Oil filter relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superbird69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What size is the oil filter threads, 3/4 or metric . I installed remote filters using a cheap adapter. I had to use 2 90° elbows in it which was a project. I had to install the first one then cut off the threads on the other one, install the threads (now a nipple) and heliarc the 90°back to the threads. This was done after indexing the adapter plate first so the 90° would face forward. Now the gasket on the adapter plate to the block is leaking. It needs to be tightened so everything has to come apart and start from scratch, wtf. Any ideas...

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What size is the oil filter threads, 3/4 or metric . I installed remote filters using a cheap adapter. I had to use 2 90° elbows in it which was a project. I had to install the first one then cut off the threads on the other one, install the threads (now a nipple) and heliarc the 90°back to the threads. This was done after indexing the adapter plate first so the 90° would face forward. Now the gasket on the adapter plate to the block is leaking. It needs to be tightened so everything has to come apart and start from scratch, wtf. Any ideas...

Use a nipple and a 90 or 45.Install 90/45 first then nipple.I used the Trans Dapt relocation kit and have had no issues in 3 years.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Read through Kurtis's excellent oil filter relocation How-to if you haven't.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/remote-oil-filter-how-to.67947/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963