P0344 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blake22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Good evening everyone,

So the other day we were driving on the highway and I slowed down and all of a sudden I had a check engine light and my indicator for wheel slip came on solid. I pulled I tried to speed up and there was no throttle response. I was able to pull over and then I had a code that came up on the dash indicating low voltage P0562. Then the check engine light went out. I was told by the dealership when I had an oil change in the winter that the battery tested weak. So I bought a new battery thinking I'll change it when I get home. On my way home it happened again so I pulled over and changed the battery. Everything was fine for 2 hours then when I slowed down again the same thing check engine light and the slip light both illuminated. I tried checking for codes but nothing came up. When I got home I put my code reader on it and there was a new code P0344. So I got a hold of a new camshaft position sensor and a crank shaft position sensor and replaced both. Truck fired up and idled great went for a ride and now the code and slip light has come back on... When the slip light comes on I have no throttle for a couple of seconds and the truck won't shift into 5th gear... Once I pull over and shut the truck off and t back on the slip light goes out but check engine stays on and the truck doesn't sound too healthy.... Any thoughts? It's a 2011 ram 1500 big Horn with the 5.7 and 163000 km or 101000 miles... Thanks for everyone's help in advance!