AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently installed a 2016 7 inch cluster in my 2015 Express. It seems to be working fine except it always reverts back to the Tire pressure screen upon startup. The TPMS works, correct readings are shown on the dash. Is there an upper threshold that may be causing this? I have E rated tires that are wider than stock, is the screen popping up because there is roughly 48 lbs per tire?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have a 14 with the BASIC dash and my DIC does the same thing always has tire pressure has NOTHING to do with it
I assume it is earlier software versions as newer trucks do NOT do that and stay on the last screen it was on

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 14 with the BASIC dash and my DIC does the same thing always has tire pressure has NOTHING to do with it
I assume it is earlier software versions as newer trucks do NOT do that and stay on the last screen it was on
My 14 with the 3.5 dash will stay on the speedo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I actually had this happen with the stock 3.5" screen my truck came with and it was annoying. When I installed the 7" it stopped happening.

I have a 14 with the BASIC dash and my DIC does the same thing always has tire pressure has NOTHING to do with it. I assume it is earlier software versions as newer trucks do NOT do that and stay on the last screen it was on

My 14 with the 3.5 dash will stay on the speedo.

My '14, (Oct '14 manufacture date) did the same thing wiht the 3.5 EVIC it originaly had. Came up on the TPMS screen no matter what I did, including various "resets" and at least one BCM flash for a non-EVIC related TSB. When I switched to a 7" EVIC, also out of a '14 (unknown manufacture date) it started behaving normally and going back to the screen it was left on.

-K

rexdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks Rick, I'll try those things and hope for the best. I forgot to add that the "P" blinks when in park, not sure if that has anything to do with anything else but my wife's Grand Cherokee doesn't do that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Just my luck I get everything and still can't get the tpms to change I keep getting the error saying failed. Invalid security key. I got the code from the dealership thought it might be wrong so I paid for the Chrysler pin puller 15 dollars same code as the dealership. Can anyone help or has anyone ran into this issue?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
what happened to the dump bcm function? now I can only get the change log and not the entire BCM

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, it is nothing to worry about. I got this as well since I am using the cargo cam input for my front cam. It is because your LIN is not connected. The OEM cargo cam has a wire for the LIN (not sure which pin/location).

Thanks Ghost_Ram, that's what I thought, just figured I'd ask to be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Just my luck I get everything and still can't get the tpms to change I keep getting the error saying failed. Invalid security key. I got the code from the dealership thought it might be wrong so I paid for the Chrysler pin puller 15 dollars same code as the dealership. Can anyone help or has anyone ran into this issue?

Bump.. Anyone had this issue?

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Ram-engineer

What OBD adapter and what AlfaOBD version are you using? PC or Android?

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Ram-engineer

What OBD adapter and what AlfaOBD version are you using? PC or Android?
I'm using the mx adapter and I have the security bypass on as well. Alfaobd version is 4.6 I think.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm using the mx adapter and I have the security bypass on as well. Alfaobd version is 4.6 I think.

I had problems with windows. Are you using android cause that’s the only version that would let me reset and access the RF hub with the code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I had problems with windows. Are you using android cause that’s the only version that would let me reset and access the RF hub with the code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I'm using android my s4 tablet.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD

MX should be good unless someone has a further suggestion there. I know my MX works great on my ‘15 with either PC or Android.

Current versions of AlfaOBD are 2.1.6.7 for Android and 2.0.7.0 for PC. Confirm that you have the newest in case this was an issue in an older version.

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
MX should be good unless someone has a further suggestion there. I know my MX works great on my ‘15 with either PC or Android.

Current versions of AlfaOBD are 2.1.6.7 for Android and 2.0.7.0 for PC. Confirm that you have the newest in case this was an issue in an older version.
Right after dinner I'll check it out I was looking at the version from the play store that I installed and paid.

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4

Looks like 2.1.6.65d773ed2bcd142b3bd263b058effccf8.jpg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine doesn't show up in the play store to update or even to search for it.

2.1.6.6 is the latest version so you are up to date. As long as your last update shows it was March 10th on the Google play store there is no update available.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
2.1.6.6 is the latest version so you are up to date. As long as your last update shows it was March 10th on the Google play store there is no update available.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
So is it an issue with the latest version then? I tried it again on a 15 and got the same error code

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Might need to send a debug log to Alexey so the issue can be sorted out. Others have used older known working versions but I cant vouch for that. I used AppMonster to back up old apps but it stopped working before I got the Android version of Alfa so I am also stuck with the latest revision. Fortunately it is still working to make changes not involving the the RF Hub.