"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another question, if you remember-
With wireless Apple Carplay, does it read texts out loud?

Also, do you not have this unit in your truck anymore?
Every feature of Apple Carplay works. Yes.. it will read the text out loud. However it will not do automatically. You will need to press a button on the screen for it to begin.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having an issue with my A/C and the mechanic is sort of blaming it on the headunit. I'm not sure what is the issue there.
I've raised another thread talking about it.

If anyone is had any experience with this, please do reply.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm having an issue with my A/C and the mechanic is sort of blaming it on the headunit. I'm not sure what is the issue there.
I've raised another thread talking about it.

If anyone is had any experience with this, please do reply.
I suppose it's possible the radio is causing it. Besides the codes how does the problem manifest? What made you think the AC had an issue?

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I suppose it's possible the radio is causing it. Besides the codes how does the problem manifest? What made you think the AC had an issue?
The AC compressor suddenly jammed up or stopped working. The mechanic said that I needed to replace it. However, once it was done, he noticed that the compressor was not cutting off when the cabin reached the temperature. Basically according to him, the compressor is supposed to cut in and cut out. It's not and then working continuously and burning itself out. Equally the same for the fan blower unit inside the dash.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The AC compressor suddenly jammed up or stopped working. The mechanic said that I needed to replace it. However, once it was done, he noticed that the compressor was not cutting off when the cabin reached the temperature. Basically according to him, the compressor is supposed to cut in and cut out. It's not and then working continuously and burning itself out. Equally the same for the fan blower unit inside the dash.
Do you have the old bezel still? You could clear the codes, then see if they come back with the old HVAC module in play?

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the old bezel still? You could clear the codes, then see if they come back with the old HVAC module in play?
We resolved the issue using the fix I posted in the thread. I'm still not sure. Maybe I will take a video and post it giving us an idea what the mechanic did in order to fix the issue.

Timothypl1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently purchased a PX-6 Six Core 10.4 Tesla Style Head Unit for my 2013 RAM 2500 Mega Cab Big Horn truck. I purchased it from Phoenix Automotive and I had a great experience with them. It shipped within a week of ordering and I was able to track it from its shipping origin to my house. It took 5 days from start of shipment to delivery. I bought it with both Apple and Android capability. There were no instructions on how to install it, but there are plenty of videos on YouTube to watch and assist. My installation went without a hitch. The USB port in the center console works and I added the other USB cable to a port that I installed in the center tray of the center console. The only problem I had was that the HVAC temperature units were in Celsius. Phoenix Automotive was responsive to my emails and I even provided a video of my issue with setting the Temperature Unit measurement. I could change it, but it would switch back after Save and Reboot. The fix was updating the a Can Bus file. Now the unit reads correctly. My old unit was failing in that it would not always startup and especially when it was hot in the truck. I have attached the before and after image.

View attachment 245302

View attachment 245303
I am having the same issue. Did tech support send you the right file? How did you update it?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having the same issue. Did tech support send you the right file? How did you update it?
So, without reading through all 317 pages of this discussion, if somebody wants to upgrade to one of these radios, will you still have full access to all the settings like for the air, suspension, lighting controls, pretty much all the settings you can access within the factory Uconnect?

Heavysledz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all....I am about to install the AutoTecPro 12.1" Tesla Style Android head unit in my sons 2014 Ram and had a few questions before I begin.

1. Does anyone have a wiring diagram? I would prefer to run thru the wiring before hooking everything up and the labels are not the greatest and the one video on YouTube I found the fella is going a million miles an hour and doesn't really explain things very well.
2. Is there a dedicated sub output? I found the sub control wire that turns it on and off but not an RCA connector labeled as Subwoofer.
3. If I decide to just run with the stock speaker setup and I have the main harness that plugs directly into the trucks harness, do I even need to plug in the 2 smaller harness with all of the RCA pre outputs for hooking to an external amplifier.

Thanks in advance.

Waelabdelghani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
GOt my 7.1 upgrade board. Hoping to have some time this week to pull out the unit, solder on the BT, Wifi, and GPS modules and get it reinstalled. I'll post up in here a walk through and my results.
Can you please send me supplier link .
I am searching for same core board but didn’t found it .

Viktorian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hi guys , I just come across with this forum . I bought a truck with this unit on it and I’m trying like crazy to make work . I’m try to use the Bluetooth with my iPhone I have to reset the radio to pick up the name but everything time I turn off the truck the radio Bluetooth name change to carlink . I’m sorry for the stupid question but I’m definitely not familiar with this radio or capability . How can I just add an apple car play ?
Thank you for your help .

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi guys , I just come across with this forum . I bought a truck with this unit on it and I’m trying like crazy to make work . I’m try to use the Bluetooth with my iPhone I have to reset the radio to pick up the name but everything time I turn off the truck the radio Bluetooth name change to carlink . I’m sorry for the stupid question but I’m definitely not familiar with this radio or capability . How can I just add an apple car play ?
Thank you for your help .
You must plug your phone in directly via USB for Carplay to work.

Priell3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My son just purchased a 2018 RAM 1500 Crew Cab with this radio. The only issue so far is no back up camera display. Is there an easy fix? Thanks.

allfixedright

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hi, does anyone know which pins on the back of the radio are for power and ground? I have tried to figure it out based on which wires have power coming out on my truck. I'm attempting to power up my Tesla style 10.4 radio outside my truck so I can do software updates in the house. Thanks!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi, does anyone know which pins on the back of the radio are for power and ground? I have tried to figure it out based on which wires have power coming out on my truck. I'm attempting to power up my Tesla style 10.4 radio outside my truck so I can do software updates in the house. Thanks!
The first diagram might help (if you can read it). I've done the desktop power thing before but it's been a long time. If I get a chance I'll dig mine out and see if it's obvious what I used to power it up on the bench...

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My son just purchased a 2018 RAM 1500 Crew Cab with this radio. The only issue so far is no back up camera display. Is there an easy fix? Thanks.
Does the truck have a backup camera?
If not, I would suggest heading to a salvage yard and there you should be able to find an original backup camera for the tailgate.

After that just get the unit linked in this post.
There might be newer ones posted as well. So you should do a search and make sure to select one with a minimum of 4GB ram 64GB memory and Apple Carplay.
This should help as well.

allfixedright

Reaction score
Ram Year
I do have an extremely low res wiring diagram that did work for me to identify speaker wiring. Maybe it will help...

Maybe instead, identify the CANBUS signal wires in the factory harness from that website previously posted and try to trace those wires/pins to the external CANBUS module in the T-Style radio harness then on into the radio (if needed).
Hi, I was unable to read the diagram well enough to trust it. Thanks though. If you remember your actual set up, that would be great.