How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
^^^ You don't know the background, but you're better off not getting a response.

From post 5 ...
- Post 90: Comparison of compass hub vs ram hub & install videos

Also:
Here's how Sawz fixed the 2018 USB hub cutout issue on his earlier console.See here.

-------- 1/15/21 Update -------
Possible 2017 Chrysler 200 Dual USB Hub that fits better (minimal sanding) and is reported to work with the UAQ/UAS.
- needs another person to verify IMO
See Post 2767 here.

- P/N: 68283703AA 2017 Chrysler 200 - dual USB with AUX inputs.

M² Mods.

FizzikalJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Thanks I knew I had seen that post about the 200 media hub somewhere but read for an hour and never found it again, so I thought maybe I dream it up. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FizzikalJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I've been trying for the last 2 days to purchase the hub adapter harness from Kaodtech.com but their site says
We will be away on vacation until March 18th. Products will be placed back in stock on the 18th.

Which was yesterday and the site never updated. I've checked today thus far and still the same.

Anyone know when they will be back online, so that one can order the hub harness?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@FizzikalJ there are a few back up on the site... He's swamped right now with the regular job but getting to it.

M² Mods.

Last edited:

FizzikalJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Awesome! Thanks! I saw the site has been updated. Any idea when the UAQ hub harness will be available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theJester517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Does anyone know if the 2021 Ram Warlock has wireless Android Auto? If not what are the chances that they will make it wireless before they phase out the Classic altogether? I'm interesting in doing this 8.4 swap in my 2017 but don't want to do the screen and hub if there's a possibility that if I wait a year I can swap just the screen out of a newer model and have the wireless connectivity that is starting to become standard across the board

Thanks

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

theJester517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
It's not wireless.

M² Mods.
I was pretty sure that was the case, I test drove one but I didn't get a chance to connect my phone. The thing is they're continuing the Ram Classic into 2023, I'm wondering if there's any chance they make it wireless before discontinuing. If that was the case I'd hold off and spend the money on that

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have been using a Carlinkit wireless Carplay adapter with my UAQ. Make sure you get the Carlinkit 2.0 version of the adapter. There are a number of sellers on Amazon selling the older 1.0 version which uses a different / older firmware. The latest Carlinkit firmware has been very impressive. It connects in under 30 seconds first thing in the morning including the 5 second delay I had to set since the Carlinkit was booting faster than the head unit in the morning. I frequently get out of the truck and back in multiple times in matter of minutes. These reconnects while it is still "warm" only take a couple of seconds. The only quirk I have noticed is I have to start Waze from my phone or the GPS does not sync up. Make sure you unpair your phone from the car Bluetooth before setting up the Carlinkit. I added a wireless charging dock to the truck and I am in wireless nirvana.

https://amazon.com/Carlinkit-Wirele...inkit+2.0&qid=1616411845&s=electronics&sr=1-3

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have been using a Carlinkit wireless Carplay adapter with my UAQ. Make sure you get the Carlinkit 2.0 version of the adapter. There are a number of sellers on Amazon selling the older 1.0 version which uses a different / older firmware. The latest Carlinkit firmware has been very impressive. It connects in under 30 seconds first thing in the morning including the 5 second delay I had to set since the Carlinkit was booting faster than the head unit in the morning. I frequently get out of the truck and back in multiple times in matter of minutes. These reconnects while it is still "warm" only take a couple of seconds. The only quirk I have noticed is I have to start Waze from my phone or the GPS does not sync up. Make sure you unpair your phone from the car Bluetooth before setting up the Carlinkit. I added a wireless charging dock to the truck and I am in wireless nirvana.

https://amazon.com/Carlinkit-Wirele...inkit+2.0&qid=1616411845&s=electronics&sr=1-3
I didn't know Carlinkit made one that worked on our factory radios. I used one of their dongles on a Tesla style 10.4" and was very pleased with it. Worked well and received frequent (but not too frequent) updates.

Makes me wonder if the one I bought actually supports wireless too?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

autumnwalker

Reaction score
I can't edit my post for some reason but just wanted to say if you go to remove the factory anti-glare screen its easier (and probably safer for the screen) to just use a razor blade. The glass on the digitizer is pretty tough.

Do you have to remove the factory anti-glare screen or will putting a Brotect over it help with the scratches / blotches? For some reason I thought you just put the Brotect over what is there.

I have the Brotect ... but have not got around to pulling the bezel again to install.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do you have to remove the factory anti-glare screen or will putting a Brotect over it help with the scratches / blotches? For some reason I thought you just put the Brotect over what is there.

I have the Brotect ... but have not got around to pulling the bezel again to install.
I've done it both ways (over factory and factory removed) with great results. My UAS has it over the factory and my UAQ has it directly on the factory glass.

If your factory protector is gouged down to the adhesive, its best to remove that protector. I went from this...

0877f30f904175ad02d7cbd245152742.jpg

To this...

5513581b58b9ab912cc63b33461acd68.jpg

Buying a damaged/defect screen was the only way to get a reasonable price on a replacement screen now ($237 vs $500+).

theJester517

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8

Just to verify, you had already done the 2018+ uconnect swap in your truck and then used that carlinkit to have wireless Android auto/Apple carplay?

And I'm curious How did you do the wireless charging pad, got any pics?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Just to verify, you had already done the 2018+ uconnect swap in your truck and then used that carlinkit to have wireless Android auto/Apple carplay?

And I'm curious How did you do the wireless charging pad, got any pics?

Yes, I upgraded from an RA2 to the UAQ. The Carlinkit plugs into the USB in the jump seat to give wireless Carplay. I should note I use iPhones with Carlinkit so I can't comment on Android Auto. I will say that for me Android Auto was so buggy and inconsistent on a wired connection. About 18 months ago, I switched from Galaxy to iPhone because of the the issues. YMMV.

Here is the wireless charge cradle I use. The "hands" close when I set the phone in it and a light touch on one of the side button releases the phone. I was going for one handed operation. I have it attached to a Bayou Goat Mounts triple mount.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B08D5XJTJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://bayougoatmounts.com/

Last edited:

randerson0248

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed a uaq from a 2018 RAM into my 2019 Classic.

Everything works (I think) except I have blend/temperature issues. Waiting on harness to convert to ATC.

Just the difference in the back up camera image (over the ra2) makes it seem like a new truck.

To test the navigation, I set destination as home. Home seems to be a few thousand miles off. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to change the address for Home, but gave up. I'll try again later. So, for now the radio thinks home is in Michigan.

randerson0248

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I still don't know how to change the previous owners home address to my address, but I did find this to be interesting. Average mph is 104. I'm guessing to average 104, most of the time speed would need to be 120 to 130.a8d28f8b7266ee093a38e95fee16911f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
To test the navigation, I set destination as home. Home seems to be a few thousand miles off. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to change the address for Home, but gave up. I'll try again later. So, for now the radio thinks home is in Michigan.
Well your truck was built here in Michigan, so yeah that's home...lol
I believe you have to delete the current "Home" address before you can set a new one.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I still don't know how to change the previous owners home address to my address, but I did find this to be interesting. Average mph is 104. I'm guessing to average 104, most of the time speed would need to be 120 to 130.a8d28f8b7266ee093a38e95fee16911f.jpg

I saved this from another member a long time ago. I couldn't have found it without his help I guess lol! a3af7b9e2b0adb50c6c791ad717b70c8.jpg

'16 CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

What software version is your UAQ? My icons along the bottom of my UAQ running V22.6 don't have the circles around them unless the radio is reset and has the Uconnect background[emoji848] Just an OCD question because I personally prefer them.

'16 CCSB 4X4 G56 2500 6.7 SLT, CTT tuning, UAQ, Customtronix Enzo, Single Zone ATC