Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I installed so very beautiful Taillights on my 2018 ram 1500. I had to use a harness that stole some signals off of the 7 pin trailer connector. I notice now that my timing from the front signals to the rear signals are slightly off. Is there anyway to fix this? Can I change the timing somehow?

ram2.jpg

OP
OP
SuperUnknownSG
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I have so of the sexiest headlights that money can buy. I have noticed one consistent problem since i have installed them. The side orange marker lights always seem to lightly flicker. The driver side seems to do it more often than the passenger. I bought Alpha OBD to change the marker lights/park lights to the LED option. Unfortunately, the truck already had the LED option set to YES. I have spent hours looking at the Alpha OBD forum. Whats the next step i should take? What is the power for the marker lights stolen off of?

I really love these headlights. I just want the flickering to go away. Thanks for your help in advance.

ram1.jpg

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m pretty sure that’s normal for everyone. Even my led fog pods flicker. You’ll notice even your headlights randomly flicker. Even your stock headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SuperUnknownSG
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m pretty sure that’s normal for everyone. Even my led fog pods flicker. You’ll notice even your headlights randomly flicker. Even your stock headlights.

Hmm. Ive never caught anything flickering. even the stock stuff. The driver side happens so much that people bring it up to me.

I like your truck by the way!! :)

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Weird... I have a 2012 sport. You contact the vendor? My driver side the parking lights would flicker then go out and turn back on and Flicker and then keep flickering TRS just replaced it.. havent had an issue with the replacement or passenger side..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmm. Ive never caught anything flickering. even the stock stuff. The driver side happens so much that people bring it up to me.

I like your truck by the way!! :)

Every ram I came in to contact with has done it. The headlights will dim for a fraction of a second at very random spaced out times. All rams I’ve seen do it are 15+ years. Mine my dads my buddies. Super hard to notice but if your paying attention you see it. Also my side markers on my morimotos have a very faint flicker. And you can’t even notice it unless you’re looking at them just right. My LED pods are much more noticeable.

OP
OP
SuperUnknownSG
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Every ram I came in to contact with has done it. The headlights will dim for a fraction of a second at very random spaced out times. All rams I’ve seen do it are 15+ years. Mine my dads my buddies. Super hard to notice but if your paying attention you see it. Also my side markers on my morimotos have a very faint flicker. And you can’t even notice it unless you’re looking at them just right. My LED pods are much more noticeable.

I will have to take a look out for that. Mine is so bad haha. Fricken Canbus Trucks haha.

OP
OP
SuperUnknownSG
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Weird... I have a 2012 sport. You contact the vendor? My driver side the parking lights would flicker then go out and turn back on and Flicker and then keep flickering TRS just replaced it.. havent had an issue with the replacement or passenger side..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just contacted morimoto. My vendor has been trying to help. But its been months and its still doing it. My vendor actually told me to get the Alpha OBD but the marker light is set at the same value and im at a stand still.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just contacted morimoto. My vendor has been trying to help. But its been months and its still doing it. My vendor actually told me to get the Alpha OBD but the marker light is set at the same value and im at a stand still.

Contact the retrofit source you’ll get it done way faster

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought them off of a Canadian retailer. I didn't buy them off of the retrofit source. I think that might be a problem?????

Nope I bought mine from the retroshop but did all of my warranty stuff through trs themselves. Just show them proof of purchase

OP
OP
SuperUnknownSG
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I learned that the timing is the way it is because of a relay. It makes sense. ITs honestly so slightly out. I was hoping an option in Alpha OBD would let me change it. These tails are honestly perfect!!

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Swore i read on here something about flickering and setting alpha obd to hid even though they are leds, or was it vice versa. Have no idea how to find it.