REAR WINDOW FRAME CRACKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
8 pages of cracked frames, just on this forum
Can you even imagine if everyone on the different forums sent a Message to Ramcares & they Elevate it to the Home Offices

Auburn Hills would be forced to start a CSN, RRT, TSB, or Recall

Some Engineer must have forgot that the trucks Cab flexes & the window insert does not allow for flexibility

Is it all Rams, or just Rams that have a certain window type?
Is it the Ram Classics or the 5 GEN, or both ?

RamCares said:
Hello everyone! Our team would like to inform you that as of November dealer part inventory has been changed. STAR S2023000005 online has been updated and our dealer stock has
been purged of all outdated parts

Just found this, check out the number

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/1500/2020/tsbs/tsb-S2023000024-rev.shtml ..water leak rear of cab

Water leak, front or rear or both

Last edited:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 pages of cracked frames, just on this forum
Can you even imagine if everyone on the different forums sent a Message to Ramcares & they Elevate it to the Home Offices

Auburn Hills would be forced to start a CSN, RRT, TSB, or Recall

Some Engineer must have forgot that the trucks Cab flexes & the window insert does not allow for flexibility

Is it all Rams, or just Rams that have a certain window type?
Is it the Ram Classics or the 5 GEN, or both ?

RamCares said:
Hello everyone! Our team would like to inform you that as of November dealer part inventory has been changed. STAR S2023000005 online has been updated and our dealer stock has been purged of all outdated parts

And 90+ pages on another forum that is 5th gen specific. From what I've seen, just the frames on 19/20 5th gens and I'm hoping not 21's.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And 90+ pages on another forum that is 5th gen specific. From what I've seen, just the frames on 19/20 5th gens and I'm hoping not 21's.
im hoping not the 21s either since i just bought mine a week ago. i looked at the pictures throughout this entire thread then went out to check my truck and the rear slider looks a little different than in the pictures. im hoping it is and wont be an issue in the future

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im hoping not the 21s either since i just bought mine a week ago. i looked at the pictures throughout this entire thread then went out to check my truck and the rear slider looks a little different than in the pictures. im hoping it is and wont be an issue in the future

Likewise! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on my 21 as well.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
How long did it take to get your new window/frame? I have been waiting 5 weeks.

Last edited:

ebland0724

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie Sport Crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How long did it take to get your new window/frame? I have been waiting 4 weeks.
I took my '19 to the dealer on 6/23. It was in the shop for 9 days before I finally got RAMCARE to agree to assist. They said that they ordered the part 7/1, and it is due to arrive at the dealership on 7/9. By the time I get it back it will be 2-1/2 weeks...

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
I took my '19 to the dealer on 6/23. It was in the shop for 9 days before I finally got RAMCARE to agree to assist. They said that they ordered the part 7/1, and it is due to arrive at the dealership on 7/9. By the time I get it back it will be 2-1/2 weeks...
You got yours completed in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm at 5 weeks and no arrival date yet for the rear window/frame. Mine was ordered 8 June...Hmmm

kablizzard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
2019 Ram at the dealer now getting photos taken. Spoke with FCA customer care and was told that i am out of the warranty period by miles. I have 51k in month 48. I was informed that even though the vehicle comes with a 3yr/36K warranty the glass and seals are only covered for 1yr/12K. I expect to hear that this repair will not be covered. very disappointing. I have only ever owned Jeeps (7) with and this was my first Ram. I love the truck however may be looking elsewhere if Ram doesn't back their owners when a "design" flaw surfaces.

ebland0724

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie Sport Crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2019 Ram at the dealer now getting photos taken. Spoke with FCA customer care and was told that i am out of the warranty period by miles. I have 51k in month 48. I was informed that even though the vehicle comes with a 3yr/36K warranty the glass and seals are only covered for 1yr/12K. I expect to hear that this repair will not be covered. very disappointing. I have only ever owned Jeeps (7) with and this was my first Ram. I love the truck however may be looking elsewhere if Ram doesn't back their owners when a "design" flaw surfaces.
My 2019 started leaking at 32 months (50k miles). After several calls RAMCARE finally agreed to cover all but a $200 "deductible"... At some point someone is going to start a class action against them... this is obviously a common problem and a design issue.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Mine is a 2019 with 26k, the rear window is leaking water and is being replaced under 3/36k warranty.

kablizzard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Need to edit- that’s 51k miles in 24 months. - math, go figure!

