DIY: 2013-18 (19 classic) Power Fold Mirror upgrade/Notes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You are awesome Jimmy!
I’ll let you guys know how I make out.

Does anyone know if these lights will take a full 12v, I see some of the pins are 5v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5v supplies are for sensors, so I would say that is for the temp sensor. Looking at AlfaOBD, the target percentage for illuminated approach INTERIOR lighting is 75% (of 12v). I would say since the only time the puddle lamps are used is for illuminated approach, they would just get the full 12 volts.

stihlyourface

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I hate to ask Jimmy but there is a second 10 pin connector on these mirrors (it’s white). Would you be able to get that as well?

It only has two wires on it.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I hate to ask Jimmy but there is a second 10 pin connector on these mirrors (it’s white). Would you be able to get that as well?

It only has two wires on it.

yVNijLu.jpg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Note that it's likely neither of those tow mirrors you wired are AutoDim (driver side for certain).

There's another set with driver side only. Not sure if they are chrome capped or not. Ask Remen to be sure.

M² Mods.
A quick way to tell if a non tow mirror is auto dim besides the thicker black plastic ring on the actual mirror glass is to check and see if it has four wires in the white connector. If it has four or more wires it's a auto dim mirror. From what I have seen If it only has two wires in the white connector it's not auto dim.
Not sure if tow mirrors are the same but I would think there us a good chance they are since they are all wired the same for the most part.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stihlyourface

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’ve got the cab lights to power running lights.
Im going to run the puddle lights off if the footwell light circuit.

Lastly, I am looking for a place INSIDE THE CAB where I can tap into the signal lights.

Anyone know of a spot?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’ve got the cab lights to power running lights.
Im going to run the puddle lights off if the footwell light circuit.

Lastly, I am looking for a place INSIDE THE CAB where I can tap into the signal lights.

Anyone know of a spot?

You can only get a dedicated turn signal circuit from the front headlights . So, inside the cab, you’ll have to grab those circuits at the bcm where they originate. You’ll get the right turn circuit from pin 13 of the C1 connector on the bcm, and you’ll get the left turn circuit from pin 14 of the C4 connector. When you look up at the bcm above the brake pedals, C1 is the first one on the top row left, and C4 is the last one on the top row right. eDgEflH.jpg

tcbsHPK.jpg

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck getting up there, hope you're a contortionist with skinny arms and small hands haha. I did not have fun working up in there for the bed lighting wires.

stihlyourface

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
b0e0f154f75feeae035f2cf431309a29.jpg

I got this from the manufacturer if anyone else buys the YITAMOTOR Mirrors from amazon.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Added to post 2 ...

Pwr Fold, Heated, AutoDim, WHITE, w/puddle/signal, w/MEMORY (18RamLimited):
(R) Pass Mirror: 6RG68GW7AF
(L) Drvr Mirror: 6RG70GW7AD

M² Mods.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Added to post 2 ...

Pwr Fold, Heated, AutoDim, WHITE, w/puddle/signal, w/MEMORY (18RamLimited):
(R) Pass Mirror: 6RG68GW7AF
(L) Drvr Mirror: 6RG70GW7AD

M² Mods.

These are 150 on allmoparparts? Doesn’t seem right, if they have memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
These are 150 on allmoparparts? Doesn’t seem right, if they have memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Double check on other parts websites. Sometimes the Mopar pricing for specific versions of similar parts varies wildly...

Found this out when buying the 2018 black out rebel version (white stitch) of the console lid w/USB hub vs other versions ...

ie:
Entire 2018 Console Lid Assy (includes premium dual USB hub) here are some PNs and pricing from forum Vendor Benny at AllMoparParts.com ...

$317 - Rebel Red stitch:
5YE031XRAG.

$403 - Rebel White Stitch:
6RD67XDBAF.

$*** - Rebel Blue Stitch: (pm Benny)

$646 - Laramie Std Black:
6RD73DX9AF.

$970 - Limited White Stitch & logo:
6RD71BD3AF.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I need to add this info to post 2...

Currently in the for sale section $295 (fantastic price!)

...4th Gen Outside Rearview Mirrors off my 2017 2500 ....
These are [edit: STD size] factory non-flip OEM originals; part numbers are:
5RR541XRAD (passenger side)
5RR551XRAF (driver side)

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-mirror-outside-rearview~5rr551xraf.html
https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-mirror-outside-rearview~5rr541xrad.html

... They include all the Laramie options: puddle lights, turn signal, power adjust, heated, memory, power folding, and driver's side temp sensor ...

Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat (PXR)

View attachment 187342 View attachment 187343 View attachment 187344 View attachment 187345 View attachment 187346

M² Mods.

Last edited:

DAVID MCLENDON

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i6 6.7 diesel
HTXRamExp, I have a 2017 Tradesman 4 door and am interested in upgrading to the power fold mirrors. I currently have power heated and adjustable mirrors, but would like to upgrade because of Yahoos in parking lots adjusting my mirrors for me. I looked at the
TRMRP00042
and the site says that it wont work unless I already have power folding mirrors.
What would be the exact part numbers to get both power folding mirrors and the door control and programming if needed?

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
HTXRamExp, I have a 2017 Tradesman 4 door and am interested in upgrading to the power fold mirrors. I currently have power heated and adjustable mirrors, but would like to upgrade because of Yahoos in parking lots adjusting my mirrors for me. I looked at the
TRMRP00042
and the site says that it wont work unless I already have power folding mirrors.
What would be the exact part numbers to get both power folding mirrors and the door control and programming if needed?
Door module PNs and door switch are listed in the OP for 13-18 trucks, and would be the parts setup to make the factory mirrors work once enabled in the BCM (as long as you don't have a manual crank window truck).
You can always contact forum vendor AllmoparParts.com (Benny) to confirm/check if the PNs have been superseded... but the 4 Dr modules listed are the ones I used to upgrade my 2013 truck and later came factory on my 18 Laramie.

M² Mods.

Mauler90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed the aftermarket power fold mirrors and they fold in opposite. The drivers folds in and when I hit the button to fold our, the passenger comes in. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Just installed the aftermarket power fold mirrors and they fold in opposite. The drivers folds in and when I hit the button to fold our, the passenger comes in. Any ideas?
Who made the mirrors?
Contact the people that made the mirrors for a replacement ...

or

See example schematics in post 35 to identify the mirror pins at the connector that need to be swapped.

M² Mods.

Kenepo17ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did the power folding mirror with turn signal upgrade on my 19 1500 classic, from factory I can auto roll up front windows with one touch after the upgrade it won't do it any idea?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk