Transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spencer0526

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 13 ram 1500 5.7 hemi 4x4 with the 65rfe trans and about 2 weeks ago I was on my way home driving normal and the trans started stuttering and slipping it threw codes so I drove it home and used my Diablo tuner to read codes it read codes p0734,p0735, and p0933 I looked on here and found people saying it was clutch pack instead of changing clutch pack in trans I went and got a different one cause it was cheaper anx what I can afford before I got trans I tried replacing the hydronic pressure sensor and the trans fluid and filters it didn’t fix problem I just finished the trans swap last night and got everything back in and everything used the new transmission filters and replaced trans fluid with new and it’s still doing the same thing it’s taking off fine but once it shifts to second gear it speeds up then at about 30-40 mph it’s like trans slips and acts like it’s in nutral if I give it more gas eventually after I basically floor it it kicks back in but only goes to 50mph and starts redlining and bouncing off rev limiter at 6500rpm I have a hemifever custom tune but shift points are set at 6200rpm I had a local shop hook truck up to there reader and it read that it had low fluid pressure I made sure it had enough fluid and everything I’m at a loss currently I just bought a can of killer kleaner and once I get back home I’m gonna try flushing the trans cooler any help would be greatly appreciated sorry for the long post thanks

John Morse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same sort of thing happening with my truck

My 2020 3500 HO diesel with the aisin tranny is the worst vehicle I have ever owned nothing but problem since 450klms 32000klms now and the vehicle has been in and out of the shop for weeks and weeks . The transmission doesn't engage into first gear just out of the blue randomly just won't move i was almost seriously t-***** yesterday the truck stopped just in the nick of time. its like the transmission drops into neutral when I come to a stop and try to drive again the motor reves up and then it makes a loud bang and drives also does this randomly while driving . Also violently downshifts at 60klms causing the seat belts to lock and the truck feels like you have slammed on the brakes

TommyTwoRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013/2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it throwing the same codes since you did the swap and kind of a dumb question, did you clear the codes from the PCM after the install?

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2011 with the 545rfe did the exact same thing you talking about. I got the incorrect gear 4 ratio and the incorrect gear 5 ratio. It was the valve body. The shop that installed my shift kit had a couple springs backwards (believe it was springs). As soon as the truck shifted passed 2Nd gear, trans slipped and needle right to the Rev limiter. I could only drive in 2nd gear. I’d say check valve body, maybe switch it out.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
watch this for the weaknesses in the rfe, which is mainly the valve body. The other weaknesses in the rfe can be traced to a valve body cross leaking. You can fix it yourself, maybe 2-3 wrenches out of 5, not terrible hard to do. Or just by an updated one, which is what I'd probably do it this happened to me. Be careful, some people end up with incompatible with yours, so get it from a reputable place instead of a dude selling off ebay with 1 star by his name.

New valve body

Consider new solenoid pack with it, I believe yours is grey. If you get a white one don't worry, you just need to verify correct check balls with it.

Look at metal thread upgrade, when the plastic threads break it can cause this and more. Look at synthetic filters as well. Everything you need is on search bar, if you have issues finding it let us know. Only use mopar oem sump filters, canister filters are posting in rfe synthetic upgrade thread.

https://youtu.be/i0cRTBVCb50

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Never mind that one was for 68, all rfe's have the same bones. Obviously you will order a specific valve body to replace the one you have.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
did you use old valve body on new transmission? You may need a relearn as well. You have the same codes?