Throttle response controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
So considering the pedal commander being almost twice as much as this one here, what makes this one a lot cheaper and the PC a lot more expensive, just because of the Bluetooth technology in the PC?

Although it was nice being able to tuck the unit inside the plastic down by the footwell and control it with the phone, I don’t see why the PC is so much more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't answer that but that is the only reason I chose this one was 1/2 the price. In my lifetime I never seen where more expensive means better! LOL

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't answer that but that is the only reason I chose this one was 1/2 the price. In my lifetime I never seen where more expensive means better! LOL

Egh, sometimes more money gets you more better things but not always in a way ya want or justified. Lol. Years ago when I had my old truck programmed from Diablo Sport, had I known beforehand that the more expensive Trinity T-1000 tuner was gonna cause all sorts of radio interference with my key fob and my TPMS by leaving it plugged in all the time, I woulda just saved 200 bucks and got the much cheaper InTune programmer from Diablo Sport and not even bothered with the nearly 100-dollar Mopar A pillar cover that had the hole for a single gauge in it and the $25 gauge pod adapter for the T 1000.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 250502. I'm not here to try to compare this to or say it's as good or better than Pedal Commander, I've never had any experience with a Pedal Commander just giving my experience on this one. Anyone who thinks their electronic throttle doesn't have any lag needs to try one of the throttle controllers. I can tell you it will not give you 1 more HP but by the seat of the pants feel you'll think you have 50 more HP. My take on this is, if you have 2 identical trucks and you race them and they stay side by side from start to the end of the 1/4 mile and you put a throttle controller on one of them, the one with the controller probably will jump the other one out of the hole let's say 1 car length then I believe they will stay that way until the end. That may not seem important to you and if not don't buy it but a win is a win. I assure you the other guy will buy one for his truck. It sure makes it fun to drive though! It cost me $160 to my door, that's why I bought it over other brands. To me it even feels like my transmission even shifts more responsive, most likely just in my head. I was told about it by a friend when he put it on his and I'm a skeptical person but I'm very happy with it! This is just my opinion only!
Got a message into them right now, thanks for sharing that with us.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I sure loved how the pedal commander woke up the throttle on my truck but I sure wasn’t crazy about all the check engine light fault codes it caused on the electronic throttle pedal. Pretty much because of that thing is why I started carrying my OBD II code scanner around with me so that every time it caused a check engine light, I could quickly reset the fault.

You said you weren’t familiar with the pedal commander so you probably don’t know about all the different 25+ sensitivities you can set for your throttle but how does that roar pedal work? Is it much more simpler and cheaper than the pedal commander?

I wouldn’t mind trying another device like this because like I said, I really liked how it made my throttle pedal feel but I’m just not in the mood for having to reset a check engine light all the time. But, at least one thing I can say about that is there must’ve been something wrong with the one I had because pedal commander, after they told me to send it into them, they said where the wiring comes into the unit was kind of messed up so they repaired it but I still ended up with the same problem so I just quit using it.

Im giving mine 1 more time. If it throws a code im selling mine. Tossing my truck into limp mode isnt safe at all. Shoot If someone offers to buy mine I would probably sell it. I need another shotgun lol

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I've had my PC for about 2 yrs now and after screwing around with different settings, I finally settled on Sport+4. I know, too touchy. No. Leave it there and your brain will adapt and teach your right foot how to get rolling smoothly. Never threw a code, No CEL ever. It's a glorified rheostat. Nothing more. I grew up with two heavy return springs on the Holly's I ran in a street Camaro so you learn the perfect pressure in a short time.
Oh, Mines on my '17 2500 CCLB 6.4 4x4 4.10's. I probably could have built one for about $30. in parts but I'm old, time is my enemy now. Called Nick, done deal, completely invisible hidden under the plastic trans tunnel by my transfer case shift lever. My condolences to the knob guys. As I said, I'm old & appreciate old school. I'm happy with it even though I know it does not make my truck a lick faster. Same for the CAI.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What a bag of *****!
Heard back from Roar and their controller is only 05+ supported?
That sux because the 03+ is all fly-by-wire too, anybody put one of these on an 03 yet without any CEL or problems?

