wagon, its the mustang or its the RZR, or its the kids go karts, etc...