TSB 08-095-22 To Address UConnect Concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi Everyone,
We recently released TSB 08-095-22 to address many concerns customers are currently experiencing and update the radio software level to 39.9. This update will apply to many 2019-2021 models, so if you're experiencing concerns similar to those listed on the TSB provided below, we'd suggest sharing this with your local dealer to ensure it applies to your vehicle and have any necessary updates performed to resolve your concerns. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up with us in private message.

Ram Cares

Attachments

• TSB 08-095-22 #2.png
    TSB 08-095-22 #2.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 162
  • TSB 08-095-22.png
    TSB 08-095-22.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 151

Sysdbaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How is everyone supposed to know there is an update? Will this be OTA or Ram will just keep it on the downlow and offer it if people come asking for it....

16LaramieLonghorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 VM Diesel
My 2021 recently stopped recognizing my external HDD and usb flash drives I put music on. Will this TSB fix that issue????

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
@RamCares I have been battling glitchy behavior for nearly three years, but I am over 60K miles, and now I will have to pay for what wasn't right to start with?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
@RamCares I have been battling glitchy behavior for nearly three years, but I am over 60K miles, and now I will have to pay for what wasn't right to start with?
Did you have a dealership document service visit for the issue before going out of warranty?

TSB's generally do not cover out of warranty visits unless you had a previous in warranty visit that did not get resolved.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Did you have a dealership document service visit for the issue before going out of warranty?

TSB's generally do not cover out of warranty visits unless you had a previous in warranty visit that did not get resolved.
There were a couple service visits for "can not duplicate issue" since it didn't blue screen, get stuck on the backup camera, or any of the other glitches while there.

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
How is everyone supposed to know there is an update? Will this be OTA or Ram will just keep it on the downlow and offer it if people come asking for it....
Hi Sysdbaq,
This update will require dealer assistance to perform. Should you experience any of the symptoms listed in the image provided above, please visit your local dealer to have your system inspected and the updates performed.

Sarah
Ram Cares

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi @tjfdesmo,
As @Hootbro mentioned, unfortunately, outside of warranty, TSB repairs are an out of pocket expense. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sarah
Ram Cares

Cobr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
When my 2020 12" sets for a while. And I start it. Sirius xm won't play, I have no sound from am or fm, I have to turn the truck off, wait about 4 minutes restart, and I will have am fm working, I jane to turn it off once more wait 4 more minutes to get Sirius xm to play. I have 19k miles and this just started about a month ago. Anyone else have this problem, how I'm headed to the dealer to have this checked

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220530-130747_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220530-130747_Gallery.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 4

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
@RamCares Why would this be a dealer installed update only? If it fixes issues why is it not available for download via the driveuconnect website?

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
@RamCares Why would this be a dealer installed update only? If it fixes issues why is it not available for download via the driveuconnect website?
Hi Riccochet,
Unfortunately, at this time, the driveuconnect site is not up to date and does not provide accurate information on your system. Additionally, this update requires dealer assistance in order to ensure all previous updates have also been performed in order to prevent damage being caused to your system.

Sarah
Ram Cares

switters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Riccochet,
Unfortunately, at this time, the driveuconnect site is not up to date and does not provide accurate information on your system. Additionally, this update requires dealer assistance in order to ensure all previous updates have also been performed in order to prevent damage being caused to your system.

Sarah
Ram Cares
Sarah,

I have a '22 1500 Rebel with a 12" screen. Nothing but problems with the screen since I bought it. Went to the dealer Friday and they did a hard reset. That not only didn't help, it seemed to make things worse. They told me about an OTA update that is "supposed to fix all the screen problems".

Several times, I've turned my car on and let it idle in front of my garage, where there's a strong WiFi connection. No update appears.

I'm still experiencing issues with the screen multiple times a day. The hard reset the dealer did had no effect, and I am not getting the OTA update they said was available. What now?

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Sarah,

I have a '22 1500 Rebel with a 12" screen. Nothing but problems with the screen since I bought it. Went to the dealer Friday and they did a hard reset. That not only didn't help, it seemed to make things worse. They told me about an OTA update that is "supposed to fix all the screen problems".

Several times, I've turned my car on and let it idle in front of my garage, where there's a strong WiFi connection. No update appears.

I'm still experiencing issues with the screen multiple times a day. The hard reset the dealer did had no effect, and I am not getting the OTA update they said was available. What now?
Sorry to hear that, switters! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN and a photo of your current UConnect system information. We'd like to look into this for you. To locate your system info, put your vehicle into the ON or ACC position and perform the following --

Go to “Vehicle Settings” then select “ System Information” and look for “Version Information.”

Sarah
Ram Cares

ImNraged

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Everyone,
We recently released TSB 08-095-22 to address many concerns customers are currently experiencing and update the radio software level to 39.9. This update will apply to many 2019-2021 models, so if you're experiencing concerns similar to those listed on the TSB provided below, we'd suggest sharing this with your local dealer to ensure it applies to your vehicle and have any necessary updates performed to resolve your concerns. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up with us in private message.

Ram Cares
I have a 2022 with the 8.4 that does the exact same things. How long will I have to wait?

OP
OP
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi ImNraged,
Sorry to hear about this! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN and additional details on your concerns. We'd be happy to look into this further.

Sarah
Ram Cares