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
You got yours completed in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm at 5 weeks and no arrival date yet for the rear window/frame. Mine was ordered 8 June...Hmmm
Update: Dealer replaced mine under warranty yesterday. Guess I need to leave it out in the rain a few times to make sure it is fixed. It normally lives in the garage.

Note: my frame was not cracked, but was still leaking.

Last edited:

Saz01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Several folks on FB 5th Gen group dealing with it too....
https://m.facebook.com/groups/119667755349512/permalink/775519489764332/

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

Contact @RamCares via message along with the Star Case document linked above and see if they can get to some traction on getting it covered... Especially since it's mentioned on the NHTSA site.

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)
Thank you very much for the advice. I reached out to @RamCares and they were extremely helpful. They gave me a case# and then I had to take it in to my dealer for a formal diagnosis (my service advisor was familiar with this issue and took photos of the window frame cracks). I'm out of warranty (my 2019 has 50,000+ miles) but Ram good willed the replacement at no charge. Window was replaced a couple weeks ago. Had a good rain the other day and all is dry.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I'm still waiting on my replacement to get in. How long ago did they order the window?

Mr0mega

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7L ETorque
Hi Yes I am absolutely having this issue and was told exclusively by the dealership this is a VERY common problem that they are servicing. I was told by the technicians, at LEAST, 11 complaints a week. I own a 2019 1500 V8 ETORQUE. Less than 50k miles. My headliner has water damage and I was told RAM will not cover this poor workamanship and does not consider this as a safety issue. I was also told that my estimate to fix it is $1,500 that I would have to pay out of my pocket. I’m very disappointed that I would pay for a $65k Laramie and RAM not doing right by their loyal customers by simply fixing this common problem on their tab . If someone could instruct me on how I could share my video of the leak , I will share it

Attachments

• DB66E18D-8C49-4558-9EB1-17C1F20F6177.jpeg
    DB66E18D-8C49-4558-9EB1-17C1F20F6177.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 33

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I'm still waiting on my replacement to get in. How long ago did they order the window?

Finally got my window replaced about 2 weeks ago under warranty on my 19 Laramie 1500 . Seems to be holding up well.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hi Yes I am absolutely having this issue and was told exclusively by the dealership this is a VERY common problem that they are servicing. I was told by the technicians, at LEAST, 11 complaints a week. I own a 2019 1500 V8 ETORQUE. Less than 50k miles. My headliner has water damage and I was told RAM will not cover this poor workamanship and does not consider this as a safety issue. I was also told that my estimate to fix it is $1,500 that I would have to pay out of my pocket. I’m very disappointed that I would pay for a $65k Laramie and RAM not doing right by their loyal customers by simply fixing this common problem on their tab . If someone could instruct me on how I could share my video of the leak , I will share it
Window repair should be covered with the new part... Water damage to the headliner is tougher to get covered....
Reach out to @RamCares to see if they can help move things along.

jjfactor1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you very much for the advice. I reached out to @RamCares and they were extremely helpful. They gave me a case# and then I had to take it in to my dealer for a formal diagnosis (my service advisor was familiar with this issue and took photos of the window frame cracks). I'm out of warranty (my 2019 has 50,000+ miles) but Ram good willed the replacement at no charge. Window was replaced a couple weeks ago. Had a good rain the other day and all is dry.
I just messaged @RamCares yesterday since I'm in a similar situation (I'm only at 38k miles tho and 37 months since purchase). I certainly hope they can extend the same courtesy as they showed to you. I have 4 kids, the oldest of which will be needing a car to start driving himself soon. It would go a long way in convincing me that Dodge/Ram are a worthy of my future business.

Chuggy4Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased my truck used in April and never noticed the rear window frame cracks until the center defroster stopped working a few weeks back. I called the local dealership to schedule an appointment to have it checked out only to learn that the part of my warranty that would cover the repair expired on 9/27/21 (and I could hear the excitement in his voice when he told me). It's sad that this seems like a common problem on a truck that only has a little over 26K miles on it. I had to tell them thanks, but no thanks since I can't afford to pay ~$2400 out of pocket to have a fully-functioning sliding rear window that doesn't leak. If this is the level of customer service I can expect from RAM, I might have to reconsider my commitment to the brand moving forward, @RamCares.

Last edited: