Lug nuts and MaxCare warranty Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That fabulous **** Care that you extended warranty fanboys are always touting, ought to send a complete set Next Day Air.

You paid for it!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
I didn’t buy my maxCare just for lugnuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to say no... They have one of the worst written contracts known to man. "Any modification to the truck that wasn't added in the factory".

It literally says, if you add a bed cover they can deny service to you. So yeah, good luck with that.

Not to change the subject but where does it say that?? I’ve got MaxCare. Mine don’t say that.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm going to say no... They have one of the worst written contracts known to man. "Any modification to the truck that wasn't added in the factory".

It literally says, if you add a bed cover they can deny service to you. So yeah, good luck with that.
I

Says the man who crossed a river, sink in the mud and was upset it wasn't covered under warranty.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Recently put new tires on my 2013 RAM, as a side note, the factory Goodyears made 72,600 miles. The tire shop told me I needed new lug nuts because of lug nut swelling, a condition where lug nut rust pushes out on the chrome lug nut caps. I checked and a 22mm socket would only go on the lugs about halfway down.

To my surprise, the cost for a lug nut was $12.95 each through the dealer. I did find non-capped chrome lug nuts through Amazon for $55 plus $10 for a non-marring impact socket, for all four wheels.

Now the question, I have a lifetime Mopar MaxCare zero deductable warranty on my RAM. I read through the warranty information but there is no verbiage regarding the lug nuts. I guess it will come down to whether a lug nut is a wear item or not.

Anyone been through this with the lug nuts and Maxcare warranty?

Get your answer easily by calling FCA Maxicare @ 800 521-9922. They have been very helpful to me. Why hassle with the bull from the Dealer.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
none
Anyone know what LOCKING nuts I should get for my 2019 Limited (new model) with 20 inch wheels ?

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I

Says the man who crossed a river, sink in the mud and was upset it wasn't covered under warranty.

I actually got stuck in a pond, tyvm. Also, I wasn't upset it wasn't covered under warranty, I was upset it wasn't covered under insurance. They were sued, I won, got a new engine. So complaining in my shoes worked!

Moreover, the contract I had didnt' specifically outline regarding anything what I was doing, the extended service plan literally says if you modify your truck in any way, including a bed liner, they will deny service. apples to oranges.

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Moreover, the contract I had didnt' specifically outline regarding anything what I was doing, the extended service plan literally says if you modify your truck in any way, including a bed liner, they will deny service. apples to oranges.

Now this was in fact Mopar MaxCare? Maybe things have changed since then but I don’t recall my contract saying that. But even if it did, they can’t just outright deny you service over a damn bed liner, tonneau cover, cup holder, floor mat or whatever else, at least not without a fight.

They may have some additional legal loopholes to hide behind that the original factory warranty can’t hide behind but I don’t think anything gives them the right to deny service without proving that said part/modification was the cause of whatever service need.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know what LOCKING nuts I should get for my 2019 Limited (new model) with 20 inch wheels ?

What are you wanting? Just something that looks stock, but better? There’s a pretty high recommendation for McGard on here.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now this was in fact Mopar MaxCare? Maybe things have changed since then but I don’t recall my contract saying that. But even if it did, they can’t just outright deny you service over a damn bed liner, tonneau cover, cup holder, floor mat or whatever else, at least not without a fight.

They may have some additional legal loopholes to hide behind that the original factory warranty can’t hide behind but I don’t think anything gives them the right to deny service without proving that said part/modification was the cause of whatever service need.

Yes they can, maxcare isn't a warranty, its' a contract, and they do in fact say exactly that. They do not have to honor your contract if you make any modifications to your truck.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Screenshot_20191114-170510_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191114-165942_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191114-170222_Gallery.jpg

Here, i've attached a picture of the contract for ya.

Screenshot_20191114-165942_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191114-170222_Gallery.jpg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I just got done looking at my contract again but I think you’re breathing way too much I to it. Replacing or adding a part is not modifying the vehicle. Hell, they even say a lift is ok as long as it’s not more that 2 inches so again, tell me how adding a bedliner or a tonneau cover is modifying a vehicle?

Besides, look at that part where it clearly states DUE TO and IN DIRECT RESULT OF.

Once again, this may be a contract but they can’t just outright deny your whole coverage just because you added something. 2c5b4c396c68eaffb47c6aaefb979d9d.jpg

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do those things cover a cracked windshield?

I still think for what you paid for that warranty, they could afford to give you lug nuts.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They don't cover a cracked windshield - it didn't fail, it was damaged. Would you expect them to cover a dented door?????

My comprehensive auto insurance covers windshields though - as that insurance is for damage. But it won't cover a blown engine - hmm funny how that works.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do those things cover a cracked windshield?
If the cracked windshield was due to improper installation, or if it was a stress crack that wasn’t your typical road hazard then there would be exceptions to a windshield being replaced by warranty.

I still think for what you paid for that warranty, they could afford to give you lug nuts.

I feel they should too for using cheap parts. Of course, over time you’re gonna get corrosion and rust between that metal of the lug nut and the chrome metal sleeve over the outside of it.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah Paco, I get what you're saying. I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. But for what some of those warranties cost, they could afford to make a few exceptions.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah Paco, I get what you're saying. I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. But for what some of those warranties cost, they could afford to make a few exceptions.

We do pay a lot for those extended warranties, but if they offered to make those exceptions, that would be less money they make. If they made a lot of those exceptions, they’d go broke. Making money is what it’s all about.