First time ordering my custom truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello Everyone,
I have finally come to a point in my life where I can afford a new truck. I’ve looked all over the US and found the best deal at Dennis Dillon in Idaho. The travel part to get the truck is really cheap $175 flight. I have never ordered a truck so I’m not sure of the in’s and out’s of ordering one, are there things I need to watch out for? And is Dennis Dillon a really good dealership to work with. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. I’ll definitely post pics of the truck as soon as I get it.
Thanks

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get a price?
Rebates go by your home address not where you buy the truck, check to be sure they are the same.

Congrats on your new toy.

OP
OP
M

Matthew C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes I did get a price, Msrp from Dennis Dillon was 60,230 and DD’s price is 49,772. That’s better then my local dealer could do.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are going to keep it for a long time, I am assuming you are - if you are interested in an extended warranty - check prices online first.
It is a shame you are getting it now, Mopar did offer a lifetime unlimited miles $100 ded./visit extended warranty that basically extended your 3/36 warranty for life - they just ended it Nov 2018.

I got my lifetime from Tom Winkels @ Hayes Jeep for about less than $2500 in 16.

The electronics can get pricey and I tow every year so that is why I went with it.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
If you order the trailer tow group be aware you loose surround view cameras and power fold mirrors. Seems to be a common mistake people make on this forum when ordering.

HarleyRayHawkeye

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m in Iowa. MSRP was $61,000 on a Laramie Sport pack and paid $48,300. Just FYI. Hope that helps with your pricing

OP
OP
M

Matthew C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Soapy, yep that’s the same mistake I was about to make. I didn’t realize you lose the power fold mirrors. So I’ve changed to just the brake controller.