How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Got a picture of what the 19 hub's main connector looks like?

Edit: nevermind. Find the connector Pinout... It's the same.

Q: do all 4 ports work on that hub?
Q: Is there a secondary USB connector on the heck is the hub?
Q: what's the PN of the hub you got?

M² Mods.
b5e022a3cb7cbfd03cef55dbfe842759.jpg

Last edited:

rocket61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update on the 2019 USB Media Hub.

It appears to work fine. I still don't have my conversation harness yet so I wasn't able to plug it in and make it look nice. However I was able to rig up a temporary harness and test it. CarPlay works on the left USB ports (both A and C).

Nice!

Rudey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Got a picture of what the 19 hub's main connector looks like?

Edit: nevermind. Find the connector Pinout... It's the same.

Q: do all 4 ports work on that hub?
Q: Is there a secondary USB connector on the heck is the hub?
Q: what's the PN of the hub you got?

M² Mods.
b5e022a3cb7cbfd03cef55dbfe842759.jpg

Man that schematic would of been great 4 hours ago.... Where does one find such magic?

- All 4 USB ports provide power but only the 2 left ones connect to CarPlay, maybe is controlled by the BCM?

- See pictures, there is a secondary connector on the back, I assume its the same as the 2018 Hub.

- PN - P68397098AD

IMG_4582.JPG IMG_7036.JPG IMG_7796.JPG IMG_9332.JPG

8Banger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I should have my Enigma Jailbreak Retroactive from Custimtronix today for my 14. I'm curious to see what it does with my UAQ. I had the Infotainment unit to make the heated seats and wheel show up but that's all it does. I was missing the mirror dim soft key plus still had corruption issues with displaying radio stations and navigation prompts between the radio and the speedometer. I am hoping it fixes all this as advertised. I will probably stick with my RA4 either way because I just prefer it over the UAQ but I wanted to try it again with the Enigma. According to there website it's also supposed to make the radio read the BCM almost instantly which will be interesting to see since it normally takes the UAQ/UAS radio a while to read the BCM in all trucks not just the ones that have been updated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I purchased the Enigma from Customtronix as I was having problems with the Infotainment harness (black screen on startup). It does resolve the navigation not displaying, but it doesn't fix the radio station names. I had asked them if it was able to resolve, but due to lack of SiriusXM in their country it would be tough to fix. The resetting of the radio by holding the back button is also a nice feature.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased the Enigma from Customtronix as I was having problems with the Infotainment harness (black screen on startup). It does resolve the navigation not displaying, but it doesn't fix the radio station names. I had asked them if it was able to resolve, but due to lack of SiriusXM in their country it would be tough to fix. The resetting of the radio by holding the back button is also a nice feature.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
I'm disappointed to hear that. Their description says it corrects communication issues between the radio and the speedo. I wish they would have mentioned that it didn't correct the radio stations not displaying correctly. I have a 16 cluster that I am probably going to install which should correct the radio station if the Enigma doesn't work but I would rather not.

rocket61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm disappointed to hear that. Their description says it corrects communication issues between the radio and the speedo. I wish they would have mentioned that it didn't correct the radio stations not displaying correctly. I have a 16 cluster that I am probably going to install which should correct the radio station if the Enigma doesn't work but I would rather not.

That radio station mismatch on the cluster is the only issue I've had after swapping... not bugging me too much, but would be nice to fix. Maybe swapping my 14' cluster for an '18 would fix it? Cost may outweigh benefit, but just thinking out loud.

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Yeah, let me know if it works over 10 mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well I just finished installing the 2018 backup camera.
First, it clears up the darkness I had after changing to a UAQ Radio. It is very close to the brightness of when I had the RA4 radio and the 2017 backup camera.
I would recommend this to anyone who has done a UAX upgrade and wants a brighter backup picture.
The camera operates the same as the 2017. The backup picture will stay on if you do not drive 10 MPH. If you drive 10 MPH, it stays on for a short time. It operates the same for the cargo camera.
The cameras look the same on the outside, except for the serial numbers, so it was super easy to install.
Now that I have the 2018 backup camera installed, I will sell the 2017 backup camera.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That radio station mismatch on the cluster is the only issue I've had after swapping... not bugging me too much, but would be nice to fix. Maybe swapping my 14' cluster for an '18 would fix it? Cost may outweigh benefit, but just thinking out loud.
Yeah I have a 13 cluster in the truck now but I also have a 16 cluster I can use. I might switch them over when the mileage matches up in a few weeks.

scott_intx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just completed the UAS upgrade from a 2019 Classic in my 2016 1500 Bighorn. My truck has the factory 8.4 RA4, Alpine, and single zone manual HVAC. I bought the update Ram media hub and used the conversion harness from M2 Mods. Things went very smoothly and I was able to make an adapter plate for the media hub. I was also able to activate the 4G wifi hotspot and it seems to be working well. Several months ago I deleted the AM/FM antenna (made a thread about this) months ago and completely lost all reception. With the new radio I not only have amazing reception, but also am getting HD too. Looks like I will have to do the manual to auto conversion on the HVAC. I get full range on the blend door, however this is done by continuing to press the physical up/down buttons beyond what the limit of the slider on the screen is showing you. EQ settings are great and sounds amazing. With the updated Ram media hub, both USB ports work for CarPlay. The lighted rings around both USB plugs and the Aux don't seem to work. Anyone else had this issue?