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
What a bag of *****!
Heard back from Roar and their controller is only 05+ supported?
That sux because the 03+ is all fly-by-wire too, anybody put one of these on an 03 yet without any CEL or problems?
I wish I knew more about them to help you but this is the first one I've ever tried. Hopefully someone knows of one for a 2003.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I installed a Pedal Commander PC31 yesterday and took it out for a quick spin. DAMN! I think I left it in Sport +1. Will need to see how it goes in City driving. Tried Sport+ +4, that's insane!

Anyways time will tell if I get CEL or any other issues with it.

I went with PC because of the BT. I can tuck it behind the dash and use my phone if need be to change modes.
Their customer service is also top notch. They recommended the wrong one on the Canadian site and they took care of it to the end.

I'm sure any other brands do the same and work just as well, depends on how much you want to spend. :)

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I installed a Pedal Commander PC31 yesterday and took it out for a quick spin. DAMN! I think I left it in Sport +1. Will need to see how it goes in City driving. Tried Sport+ +4, that's insane!

Anyways time will tell if I get CEL or any other issues with it.

I went with PC because of the BT. I can tuck it behind the dash and use my phone if need be to change modes.
Their customer service is also top notch. They recommended the wrong one on the Canadian site and they took care of it to the end.

I'm sure any other brands do the same and work just as well, depends on how much you want to spend. :)
I understand that, I lift my console lid and it's right there at the touch of a finger. I don't know which one is best either, a friend bought one for his Challenger and he said it knocked off almost 1 second of his 0 to 60 time according to his EVIC. It was also 1/2 the price and only time will tell if it last reliability wise. It's impressed me so far!

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For all of those that have said “don’t adjust settings while moving,” do you mean it’s safe to adjust while sitting still while I n ‘Drive’, OR does the truck need to be in ‘Park’ before adjusting?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have adjusted mine while moving tons of times and never had a problem.

To be safe though, you should probably only adjust it in park or while the truck is off.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For all of those that have said “don’t adjust settings while moving,” do you mean it’s safe to adjust while sitting still while I n ‘Drive’, OR does the truck need to be in ‘Park’ before adjusting?

I couldn’t find an actual copy of the instruction manual but it says right under the frequently asked questions on their website that you don’t have to be parked in order to change settings, you just have to make sure your cruise control is not set and that your foot’s not on the throttle; basically no throttle input at all whatsoever when you go to change it from one setting to the next.

I don’t know if my 2018 was just that sensitive to the change, or maybe there was just something all along wrong with my unit but even before I sent it in for repair, there was lots of times that even pulling over, putting the transmission in park with my foot completely off the pedal, it would trigger a check engine light whenever I went to change the setting. The same even when while driving down the highway with no cruise set or throttle input but then again, there was other times I could be doing either of that and it wouldn’t trigger a light. It was completely at random whenever it would but most definitely, there was times it would trigger that light when it wasn’t supposed to because pretty much what pedal commander will tell you is the only time that your check engine light should ever possibly come on is if you go to change the setting and your cruise is set, you’re giving your engine any kind of throttle, or sometimes if you try to use the eco-mode which was a lot less then what stock is.

But even after I got it back from repair, it still had issues to where as soon as I start my truck up, the light would come on.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
As I said, at stoplights, in drive with foot on brake.
No need to shift.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For anyone interested we have Pedal Commander and Banks Pedal Monster as well as some other brands usually in stock with great pricing. Message me for a quote on any of them.

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I have a confession to make; though I plan on a programmer in the near future, I rolled the dice on a $65 throttle controller from amazon that replicates the Speedform 9-mode controller.

Jesus this thing actually works as described. Not so much like programmers on previous vehicles but definitely replicates the “sport+” buttons we’ve had in import cars.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I have adjusted mine while moving tons of times and never had a problem.

To be safe though, you should probably only adjust it in park or while the truck is off.
Ditto. ^^^^^THIS^^^^^.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk