Rancho quicklift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane Kaiminaauao

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Aloha I have a rancho quicklift set up on my truck. Fronts are the preloaded coilovers and in the back are the 9000’s all adjustable with the nine settings. Besides my front end at full extension getting hammered While going over speed bumps at about 10 mph I also have red forums where Rams 2006 1500’s End up having upper ball joint problems with OEM parts after lifting them I replaced everything on my front end except upper and lower ball joints which I’m contemplating if I should have after market UCA installed with camber adjustment ball joints . Could use any help

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same Rancho quicklift struts on my 06 1500 4x4 and haven't had any issues with the ball joints for several years. My truck doesn't spend a lot of time on the road because it's not my daily driver, but I too did some research about ball joints failing prematurely. I don't have any facts, but imagine that this is true if the truck is on the road a lot. There are a few options for aftermarket UCAs that are designed to accommodate a lift. Zone Offroad and Readylift both make UCAs for 06 and up Ram 1500s. The other option is adjustable ball joints from SPC (Specialty Products Company). I actually have a brand new set of SPC adjustable ball joints for an 06 1500 4x4 if you're interested, just send me a private message. When my truck needs new ball joints, I plan to install OEM lower ball joints and Readylift UCAs.

OP
OP
Shane Kaiminaauao

Shane Kaiminaauao

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the same Rancho quicklift struts on my 06 1500 4x4 and haven't had any issues with the ball joints for several years. My truck doesn't spend a lot of time on the road because it's not my daily driver, but I too did some research about ball joints failing prematurely. I don't have any facts, but imagine that this is true if the truck is on the road a lot. There are a few options for aftermarket UCAs that are designed to accommodate a lift. Zone Offroad and Readylift both make UCAs for 06 and up Ram 1500s. The other option is adjustable ball joints from SPC (Specialty Products Company). I actually have a brand new set of SPC adjustable ball joints for an 06 1500 4x4 if you're interested, just send me a private message. When my truck needs new ball joints, I plan to install OEM lower ball joints and Readylift UCAs.