UAS P/N 68331635AJ
Software version NN-IR-22.5.0

59060509663__DD52A356-F453-4D6E-AE70-8CF8405F6A4C.JPG

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Has anybody tried to install
A uam out of a jeep compass
Connector on the back looks the same Mounting points are identical

Rudey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Well I just finished installing the 2018 backup camera.
First, it clears up the darkness I had after changing to a UAQ Radio. It is very close to the brightness of when I had the RA4 radio and the 2017 backup camera.
I would recommend this to anyone who has done a UAX upgrade and wants a brighter backup picture.
The camera operates the same as the 2017. The backup picture will stay on if you do not drive 10 MPH. If you drive 10 MPH, it stays on for a short time. It operates the same for the cargo camera.
The cameras look the same on the outside, except for the serial numbers, so it was super easy to install.
Now that I have the 2018 backup camera installed, I will sell the 2017 backup camera.

Do you have the part number for the camera? I have a similar problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Do you have the part number for the camera? I have a similar problem.

I spent last evening checking things out. The part number is: 68274731AE. However, my 2017 had the same part number, but the manufacturer date was 5/17. The one I installed had a manufacture date of 5/18, so make sure you get a 2018 or newer manufacture date of that part number camera...

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I spent last evening checking things out. The part number is: 68274731AE. However my 2017 had the same part number, but the manufacturer date was 5/17. The one I installed had a manufacture date of 5/18, so make sure you get a 2018 or newer manufacture date of that part number camera...
So, it would seem like it’d be luck of the draw based on where you order the camera from and how long they had stock sitting around? I can’t see a change in quality otherwise they’d probably change the last revision letter in the part number?Could there have actually been something wrong with your camera?

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
It worked perfectly with the RA4 radio, so I would ask for a manufacture date before buying.

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
[QUOTE = "scott_intx, post: 2127006, member: 71172"] Acabo de completar la actualización de UAS de un Classic 2019 en mi 1500 Bighorn 2016. Mi camioneta tiene la fábrica 8.4 RA4, Alpine y HVAC manual de una sola zona. Compré la actualización de Ram Media Hub y utilicé el arnés de conversión de M2 Mods. Las cosas salieron muy bien y pude hacer una placa adaptadora para el centro de medios. También pude activar el punto de acceso wifi 4G y parece estar funcionando bien. Hace varios meses eliminé la antena AM / FM (hice un hilo sobre esto) hace meses y perdí por completo toda recepción. Con la nueva radio no solo tengo una recepción increíble, sino que también estoy recibiendo HD. Parece que tendré que hacer el manual para la conversión automática en el HVAC. Tengo rango completo en la puerta de mezcla, sin embargo, esto se hace presionando los botones físicos arriba / abajo más allá de lo que le muestra el límite del control deslizante en la pantalla. La configuración del ecualizador es excelente y suena increíble. Con el centro multimedia Ram actualizado, ambos puertos USB funcionan para CarPlay. Los anillos iluminados alrededor de los dos enchufes USB y el Aux no parecen funcionar. ¿Alguien mas ha tenido este problema?

UAS P / N 68331635AJ
Versión de software NN-IR-22.5.0

[ATTACH = full] 182063 [/ ATTACH]

[ATTACH = full] 182064 [/ ATTACH]

[ATTACH = full] 182065 [/ ATTACH]

[ATTACH = full] 182066 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
I have the same problem the rings don't light up like in my old hub 2017

scott_intx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been working on it since last night, but I was able to get SiriusXM Guardian activated. It took some finagling and a little bit of paperwork. Because the radio was in a 2019 it carried over and shows up as a that even though it’s installed in a 2016. It is incredibly flaky at best. Assist works occasionally. I get error running IVA application on the radio about half the time. The iOS app works to some extent. Location works 100% of the time. Remote gets incorrect PIN intermittently. Vehicle Info does not work.

00384d995f301b2947d503034a2f6b4e.jpg3c7cc61705b28d8dec5d9c7042e9889f.jpg09338a9c9101b3bc5138b519c22d4ecf.jpga1a6ba3f8e94091cf7eb503e3641906e.jpg

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
.... With the updated Ram media hub, both USB ports work for CarPlay. The lighted rings around both USB plugs and the Aux don't seem to work. Anyone else had this issue?
The adapter isn't pinned up for the panel lamps driver (pin 2) signal since there isn't anywhere in the jump seat/console to get it from on the 13-17 trucks. Would have fish it all the way forward into the dash and manually splice it into a connector there (ie trailer brake switch pin 8 would likely work).

M² Mods.

Last edited: