Front wheel bearing grease? What do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

notyettoday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant Six
Hey all,

Its time for front rotors on my 85 2wd, I'm curious what kind of grease you all use. I've been a dentside ford guy for most of my life, so I used ford specific moly fortified bearing grease on them. I've got some red, brown, and the grey ford stuff on hand.

Just wanted to see what y'all prefer and have had the best luck with on these trucks.

Thanks!

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just use Lucas bearing grease. As long as its decent quality bearing grease, I think the real issue is making sure you pack the bearings with grease thoroughly / properly rather than brand of grease. seems like a simple task but under greasing happens more than you would think.

Octane

Reaction score
Gray ford stuff with moly. I used moly grease on a chevy truck and went 330k and only replaced two idler arms on it.And at 330k a man rearended my truck and totaled it out.Never wore out balljoints or tierod ends.

Last edited:

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
I like moly in my bearing grease too. Doesn't matter if GM, Ford, or Dodge.