AlfaOBD Support For 06~12 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Change Odometer from km to miles?

I have a 2010 2500 Laramie Mega Cab Hemi from Canada, It was imported to the US several years ago, but the Odometer is still in KM. Can AlfaOBD change the odometer to miles? Maybe something with country code? Has anyone done this or have a reference to someone who has? I haven't been able to find any reference to this on the dodge/ram forums or through numerous google searches.
I realize I can change "units" for the tripmeter, fuel economy, etc. with EVIC, but am looking to change the odometer, which does not change when you change the "units" on the EVIC.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Change Odometer from km to miles?

I have a 2010 2500 Laramie Mega Cab Hemi from Canada, It was imported to the US several years ago, but the Odometer is still in KM. Can AlfaOBD change the odometer to miles? Maybe something with country code? Has anyone done this or have a reference to someone who has? I haven't been able to find any reference to this on the dodge/ram forums or through numerous google searches.
I realize I can change "units" for the tripmeter, fuel economy, etc. with EVIC, but am looking to change the odometer, which does not change when you change the "units" on the EVIC.

You'd be better off buying a used American cluster and programming the mileage to your truck. But I don't think mileage correction works on 06-12 truck's. I'm not sure if that's something he's working on or not.

I'm not sure if changing the country code would change anything in the cluster. It may cause a whole bunch of problems by changing it. I know people have accidentally changed it on some 13+ trucks and it changes a lot of things and sets codes off

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
You'd be better off buying a used American cluster and programming the mileage to your truck. But I don't think mileage correction works on 06-12 truck's. I'm not sure if that's something he's working on or not.

I'm not sure if changing the country code would change anything in the cluster. It may cause a whole bunch of problems by changing it. I know people have accidentally changed it on some 13+ trucks and it changes a lot of things and sets codes off

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Thanks!

I just found a (MPH) cluster on ebay that has about 1k more miles than mine, I will switch it out when I reach that mileage. It is $100 with shipping. If I used my original cluster, I was going to have to figure out how to change the Odo from km to miles, but I also was going to have to get a new overlay with MPH speedo, to do it right. The overlay would have been $60-150, so really the used gauge is actually probably the most economical option, and I don't risk screwing up the truck computers with changing country code...

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes - I used it to add uConnect and the steering wheel audio controls to my sons truck, 2012 2500, no problems at all
Where is the option to configure the steering wheel buttons?
I have a 2011 an would like map a existing button as voice Button?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Where is the option to configure the steering wheel buttons?
I have a 2011 an would like map a existing button as voice Button?

I don't recall seeing any option to actually configure the buttons. If i remember correctly it was either "present" or "not present".

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for your reply, do you remember where the option can be found?

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys,
Just some further details to disable TPMS and turn the f.....g light off for a 2012 RAM 1500 with 5.7 l Hemi.

1 Connect to Body computer selecting Central Gateway Module MY2006-2012
2 When connected, select active diagnosis (the icon with a car on the lower right corner)
3 Select Change car configuration (the last one on the list)
4 Select vehicle tech config2 Tire Pressure System
5 Set it to unset and hit start
6 Done : no more light and no more chime.

mike graves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have an 2011 st has anyone added keyless entry, i have power windows and locks guess its the same module

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I have an 2011 st has anyone added keyless entry, i have power windows and locks guess its the same module
I'm not sure on 4th gens, but on 3rd gens the keyless entry is a separate module plugged into the back of the cluster. It looks like a pack of batteries. For 4th gens it may be similar (or not, idk)

Reaction score
Ram Year
'11
Engine
6.7L ISB
I know it has been done, I do not know if it has been done with Alfa. You have to change the ignition module if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mike graves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you go to the dealer all they do is add the sales code, the st with power locks and windows uses the same win module, just didnt know if anyone has done it with alfaob

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello from Germany,

i have an 2011 Laramie and did the following settings via AlfaOBD and MX Adapter to enable DRL but no DRL coming up when engine is started and D enabled?
Are the some more settings to enable?
I have the standard quad and fog lights installed.

BCM
DRL configuration - set to optional
DRL lamp location - set fo fog lights
DRL dropout enabled - set to yes

Thanks for help

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another question:

Is it possible to configure the Coming-/Leaving-Home function?
e.g. to enable the fog lights not high or low beam, and enable reverse light ?
Also for lock or onlock the car.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Hello from Germany,

i have an 2011 Laramie and did the following settings via AlfaOBD and MX Adapter to enable DRL but no DRL coming up when engine is started and D enabled?

BCM

Thanks for help

There is a customer service menu entry to give you the option to control them off and on. If you want them all the time set DRL configuration to Canada instead.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for your reply, but i can't find a cust menue in the configuration settings?

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Hello from Germany,

BCM

Thanks for help
On my canadian market 2010 2500, which has DRL, it comes on when light switch is off, trans in "D", and parking brake off. This is how it is stock, have done nothing with alfaobd. Maybe you need to take the parking brake off and it might work?

Blazerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm normally not using the Parking Brake.
I think there must be one setting which was not configured?

Or my RAM has an other Software?
The RAM was shipped directly to Germany, it's an export car.

I will post screenshots of my settings today.