$1500 for a regear both axles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think you will be happy with the 4.88, which should equate to about a 4.70 with your tires. If I was pulling 13,000 like you are, I would want different gearing too. I still haven't decided to pull the trigger yet. If they had 4.30 for our truck I would probably go to that. I will let you know which direction I go brother.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am only looking to go 4.10 because I drive 50% freeway when not towing. I hot the truck for $16,000 off invoice so I knew I had room to change gears later. It is a 2018 ram 2500 4x4. If memory serves me correct, only 1 year on parts and labor from my guy.

let your guy know if you go up to 4.10 your fine but beyond 4.10 theres no gear sets specific for '14+ 2500 so you have to use gm/ older dodge geasets which youll need different pinion bearing that you can get from cmgear works and nitro might have them also. front you need a ring spacer that you get from nitro or yukon

OP
OP
B

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
let your guy know if you go up to 4.10 your fine but beyond 4.10 theres no gear sets specific for '14+ 2500 so you have to use gm/ older dodge geasets which youll need different pinion bearing that you can get from cmgear works and nitro might have them also. front you need a ring spacer that you get from nitro or yukon
Correct nothing specific 2014 up. One company that I asked for a quote and told me it was in possible... obviously that’s not the guy I want putting in gears.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well alot of shops arent familiar with aam and all the little nuances

OP
OP
B

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spoke with installer today. Said he has fell behind 2 days on installs. Hoping to make it back up by early next week.

my appointment is the 19th. Makes me a bit nervous he already has over $1,000 from me to order the parts.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correct nothing specific 2014 up. One company that I asked for a quote and told me it was in possible... obviously that’s not the guy I want putting in gears.

.........and you might not be the customer for him..... goes both ways!

OP
OP
B

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
.........and you might not be the customer for him..... goes both ways!

lol no kidding. If the guy install gears for a living and says it can’t be done. I’m definitely not the customer for him... why would I pay someone to do something they themselves say they can’t do?

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lol no kidding. If the guy install gears for a living and says it can’t be done. I’m definitely not the customer for him... why would I pay someone to do something they themselves say they can’t do?

Good question.... why don't you build it yourself? Then you'll know what you've got!

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Spoke with installer today. Said he has fell behind 2 days on installs. Hoping to make it back up by early next week.

my appointment is the 19th. Makes me a bit nervous he already has over $1,000 from me to order the parts.
Well, let us know how the install goes. I have to admit I am worried too since I gave them a large cash deposit a week and a half ago and they still haven't got the parts to try and schedule me in a couple weeks.

OP
OP
B

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, let us know how the install goes. I have to admit I am worried too since I gave them a large cash deposit a week and a half ago and they still haven't got the parts to try and schedule me in a couple weeks.
My guy said it would take a few weeks to get parts but it was only one until he had them.
I think it’s odd to require half up front. Wonder if they get that many flakes.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My guy said it would take a few weeks to get parts but it was only one until he had them.
I think it’s odd to require half up front. Wonder if they get that many flakes.

Yeah....we do get THAT many flakes in the auto repair business.... and consumers think we can "afford" the hit caused by keeping open a slot of time for someone, then telling others "No, That time's taken", only to have the first one stand us up and cost us money.... which is what we're in the business for; meanwhile, our creditors, just like everyone else's don't give a ******'s damn about excuses for not paying our debts which are always there.... JUST like everyone else's!

Look at what doctors are doing nowadays! My Cardiologist charges 200 dollars if you miss a procedure or 100 if you flake out on an appointment for exam..... and I don't blame him or any of them ONE BIT!

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well I understand because if someone cancels, they are stuck with parts they paid for. I am with Bldrinker in that it does make me as a customer uncomfortable giving $1500 (what I chose to give) up front and them still not having a my parts a week and a half later.

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I know he has his parts, but I am also referring to not having the work done till weeks after paying a lot of money.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I understand because if someone cancels, they are stuck with parts they paid for. I am with Bldrinker in that it does make me as a customer uncomfortable giving $1500 (what I chose to give) up front and them still not having a my parts a week and a half later.

Yup

Last edited:

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I find it humorous your last few posts have offered nothing of value and only appear to be weak attempts at starting debates.

OP
OP
B

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I find it humorous your last few posts have offered nothing of value and only appear to be weak attempts at starting debates.

Clearly an angry old man that likes exclamation points!!!!

wonder if he talks to his customers like that!

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Clearly an angry old man that likes exclamation points!!!!

wonder if he talks to his customers like that!
I can only speculate he felt we were talking badly about the shop when we expressed concerns. I wish him well and I look forward to us having our trucks done brother.

OP
OP
B

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can only speculate he felt we were talking badly about the shop when we expressed concerns. I wish him well and I look forward to us having our trucks done brother.
I’m
It’s all good fun. I’m hoping I have my truck back this time next week. Not holding my breath.

I do get to pick up my trailer tommorow been at the dealer for 2 months.

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I am hoping you have it back too so I can schedule my appointment haha.