"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
The packaging, wiring harnesses, and head unit looks identical to the 7.1 fastboot I just returned. Other than the sticker on the back of the head unit.

Let me know if your USB connection is the right orientation and doesn't look like this.
47e8d59f51d0e726a0d9f05165f8a860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That connector is correct, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect the AC plug. I am either missing something mentally or literally.

upload_2019-7-12_17-1-43.png

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That connector is correct, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect the AC plug. I am either missing something mentally or literally.

View attachment 173077

If you have a 4 speed fan this video from linkswell is a good how to. They have some additional harness then ours.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I have the 7 speed manual, meaning there is no internal temp readout or set temp. I will check the video to see what I am missing.

So what are these connectors for on the unit?
upload_2019-7-12_17-33-48.png

AC plug?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I meant the fan control.

Where do I plug in the OEM fan control to the unit? I was under the impression there is a harness that is used, but I checked, double checked and triple checked my assortment of cables and there is nothing there.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
The linkswell video points to plugging in the 4 or 7 speed plug straight into the white socket that I highlighted above. I guess I didn't make the connection because the connector I have is smaller in width it seemed than the white socket from above.

Well, dinner time, a beer and then back to work :)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The linkswell video points to plugging in the 4 or 7 speed plug straight into the white socket that I highlighted above. I guess I didn't make the connection because the connector I have is smaller in width it seemed than the white socket from above.

Well, dinner time, a beer and then back to work :)
That's correct, no adapter. Straight from the truck to the white connection you highlighted.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
That's correct, no adapter. Straight from the truck to the white connection you highlighted.

So this is the plug I have left (fan control) and I have tried to make it fit in the center of the white socket, but they don't seem to match up.

upload_2019-7-12_18-21-29.png

Here the back of the fan control module...
upload_2019-7-12_18-22-8.png

and here the front...

upload_2019-7-12_18-22-36.png

What am I missing?

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So this is the plug I have left (fan control) and I have tried to make it fit in the center of the white socket, but they don't seem to match up.

View attachment 173095

View attachment 173096

and here the front...

View attachment 173097

What am I missing?

Looks like it's the same as the small white connection for the high end climate control next to the 4 speed one but with an extra notch at the bottom. [emoji848]

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks like it's the same as the small white connection for the high end climate control next to the 4 speed one but with an extra notch at the bottom. [emoji848]

My three button head unit came with an adapter for that. You need this adapter as now I can see the connection is wider.
8240e798a6aa5e35166a031782e337ce.jpg

Tan Cai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0l
I had this issue when I upgraded my MCU version - it killed my radio signal. I had to roll back to fix it, when you say that you upgraded the software, what exactly did you do and which files you used from where?. Just trying to understand better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Same issue for me when did mcu update , rollback fixed

Could guide me to where I could find a mcu to roll back to please? I am a bit new to this unit but I have a extensive electronic background. I think the unit is a Phoenix android 4.4.4 unit with just the hazard button.

Thank you!

Tan Cai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0l
If RDS is selected on the radio region screen try turning it off. In addition, try fiddling with the radio antenna adapter while the radio is on. The adapter is not a perfect fit and contains soft plastics that can warp and keep the metal surfaces from touching with a lot of surface area.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both of those suggestions with no result. Any other thoughts?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
My three button head unit came with an adapter for that. You need this adapter as now I can see the connection is wider.
8240e798a6aa5e35166a031782e337ce.jpg

That must be it. That adapter was not part of the package. I already started a new ticket it PA. That is a bummer that I need to take it back out until they can ship me the missing adapter.

The audio is also off and I am sure it's because I have the upgraded Alpine speakers. I used the cockpit slider that allows you to move the sound profile around and when I moved the audio to the front the audio went completely mute. Only if I went back to the center or to the rear the audio came back. That is a bummer, but otherwise the audio sounds good.

Also had my wife give me a call to see how the audio sounded on her end and she said she could not tell the difference from the OEM hands-free. Now of course this is without driving noise, so we will need to repeat this test again when I have everything setup.

I have no reference to the speed of the PX3, but can say that the PX6 is quick. I loaded Waze and used two finger rotation of a large section of the SF bay area and it rotated the map without any stuttering or delay. Overall all key presses and swiping is responsive and all of the apps I had open interact quickly.

The home screen app is a bit to get to used to. It took me a while until I figured out how to get to the playstore and I have yet to find any of the hidden menus for setup. All in due time.

Overall I am happy with this purchase and I know I can make this exactly the way I want it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both of those suggestions with no result. Any other thoughts?
Post a picture of your system information screen please.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

View attachment 173095

View attachment 173096

and here the front...

View attachment 173097

What am I missing?
My bad, I didn't know you started with an 8.4 radio.

See post #2

https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1665739

Like GTG said, you're missing the 8.4 adapter.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That must be it. That adapter was not part of the package. I already started a new ticket it PA. That is a bummer that I need to take it back out until they can ship me the missing adapter.

The audio is also off and I am sure it's because I have the upgraded Alpine speakers. I used the cockpit slider that allows you to move the sound profile around and when I moved the audio to the front the audio went completely mute. Only if I went back to the center or to the rear the audio came back. That is a bummer, but otherwise the audio sounds good.

Also had my wife give me a call to see how the audio sounded on her end and she said she could not tell the difference from the OEM hands-free. Now of course this is without driving noise, so we will need to repeat this test again when I have everything setup.

I have no reference to the speed of the PX3, but can say that the PX6 is quick. I loaded Waze and used two finger rotation of a large section of the SF bay area and it rotated the map without any stuttering or delay. Overall all key presses and swiping is responsive and all of the apps I had open interact quickly.

The home screen app is a bit to get to used to. It took me a while until I figured out how to get to the playstore and I have yet to find any of the hidden menus for setup. All in due time.

Overall I am happy with this purchase and I know I can make this exactly the way I want it.
I can't wait to hear about your review of this thing in action! [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
My bad, I didn't know you started with an 8.4 radio.

See post #2

https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1665739

Like GTG said, you're missing the 8.4 adapter.

I thought the whole reason why they have you send them a picture of the dash is so they can make sure they send the right set of harnesses. Oh well, it's not the end of the world, just wished my first experience was one without missing parts.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I can't wait to hear about your review of this thing in action! [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

If you guys have any specific tests or concerns that you want me to throw at the unit, please let me know. Since I have no reference to the PX3's I can't really tell if this unit is heads above the older ones. All I can say is that from an usability standpoint I see no issues. How this thing will fare in the long run we will find out and how it performs once there are more apps in the background or there is heat throttling, that has to be still determined.