Edge Pulsar up indates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a lot of questions about the "update" with tech support before I returned my Pulsar, and they gave no no insight on what that changes would be or how it would be done. Kind of glad now it didnt work out for my truck.

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Where is the Product Serial # at on the pulsar? I can't remember if I registered mine when I bought it.

TxReaperman86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So there is nothing on the website about the update. Is there storage on these which is why they are having them sent in? So they could possibly get information off them to make changes before a legit release?

OP
OP
Georgiasport

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not sure. Since mine updated with the cable they sent me in 5 minutes I think they should just send any customer requesting them a cable. It should be included for the $500 they cost. Then it would help with any future updates as well. And keep the current Pulsar owners happy.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I posted this review after speaking w/ an Edge rep yesterday hoping it would generate a response. They didn't approve the review for public viewing but they did reply w/ a revised position.

Edit to add, the initial reply from Edge to my review was that it didn't meet their standards for publication & would not be posted on their product page.... apparently they had a change of heart as it is now visible along w/ their reply. Thrilled I will not have to send my unit in for the update. Thanks for listening Edge, well played!

f3b405cb46e1edc12f2cf6c7e4383876.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I posted this review after speaking w/ an Edge rep yesterday hoping it would generate a response. They didn't approve the review for public viewing but they did reply w/ a revised position. [emoji41]f3b405cb46e1edc12f2cf6c7e4383876.jpg

I can't wait

OP
OP
Georgiasport

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cool! Glad a little pressure made them smarten up! They should know better. Unhappy customers with a relativley new product is not good. Forums like this on social media can affect a products sales.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm not sure. Since mine updated with the cable they sent me in 5 minutes I think they should just send any customer requesting them a cable. It should be included for the $500 they cost. Then it would help with any future updates as well. And keep the current Pulsar owners happy.

I agree. They never even responded to my request for a cable so I'm interested to see how it goes. If they end up feeling the need to charge for a cable that can't cost more than a few bucks to make or keep being ***** about it I might ditch PowerTEQ for any further tuning needs just on principle. So far their attitude seems to be a bit a **** compared to other piggy backs I've used in the past that not only allowed for the flashing of a variety of canned maps, but most of them would send you out basic parts for free like required cables for updates and tweaking the maps yourself.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmmm.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it's a little annoying that we have to purchase a cable, but I'm overall cool with it. i agree, we should get one for paying 500 bucks, but as long as the cable is less than $30 i probably won't mind

Triumphx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have dealt with edge/powerteq multiple times and their customer service is top notch. For anyone that currently owns a pulsar i would send them an email if you see a problem with paying for the cable and maybe they will “make it right”. They paid over 4 digits to make my situation correct. On the other side you have already paid X amount of money for a new product and you received that product. All things said, I’ve been contemplating a pulsar or diablosport for some time but now I’m going to see how this shakes out.

Mike77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a thought......the allure of the Pulsar is that the dealership cannot detect if there has been one used/installed after its removed from the vehicle.

By doing an update through the ODB port and through the OEM computer to the Pulsar, won't that set off some red flags? I'm just speculating but does anyone know the answer to that? I'm thinking that sending in the unit for an update may be the safer bet.

Triumphx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any updates on this? Still contemplating the pulsar or diablosport.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a thought......the allure of the Pulsar is that the dealership cannot detect if there has been one used/installed after its removed from the vehicle.

By doing an update through the ODB port and through the OEM computer to the Pulsar, won't that set off some red flags? I'm just speculating but does anyone know the answer to that? I'm thinking that sending in the unit for an update may be the safer bet.

The updated software is not touching the computer its going straight to the Pulsar so the truck's computer is not getting flashed via this method. you are safe;)

OP
OP
Georgiasport

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There was only install and adjustment instructions in the file. No update install guide. Not sure how to post a .PDF here. File is big.

FCA2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
There was only install and adjustment instructions in the file. No update install guide. Not sure how to post a .PDF here. File is big.
oh okay thank you. i have the software downloaded and i have a usb to obd cable but it will not connect to the pulsar