If you had $1000 to spend on your truck, what would you get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldeneyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn/Longhorn Crew Cab
Engine
HEMI
No not at all. Of the $1200.00 of gas that I purchase, what doesn't fit in the tank I'm going to store in empty toosie roll wrappers in the bed. Now how about that !

Last edited:

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually, I take the exact opposite position. I plan to do a 4" lift. A number of these lifts re-use factory struts which means the factory ride is, at best, what you will get after lifting. Replacement of strut with a quality coilover like Fox would change the ride quality for the better (IMO). In other words, the Foxes would get re-used in a 4 inch lift install. It is basically what you see people doing with Bilsteins now on the Superlift/Mopar or the BDS/Zone. But you get better valving.
So if i put the 2.0 on now just to get the 2" lift and put on 35's that would work until next year when i had the money to do the full $' lift and they would just re-use the Fox struts that i already have?

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I'd buy rear control arms, both upper and lowers.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Id convert my truck to an autozone special. Every stick on panel vent, fake hood scoop and betty boop stickers i can get my hands on

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So if i put the 2.0 on now just to get the 2" lift and put on 35's that would work until next year when i had the money to do the full $' lift and they would just re-use the Fox struts that i already have?

Exactly. And you wind up with replacement coilovers instead of spacers with stock struts up front when you final lift is done. The Foxes are even rebuildable long term.

Hoff

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm finally getting my tax refund back, and looks like the government took a little more than they should've. :) I've got my eye on either a pedal commander, a leveling kit, new hellwig rear swaybar, S&B CAI, or probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. I'm probably only going to get one or two of these items for now, so I'll let y'all make up my mind for me!

Great idea for a post!

Here's another 12 pages for you to scroll through!

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/if-you-had-1k.157458/

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Exactly. And you wind up with replacement coilovers instead of spacers with stock struts up front when you final lift is done. The Foxes are even rebuildable long term.
Perfect and thanks a lot!!! That's the most strait forward answer I've gotten on the topic of any kind of level or lift. I want have the most efficient way and have quality parts going on and I know Bills are everyone's fav but I hear good and bad from them and for the most part I'm thinking people like em cuz they are the cheapest way to lift the truck. Not that there is anything wrong with that I'm just looking for quality in what I'm putting on as well.

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Perfect and thanks a lot!!! That's the most strait forward answer I've gotten on the topic of any kind of level or lift. I want have the most efficient way and have quality parts going on and I know Bills are everyone's fav but I hear good and bad from them and for the most part I'm thinking people like em cuz they are the cheapest way to lift the truck. Not that there is anything wrong with that I'm just looking for quality in what I'm putting on as well.

I have had two sets of Bils myself on my prior F150 and they were excellent value. Worked well and got my 35s on for very little money. This time around I want something that changes the ride a bit more. Hope it works for you! Please post pics!

BombSq030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I would be doing gears. I have the 8 speed with 3.21s. So new 3.92 front diff and matching gears for the rear.

Rudy Garcia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i spent about $800 on weathertech floor liners & carhartt seat covers & dash mat for new new 2019 ram 1500 tradesman quad cab

57A4355A-CA2E-46BF-8E89-45257AA8030F.jpeg

JWARam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd get an Undercover bed hard cover... they are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your truck would say, unless I am fully paid off, put it in the bank and use it for my next few payments or pay off some other debts.... your status is not measured by your vehicle. Keep it clean and nice and people think, wow what a great looking vehicle. Keep adding stuff on like oversized wheels, tires and lift kits, performance enhancers that just make the mileage go down, noisey mufflers ect..... And people see a parking lot princess that someone who lives in a trailer, wasted a ton of money on (no offense meant but it’s true). Remember insurance only pays for the value of the vehicle. It does not over the thousands of dollars of add ons. Sorry but I am “that guy”....

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
Limited slip, 3.73 gears and 2 KO2s.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
New leather seats front and rear, along with the lower center jump seat cover. Of course I would have to add close to another $1,000.00 to cover the total cost.

2014a.JPG IMG_0797.JPG