How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally did the conversion today. I had been using my UAS with the infotainment bezel.
Install was in a 2014 Bighorn 1500 (Canadian) using HVAC Module 68268186AA. I have full heat and movement of the blend doors.
I did however use a dual zone bezel simply because I had been on the search for a single zone with no luck and gave up. At initial boot-up, it was trying to offer me both zones but wouldn't allow me to increase the temperature (would auto drop to max cold). I shut it off and the screen stayed lit but blank for about 10 mins, even after I left the truck. Once it shut off completely, I started it back up and the controls were now single zone and temp operated as intended. [emoji106]
I do now have a CEL, but haven't looked into it. May have been from pulling the negative battery cable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Finally did the conversion today. I had been using my UAS with the infotainment bezel.
Install was in a 2014 Bighorn 1500 (Canadian) using HVAC Module 68268186AA. I have full heat and movement of the blend doors.
I did however use a dual zone bezel simply because I had been on the search for a single zone with no luck and gave up. At initial boot-up, it was trying to offer me both zones but wouldn't allow me to increase the temperature (would auto drop to max cold). I shut it off and the screen stayed lit but blank for about 10 mins, even after I left the truck. Once it shut off completely, I started it back up and the controls were now single zone and temp operated as intended. [emoji106]
I do now have a CEL, but haven't looked into it. May have been from pulling the negative battery cable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had a CEL after the swap but cleared it with a scanner. Others that have had the CEL after the swap stated that it goes away after some key cycles.

I think the only way to get a single zone ATC bezel is to purchase one modified from M2Mods as FCA really might not make one.

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
I had a CEL after the swap but cleared it with a scanner. Others that have had the CEL after the swap stated that it goes away after some key cycles.

I think the only way to get a single zone ATC bezel is to purchase one modified from M2Mods as FCA really might not make one.

Infotainment sells a single zone bezel.

medium800.jpg

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Infotainment sells a single zone bezel.

medium800.jpg

If it's the one in the picture, that is a basic stock single zone Mopar #1UJ96DX9AF and it's a Manual Control, I have one of those. The single zone custom made is from M2Mods is an ATC with the word AUTO on the fan controller (set it and forget it, lol) if I remember correctly. Anybody?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

interesting that your 2014 ram 1500 temperature slider controls and blend doors work correctly on your 18 UAS radio using the 13-17 68268186AA module.

If only there was some consistency in which module to use with these radios. Every time it seems things are figured it there's a new curve ball thrown.

Edit: reshared/posted in...
HVAC problem with UAS upgrade in '18 truck.

M² Mods.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
interesting that your 2014 ram 1500 temperature slider controls and blend doors work correctly on your 18 UAS radio using the 13-17 68268186AA module.

If only there was some consistency in which module to use with these radios. Every time it seems things are figured it there's a new curve ball thrown.

M² Mods.
With enough curve balls thrown, you can learn how to hit them! I think you have several threads on here with you knocking curve balls around, scoring runs...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
With enough curve balls thrown, you can learn how to hit them! I think you have several threads on here with you knocking curve balls around, scoring runs...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Here's what it looks like right now trying to nail down this UAx to HVAC module issue...

Oxk-UV.gif

M² Mods.

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
If it's the one in the picture, that is a basic stock single zone Mopar #1UJ96DX9AF and it's a Manual Control, I have one of those. The single zone custom made is from M2Mods is an ATC with the word AUTO on the fan controller (set it and forget it, lol) if I remember correctly. Anybody?
True, no auto button on the bezel, but there is an auto button on the climate control of the radio that does the same thing. The part number is 1UJ96DX9AK though.

medium800.jpg

Last edited:

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
True, no auto button on the bezel, but there is an auto button on the climate control of the radio that does the same thing. The part number is 1UJ96DX9AK though.

medium800.jpg

Same part # different suffix, last 2 letters change all the time depending on a superseded #

bezel.jpg

And this would be the super nice custom M2Mods Mpgrimm2 single zone ATC bezel that FCA doesn't make.

ATC bezel.jpg

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

medium800.jpg
Just to clear up confusion. With a working Single Zone ATC mod (Auto Temp Control) you've got 2 official bezel options...

1) Single Zone MTC (left) with the menu based "Auto" feature - PN: 1uj96xxxx

(2) Dual Zone ATC (right) with both menu and hardware "Auto" button (but unusable pass. side temp buttons) - PN: 1uj97xxxx

d62fb74a0a17ddcf4a15fc4ae54419cc.jpg

and the unofficial 3rd bezel option of modifying/combining dual zone control board with single zone bezel = Single Zone ATC - PN: by M² Mods
(about 6-8 of these out in the wild now)

e8b7326354a69e9c7dad9570e6dafbc4.jpg

Last edited:

MTLKEBEK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have an extra USB hub? 68328704AC Or 5XG28DX9AC.

Thanks!

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Does anyone have an extra USB hub? 68328704AC Or 5XG28DX9AC.

Thanks!

Absolutely, Benny @AllMoparParts.com and the best prices too!

Edit: Sorry all of what I wrote wasn't there when I hit post.

AllMoparParts is a vendor here on the Forum. Just go to the vendor area and you will easily find them. Just post up what you are looking for and Benny will respond. They have the absolute best prices on new OEM Mopar parts I've found along with wonderful service and a factory warranty.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I got a bounce back, is that his email?
Not his email, AllMoparParts.com is Benny's username here on the forum. Look for it the vender section and post your request up there.
If you put @ in front of anyone's username on this forum, it is "mentioning" them and they will get a notification.

Last edited:

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So after doing a casual skim of this thread I have no seen mention of something that would seem relevant- In doing an update from a 3 or 5 inch to an 8.4 with nav, no one seems to have mentioned replacing the antenna on the roof with the shark fin. I am guessing, but I assumed that the shark fin was not just the 4g antenna but also the GPS antenna for the nav equipped radios.

I dont need, but my roommate with a 17 Tradesman 2500 wants to do the swap and he's been drooling over the cheap-ass "tesla-like" radios on ebay. I have been doing my damnedest to convince him how poor of a choice that is because he is simply looking at it from the out-of-pocket cost perspective up front, and not at the possibility that cheap ass chinese head unit will take a **** on him in 6 months. I want to help him do the right thing lol, and trying to price everything. And thus far it doesn't seem as though anyone has mentioned having to add or swap out for a shark fin.