Dashboard suggestions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frosty415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I was over at a fishing buddy's house and while unloading some gear his dog decides to jump in my truck and run his nails down my dashboard/glove box area. The scratches aren't too bad but bad enough that I can't rub them or buff them out. He offered to pay to have it fixed but I feel bad that he doesn't have a ton of money so I'd like to try to get it fixed myself or on the cheap end. Does anyone have any idea how to get them out?? I have seen a couple of videos of people doing it with a heat gun but am a little skeptical I'll screw it up even worse. Any help is appreciated.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've seen it done with a heat gun too. For the really pebbly looking surfaces I don't think it works as well as it does on the smoother finishes. I've never done it myself.

Good luck!

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Stop by an upholstery place and get their opinion. They might have some unique ideas.