USMC1188's 5.9 Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Things you do for your most prized possession... This is my truck right now...

I ******* HATE hail

I understand this! I ran outside as a hail storm was starting and threw comforters over my Lightning to try and help. I only had 2 little dents which I got PDRs.

My '00 Ram didn't fare so well. The Hailstorm kicked it's ass.

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I understand this! I ran outside as a hail storm was starting and threw comforters over my Lightning to try and help. I only had 2 little dents which I got PDRs.

My '00 Ram didn't fare so well. The Hailstorm kicked it's ass.

Yea, my old 05 had some hail damage, and it drove me nuts, I don't want to go through it again, let me tell ya

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
So... as of today, I am officially pricing out and piecing together a new transmission for the near future. It hasn't gone yet, but I don't think she is going to last too much longer.

Sent Dave a message for prices, so he will be looking forward to some business here real soon, lol

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I bought an AFE deep trans pan and filter from DB Truck Customs and as always got a good deal.

Hopefully it will help me a little with trans temps and maybe milk a little life out of my failing transmission. (Or as Dave puts it... "Just putting a Band-Aid on it")

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bought an AFE deep trans pan and filter from DB Truck Customs and as always got a good deal.

Hopefully it will help me a little with trans temps and maybe milk a little life out of my failing transmission. (Or as Dave puts it... "Just putting a Band-Aid on it")
Sweet man, remember if it breaks, don't fix it, make it better!

I don't know how much longer ima be able to go without modding my truck, really trying to save for a CTD and college. It's so difficult buying just gas

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
got to love our big red cummins

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho

i love my ats :console:

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Sweet man, remember if it breaks, don't fix it, make it better!

I don't know how much longer ima be able to go without modding my truck, really trying to save for a CTD and college. It's so difficult buying just gas

Hell, I am in the same boat. I can't do anything big or major to my truck, because I have to save for my transmissin.

It isn't any easier buying diesel either. I went 75 miles since yesterday, between going to school, and around town a little and just topeed it back off because I had a $0.20 off thing at Kroger and still spent $24. Its expensive to run these trucks, but holy hell they are fun!

i love my ats :console:
Lol, I got a great price on the AFE and I know they make great products, so I figured I can't go wrong

Last edited:

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hell, I am in the same boat. I can't do anything big or major to my truck, because I have to save for my transmissin.

It isn't any easier buying diesel either. I went 75 miles since yesterday, between going to school, and around town a little and just topeed it back off because I had a $0.20 off thing at Kroger and still spent $24. Its expensive to run these trucks, but holy hell they are fun!

Lol, w/e, I got a great price on the AFE and I know they make great products, so I figured I can't go wrong

Damn that sucks the diesel I usually run about 10-15 bucks in a day at 3.90 a gallon, u must have a lead foot:naughty:

Yea I deff want a CTD but love fixing this one up....I just don't know what to do anymore because I have nothing but super expensive mods left

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Damn that sucks the diesel I usually run about 10-15 bucks in a day at 3.90 a gallon, u must have a lead foot:naughty:

Yea I deff want a CTD but love fixing this one up....I just don't know what to do anymore because I have nothing but super expensive mods left

Usually a lead foot, yes, but this time it was traffic and morons on the way to school. I hate highways

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Usually a lead foot, yes, but this time it was traffic and morons on the way to school. I hate highways

Oh I understand that, but I love my traffic ever since I got my pa system all finalized:D I just drive like a granny or a trucker and keep a good steady pace and let the music blare:D

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

90% of Diesel Mods are super expensive for performance.

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
So got my AFE Deep Trans Pan in today already.

Only took it 2 days since I ordered it to get here, thanks again Dave @ DB Truck Customs , you do great business!

IMG_20120503_141024.jpg
IMG_20120503_141106.jpg

Now I just have to put it on, lol

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Nice , glad I could help bud

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I finally got my afe deep trans pan I bought from DB truck customs a while ago installed today. After 2 hours, a sore eye, a huge mess, and 10.5 qts of ATF+4 here it is:

IMG_20120515_133025.jpg
IMG_20120515_133045.jpg

I will create a how to thread when I get home from work. It's pretty simple though.

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Nothing I have noticed yet. I haven't driven far enough to get it up to temp yet though. It does seem to shift a bit smoother, but that may be just the fact that it needed changed bad