Jet 180 T-Stat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought one of these little bad boys from Matt at Moes. Awesome guy btw. Before I bother him for the millionth time, I figure I would post up.

Im running at a consistent 190-193. Is this normal? With the time, money, and effort, I was hoping for more than ten degrees worth of change. :shrug:

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Mine usually runs about 185-188 now that it's gotten hotter outside. Sometimes 190. When I am running on the toll road around Austin at 85 ish it runs around 192. Can get up to 192-194 idling on location in the heat of the day. When I first put it in the truck I was running at 182 degres all the time, but it's quite a bit warmer outside now. I rinse my radiator out regularly though because of the dusty conditions I operate in daily. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I put mine in when it was cold outside. I really havent got to drive in any real heat yet. I hope it doesnt rise much more. Would end up being pointless. :whymewhyme:

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I think it will not get any hotter than it's already running for you now, so you should be fine. And 10 degrees cooler is actually not bad IMO because 203 degrees is really hot, so I'll definitely take 10 degrees. LOL. Mine got back up to 210 idling one day on location facing away from the wind and it was real hot outside. It never went higher though. And that was with the 180 in it. I probably need to get an E-fan installed. I wonder if the turn on temp of the e-fan can be adjusted with the Bully Dog? Anyone know? Don't mean to hijack your thread but it's kinda part of this subject, huh?

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, would be good info to have. I am considering the E fan mod. I havent studied up on them yet. Still remember the old e fan I had in a 52 F1 I built. Engine was always overheating. Makes me nervous, but Im sure they are all good now or I would have heard something. I should look into it..

In other words.. Hijack away. Haha.:ehcapt:

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine has been running around 185 for the most part. I do all in town driving, too. But it just started warming up here, so I'll watch it some more and see what it does. I've heard people say to get the full benefit of a 180 tstat you do need an efan installed.