Rambox value killer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o2cmefly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I was poking around my local dealer today, getting sticker info, etc. A sales guy came up to, so I ran a couple of questions by him. After telling him I want to look at a Limited (they had none in stock yet, but 1 coming in 2 weeks), I asked him if any had the rambox. He said “no, those kill resale value. No one wants them. Great feature, I like it. But we don’t sell many because they kill value.” I really want this feature, and am considering a factory order to get it. Is it really going to kill my value that bad?

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
The lack of integrity with the vehicle sales ***** today is stunning. The Rambox option has realy caught in our market area. Not only do contractors like the option, but campers and tow customers appreciate it. So popular, that this option adds from 1-2 weeks to the build time. I suspect that on resale, that option will at least return its cost.

MattF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
So I was poking around my local dealer today, getting sticker info, etc. A sales guy came up to, so I ran a couple of questions by him. After telling him I want to look at a Limited (they had none in stock yet, but 1 coming in 2 weeks), I asked him if any had the rambox. He said “no, those kill resale value. No one wants them. Great feature, I like it. But we don’t sell many because they kill value.” I really want this feature, and am considering a factory order to get it. Is it really going to kill my value that bad?

This makes no sense to me other than the sales guy disparaging the things he doesn't have readily available to sell. I could imagine that if his lot was full of rambox trucks he'd disparage non-rambox trucks.... worth running away from a dealership that has people with such lack of values - can imagine it permeates through the entire dealership

Matt

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
This BS sales rep post got to me. Just talked to my dealer. The GM said this. Many dealers, including them, did not anticipate that the Rambox option would be so popular. So they did not order for "dealer inventory" very many. So they are having to place factory orders for customers that are demanding that option. Not good for inventory management. That, as stated by others, makes sense. And who knows, some of the low life sales managers may be the ones telling their sales people how to "sell off" that option and push customers to their inventory. Enough, I'm sure the member gets it.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
There could very well be some markets that the rambox doesn't sell well. The managers are going to look at how fast trucks with the rambox turned inventory with the previous generation. If a particular store sat on trucks with ramboxes for 60 days or more previously, they aren't going to be aggressively ordering rambox trucks initially. They'd much rather lose one sale than to sit on a dozen trucks that sit around and get lot rot.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
There could very well be some markets that the rambox doesn't sell well. The managers are going to look at how fast trucks with the rambox turned inventory with the previous generation. If a particular store sat on trucks with ramboxes for 60 days or more previously, they aren't going to be aggressively ordering rambox trucks initially. They'd much rather lose one sale than to sit on a dozen trucks that sit around and get lot rot.
Yep. Makes sense.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep BS like others have mentioned

Sure wish I had gotten a Ram w/ the rambox option lol owell maybe next one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

War Machine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We might sell 1 ram box truck per year and they’re only factory orders.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I’m on my 3rd Ram with the Rambox. First thing I do when I’m looking for a new truck is that option. If it doesn’t have, I move on.
Many people, surprisingly ask me what it is and if I like it.
Like many have said, salesman wants to sell. That person REALLY doesn’t care what you want, he just needs a customer to drive it off the lot!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In your case, I don't think the 2019's have came out with the Rambox yet but wont be long

Sargehah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He is full of it in my opinion.
To each his own but I will not buy another truck without it, I absolutely love the Rambox. That is the only reason I am not looking at the 19' s yet, because I know it isn't available on them as of now.

Bluegill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only ones who brush off the RamBox are those that have never had one.
Dealers are price point sensitive. $1,200 seems like a lot but in reality not really.
Go ahead and price out 2sidevrail boxes, a bed rail feature w adjustable tie downs, w bed divider and a bed extender. Add all that up and I’m guessing a RamBox is a great value.
I have the RamBox and I’ll never go back to a truck without them.
Screw the salesman BS.
Order what you need and want.

crawdad62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. I hardly ever see any around here (central Indiana). At least compared to the standard bed. I loved the idea and would have wanted that option but I can't believe how much bed space it takes up. Not to mention it's a rather $$$ option. If I was a contractor that had a set of tools/equipment I carried regularly I might go for it. Otherwise I just put it in the the cab. But back to the OP he's probably full of it and wants to sell what he's got. Or doesn't want to look for one. My dealer will pretty much get me what I want and usually finds one somewhere.