Rough Country bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Awesome, thank you so much sir this is what I being looking for now hopefully it will be an easy install, I don't want to take the whole bumper off, lol, this is just in time for our cross country trip we have coming up next month.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Awesome, thank you so much sir this is what I being looking for now hopefully it will be an easy install, I don't want to take the whole bumper off, lol, this is just in time for our cross country trip we have coming up next month.
You don't have to take the front bumper off. You do have to take down the air dam. I don't know what instructions come with the above kit. Here are Baja Designs' instruction to help you.

Attachments

• Baja Designs - Front Bumper Light Bar Instructions.pdf
    696.3 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I just order it, great now if I can get it and install it before we leave. Thank you again Dinky.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
You don't have to take the front bumper off. You do have to take down the air dam. I don't know what instructions come with the above kit. Here are Baja Designs' instruction to help you.
Thank you sir, this make it a whole lot easier I printed this out so I can start studying on how to take it off.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Thank you sir, this make it a whole lot easier I printed this out so I can start studying on how to take it off.
Removing that air dam is a bit frustrating as there are two front center bolts that are hard to get to. Especially the one on the passenger side. I modified a wrench to make it easier. They are doable, but time-consuming. I have read where some just left the air dam off, and some put it back on without those two bolts. I'm a bit meticulous, I put it back on the way it came off.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out. For the price, that kit is a fantastic deal. I wish they had it available when I installed the BDs on my 2020.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Thank you, I can tell you that I'm not looking forward to that but it is what it is.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you, I can tell you that I'm not looking forward to that but it is what it is.

I was looking around down there the other day. It's definitely not my 4th gen 1500. 5 screws and gills pops off lmao

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
You got that right, I was wondering but I haven't look again yet so is there a way for me not to take the lower grill off and just pass it through the bottom underneath?

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You got that right, I was wondering but I haven't look again yet so is there a way for me not to take the lower grill off and just pass it through the bottom underneath?

Looks like if you take the lower the air dam off you can install from bottom and back.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Yes, that is what I was hoping, it's on the way.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Looks like if you take the lower the air dam off you can install from bottom and back.
Hello Dinky, I received though bracket today but I didn't get no instruction with them I guess that I can figure it out but it wouldn't being nice to know what I'm hooking them up to.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Dinky, I received though bracket today but I didn't get no instruction with them I guess that I can figure it out but it wouldn't being nice to know what I'm hooking them up to.

Mine came today as well I haven't looked at them been in meetings all day.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
It's been a year since I installed my Baja Designs, but if I remember right. When you drop the dam, there's nothing between the frame rails. Looking at those brackets, I would assume they can only mount to the frame rails. I could be wrong as this 87yr memory gets fuzzy

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Yeah, I've being trying to look on line it look like that the bracket mount on the frame but I need to look underneath and figure it out.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I've being trying to look on line it look like that the bracket mount on the frame but I need to look underneath and figure it out.

I bet once you dig into it it will all make sense.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
It's been a year since I installed my Baja Designs, but if I remember right. When you drop the dam, there's nothing between the frame rails. Looking at those brackets, I would assume they can only mount to the frame rails. I could be wrong as this 87yr memory gets fuzzy
Wow, sir you are 87 years old, well I want to say that the good Lord have been good to you a lot of people don't see 87 years old, my hat off to you sir.

OP
OP
Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I bet once you dig into it it will all make sense.

Yep, I agree, I was able to find a few pics so I printed those off and I will be going underneath and see what's going on.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Bigdaddy

I am still waiting on my bajadesigns onx6 20in. It's been almost 8 weeks

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Wow, sir you are 87 years old, well I want to say that the good Lord have been good to you a lot of people don't see 87 years old, my hat off to you sir.
Thanks
I'm blessed and amazed, never thought I'd make 40 due to serious cancer at 30. But I still buy green bananas ;)