AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I need urgent help please. I removed the OEM remote start without disabling anything in the bcm and my truck would not start no dash lights nothing. I re installed the remote start and still nothing after locking my doors with the door switch now my alarm is going off if my batteries are hooked up and I cannot turn it off because my key fobs will not work either. Any ideas??

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start, Single Zone ATC

Did you get this figured out? The oem remote start is built into the rf hub. Did you replace it? Other than programming on 17's it just the hood latch and 1 wire

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you get this figured out? The oem remote start is built into the rf hub. Did you replace it? Other than programming on 17's it just the hood latch and 1 wire

Unfortunately my truck is still a paperweight I'm not figuring anything out. I added the hood latch & pin #11 in BCM back in October remote start worked great but I figured I would remove latch and wire to BCM that came with Mopar remote start kit but now the truck won't hardly do anything

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start, Single Zone ATC

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Unfortunately my truck is still a paperweight I'm not figuring anything out. I added the hood latch & pin #11 in BCM back in October remote start worked great but I figured I would remove latch and wire to BCM that came with Mopar remote start kit but now the truck won't hardly do anything

I'd try going into the bcm and disable the remote start. And possibly change the hood latch setting if you haven't already

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'd try going into the bcm and disable the remote start. And possibly change the hood latch setting if you haven't already

Unfortunately my Alpha OBD will not connect to the bcm after this whole fiasco I'm only able to connect to the radio frequency hub I've tried connecting to the bcm a couple times and it just says attempting 1..2..3..4 and will never connect

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Unfortunately my Alpha OBD will not connect to the bcm after this whole fiasco I'm only able to connect to the radio frequency hub I've tried connecting to the bcm a couple times and it just says attempting 1..2..3..4 and will never connect

BCM is offline with can bus. Did you disconnect ANY other connectors at all besides the C1 connector on the BCM (the upper left connector that contains the hood latch wire)? EVEN IF you don’t even plug in the C1 connector into the BCM, the truck will start and run, and the BCM can be connected to.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I had f'd up one time and did not securely seat before I latched the C1 connector while playing around with the 11 pin. The truck was totally dead or would not start iirc and I freaked. I pulled it all the way out checked for bent pins, reconnected/latched it and all was good. Good luck and be as calm as you can be, there isn't a better place in the RAM world to ask for help than here at the Forum.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had f'd up one time and did not securely seat before I latched the C1 connector while playing around with the 11 pin. The truck was totally dead or would not start iirc and I freaked. I pulled it all the way out checked for bent pins, reconnected/latched it and all was good. Good luck and be as calm as you can be, there isn't a better place in the RAM world to ask for help than here at the Forum.
I will go check my connections again but it felt as if pin 11 was secure. Pin 11 is the only one I had unpinned for sure though

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm doing my best at staying calm but pretty frustrated I didn't just leave it on there lol. I greatly appreciate all the help everyone is always very helpful on here I'm just trying to avoid having to take it to a dealer

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Triple checked that pin 11 was seated correctly and no other pins are removed still no luck

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
BCM is offline with can bus. Did you disconnect ANY other connectors at all besides the C1 connector on the BCM (the upper left connector that contains the hood latch wire)? EVEN IF you don’t even plug in the C1 connector into the BCM, the truck will start and run, and the BCM can be connected to.
Actually the bottom left connector on the bcm I disconnected last night thinking it might give me more room to work but that was done while my batteries were unhooked

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Actually the bottom left connector on the bcm I disconnected last night thinking it might give me more room to work but that was done while my batteries were unhooked

That’s the C5 connector, and carries can bus wires and ignition/run starter control. It’s something with this connector that would cause the truck not to start and AlfaOBD not to connect to the BCM. Nothing in the C1 connector would cause this behavior. Unplug C5, reseat it, and re-latch it.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That’s the C5 connector, and carries can bus wires and ignition/run starter control. It’s something with this connector that would cause the truck not to start and AlfaOBD not to connect to the BCM. Nothing in the C1 connector would cause this behavior. Unplug C5, reseat it, and re-latch it.
I would buy you dinner right now if you were in Springfield MO I swear! I unplugged the C5 connector per your recommendation and reseated it now all is great again my God I cannot thank you enough!!!!![emoji120]

vdemarco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So does it work with a 2020 if i get the security bypass cable? would like to buy alphaodb at some point.

GErAlDnT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys,

Just learned about this program today, but I was able to get it to work with a bluetooth OBD code reader I picked up years ago to read and clear codes from cars. Already have done the fog dropout disable upgrade and the windows down on key fob (and up even though it doesn't work).

From what searching I have done it does not look like its possible, but does anyone here think it would be possible to adjust the temperature threshold which turns on the electric fan? I want to do an electric V6 fan and remove my mechanical fan, but would like to lower the threshold to 180-190 deg F rather than the stock 212-220 deg F. From what I have researched this value can be changed in the PCM, which I believe this app cannot modify (pretty sure it mandatory requires a tuner / PCM unlock). If anyone can confirm this that would be awesome, or if anyone has any thoughts on how to modify it I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks to everyone who has been supporting this program as it is a huge help to anyone trying to do any mod to their truck. I already have plans for much more, some including: Aux switches, DRL in menu, Auto climate control, and more

GErAlDnT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys,

Just learned about this program today, but I was able to get it to work with a bluetooth OBD code reader I picked up years ago to read and clear codes from cars. Already have done the fog dropout disable upgrade and the windows down on key fob (and up even though it doesn't work).

From what searching I have done it does not look like its possible, but does anyone here think it would be possible to adjust the temperature threshold which turns on the electric fan? I want to do an electric V6 fan and remove my mechanical fan, but would like to lower the threshold to 180-190 deg F rather than the stock 212-220 deg F. From what I have researched this value can be changed in the PCM, which I believe this app cannot modify (pretty sure it mandatory requires a tuner / PCM unlock). If anyone can confirm this that would be awesome, or if anyone has any thoughts on how to modify it I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks to everyone who has been supporting this program as it is a huge help to anyone trying to do any mod to their truck. I already have plans for much more, some including: Aux switches, DRL in menu, Auto climate control, and more

GErAlDnT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone used alfaOBD to make the E fan turn on at 180°?? Wanting to know if its possible with the alphaOBD on a 2015 ram

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone used alfaOBD to make the E fan turn on at 180°?? Wanting to know if its possible with the alphaOBD on a 2015 ram

AFAIK the fan-on temp is only controllable through a flash of the ECU. Its not a setting, its hardcoded into the ECU firmware.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Bump, interested in the answer...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I believe I've seen a couple people do it over on cumminsforum. Could have swore I saw someone on here within the week use it. Said it only took like 30 seconds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500