For those who ordered their truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Heelerpack

Heelerpack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Still waiting...
Yeah me too. I checked in with the rep who said he was looking into the ship status. Initially (on 2/15) he said he would get data, and the latest he would follow up with me would be March 1. I emailed him yesterday (2/22) to see what he had learned in a week.... and he replied with : As previously expressed, your order is progressing through the shipping network and is being prioritized for delivery. I hoped to have additional details to share with you by March 1st.

At the present time I have no updates to provide regarding your factory order however I am continuing to work with our logistics teams to ensure prioritized delivery of your order.

I will continue to monitor your order for additional delivery updates and I anticipate having further updates to share with you soon. I have set my next scheduled followup with you for March 8th at the absolute latest, but will reach out to you further as soon as there are additional updates to share on your order.

So I guess now he doesn't want to hear from me until March 8, another 2 weeks out. SMH. I just don't get how a truck is out of the factory and "approved for shipment" on Jan 31 and now almost a month later they can't give me ANY info... even something like "it is waiting for the spray-in bedliner" or "we consolidate our shipments and need another 30 vehicles going to California to be done before it will ship, ETA is....". I work in sales and if we told our customers "yeah, we know this is a large order and it was built a month ago, but we have no idea if or when it will ship" all hell would break loose. In the end, I just have to be patient, I will have it soon enough and will be driving it for years, just seems they could do a better job to keep their customers informed.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah me too. I checked in with the rep who said he was looking into the ship status. Initially (on 2/15) he said he would get data, and the latest he would follow up with me would be March 1. I emailed him yesterday (2/22) to see what he had learned in a week.... and he replied with : As previously expressed, your order is progressing through the shipping network and is being prioritized for delivery. I hoped to have additional details to share with you by March 1st.

At the present time I have no updates to provide regarding your factory order however I am continuing to work with our logistics teams to ensure prioritized delivery of your order.

I will continue to monitor your order for additional delivery updates and I anticipate having further updates to share with you soon. I have set my next scheduled followup with you for March 8th at the absolute latest, but will reach out to you further as soon as there are additional updates to share on your order.

So I guess now he doesn't want to hear from me until March 8, another 2 weeks out. SMH. I just don't get how a truck is out of the factory and "approved for shipment" on Jan 31 and now almost a month later they can't give me ANY info... even something like "it is waiting for the spray-in bedliner" or "we consolidate our shipments and need another 30 vehicles going to California to be done before it will ship, ETA is....". I work in sales and if we told our customers "yeah, we know this is a large order and it was built a month ago, but we have no idea if or when it will ship" all hell would break loose. In the end, I just have to be patient, I will have it soon enough and will be driving it for years, just seems they could do a better job to keep their customers informed.
Something doesn't sound right with this. Have you contacted @RamCares?

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I'm in the same boat waiting for a couple trucks. This does happen and the dealer is often unable to get answers either. My daughter works at the dealership and orders my vehicles. It is simply worse now due to parts shortages and logistical issues. Currently waiting on a Longhorn, a Limited and a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. The Limited was ordered in October and supposedly should ship about the end of the month. The SRT has been ordered for so long that I bought one that came in for stock and will flip it back on my order when it comes in. Just have to be patient.

OP
OP
Heelerpack

Heelerpack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I don't mind being patient, but I just want some info.

Last edited:

sjhdu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If any of you ordered a heavy-duty between late November and early December (possibly a wider window) and still haven't received your truck, it is likely that your truck is being held by Ram due to a quality control issue like mine is. Ram Customer Care won't tell you anything but your dealer should be able to ask Ram for more information on your truck: where it is and new ETA.
https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...ssibly-more-orders-due-to-quality-issue.4207/
I created this thread on another forum in an attempt to find out if I was the only one having the issue and it turned out I wasn't. The rub is Ram won't tell my dealer exactly what's wrong with the truck either. So far it seems like only trucks with the 6.4 are affected.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heelerpack

Heelerpack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I didn't order a heavy duty... sorry you're going through that, definitely sucks. I read your other thread and will be curious to see how you decide. As for me I went into the dealership and spoke to the sales manager I have been dealing with and he said "man your truck is getting turned around quick, looks like it will ship mid March "... disappointing if it is true that it takes 45 days or so to ship once it is out of the factory lol

sjhdu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I didn't order a heavy duty... sorry you're going through that, definitely sucks. I read your other thread and will be curious to see how you decide. As for me I went into the dealership and spoke to the sales manager I have been dealing with and he said "man your truck is getting turned around quick, looks like it will ship mid March "... disappointing if it is true that it takes 45 days or so to ship once it is out of the factory lol
My case manager from Ram Customer Care spoke to me in the same indifferent and robotic tone they wrote you, completely helpless. Trying to get them to explain for anything is utterly impossible.

OP
OP
Heelerpack

Heelerpack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Today I was told your order is progressing through the shipping network with an estimated delivery window presently reflected as 03/05/2021 - 03/19/2021 - so it appears the end is in sight.

Forrest Alley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001, 2020
Engine
5.9 Cummins and 6.4 Hime
We order our Laramie Longhorn 2500 4x4 on September 3rd 2020, the truck was ready to ship on November 11th, but it sat there in Mexico for over a month. Finally we got our truck on January 12th.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
2021 Power Wagon.
Dealer called yesterday and said it just arrived!
If they get my stuff done to it I plan on getting it Friday.
( unless I make them wait 4 months till I come and get it!...JK)

space4092

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7l hemi
That would be kinda funny to make them wait, but I am sure you're glad to finally get it!

2021 Power Wagon.
Dealer called yesterday and said it just arrived!
If they get my stuff done to it I plan on getting it Friday.
( unless I make them wait 4 months till I come and get it!...JK)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Congratulations Guys

It sometimes takes like what seems to be forever to get the factory orders.
Somehow we all forget it when you get that call to come & pick it up.

Some new owners are so happy that they don't check out the roof, sometimes when the truck is in transit on the semi truck, the drivers screw up when raising & lowering the ramps