Any complaints on your rebel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonnyjliss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i keep getting a bunch of skipping and **** with my bluetooth... its not my phone i have other vehicals where it works perfectly and never skips

spiG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
On my Hellcat I had that same skipping but worked fine for every other vehicle I used it in. Think it's a dodge thing

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After 54,000-odd miles on my one-owner '16, I'm still pretty happy about it. It has a ever-so-slight list to the driver's side that my local Ram dealer says the air suspension is still in spec, but you'd have to be pretty **** to notice it. It has done everything I've needed to do so far, but now that we're landowners, I may need to upgrade to 2500 for the payload and towing capacity. I hate to get rid of it, but I'd otherwise be forced to make several small trips that could otherwise be done in one.

As for the "goofy" tire prints, they almost disappear after awhile from use anyway!

TXCOMT

bonnyjliss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my Hellcat I had that same skipping but worked fine for every other vehicle I used it in. Think it's a dodge thing

i got a new phone (not because of this issue) but it doesn't skip anymore. not sure why my phone skipped with uconnect and no other bluetooth headphones or speakers.... but the new phone works with it without any problems.

fbeau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I have a 2017 Rebel, my problem is the off road suspension setting. The truck lowers at 25 mph which is a problem for my kind of off road use “ mud snow etc” this does not make sense, is there anyway to delete this feature from the air ride???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2017 Rebel, my problem is the off road suspension setting. The truck lowers at 25 mph which is a problem for my kind of off road use “ mud snow etc” this does not make sense, is there anyway to delete this feature from the air ride???

I really don’t think there is. I mean, you might get those guys on here that are really fluent with that Alpha OBD thing but, I don’t think you can change it from doing that. I asked one of them through PM who was plenty savvy, one time about if it’d be possible to have my Limited work like your Rebel does so that my normal ride-height would be the same as yours and he didn’t think it was possible.

Your normal ride height is my off-road 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fbeau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I really don’t think there is. I mean, you might get those guys on here that are really fluent with that Alpha OBD thing but, I don’t think you can change it from doing that. I asked one of them through PM who was plenty savvy, one time about if it’d be possible to have my Limited work like your Rebel does so that my normal ride-height would be the same as yours and he didn’t think it was possible.

Your normal ride height is my off-road 1.

It’s probably not a good idea to mess with stuff like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s probably not a good idea to mess with stuff like that.

Egh, I would think stuff like that would be ok, I just don’t agree with modifying the system with those aftermarket front links to level out the truck. That’s just tricking the system to do stuff it wasn’t designed to do.

Keeping the system from staying aired up in off-road mode over 25mph is just a fuel mileage thing for them kinda like how they don’t want you to disable the MDS or delete your active grille shutters- which you don’t have anyway because yours is the rebel. Same goes with the 20-weight engine oil. All that **** combined is what allows them to satisfy the bean counters at the EPA.

fbeau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Ok my other complaint is not the truck however the Toyos that they put on the Rebels in 17 wear extremely well but they make the truck ride like a stoneboat “ old Saskatchewan term for rough” lots of ice and snow and the Toyos are so hard they compromise traction . The Duratracs are softer and don’t wear as good but much better for ride and traction.please advise?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok my other complaint is not the truck however the Toyos that they put on the Rebels in 17 wear extremely well but they make the truck ride like a stoneboat “ old Saskatchewan term for rough” lots of ice and snow and the Toyos are so hard they compromise traction . The Duratracs are softer and don’t wear as good but much better for ride and traction.please advise?

That’s because if I’m not mistaken, FCA figured that just because there are a few minor off-road-worthy differences between the Rebel and anything else that they figured they needed to come stock with rock-hard LT, 8 or 10 ply tires.

fbeau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
That’s because if I’m not mistaken, FCA figured that just because there are a few minor off-road-worthy differences between the Rebel and anything else that they figured they needed to come stock with rock-hard LT, 8 or 10 ply tires.

Yes brother my problem the Rebel is a nice truck but not suited to the worst Saskatchewan can throw at us, I love driving it but when the **** hits the fan up here you need a Power Wagon.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes brother my problem the Rebel is a nice truck but not suited to the worst Saskatchewan can throw at us, I love driving it but when the **** hits the fan up here you need a Power Wagon.

You can make it better-suited.

bullinthehouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The cover on my driver’s side seat is coming off it was like that since day one Anybody else have this problem ?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The cover on my driver’s side seat is coming off it was like that since day one Anybody else have this problem ?

What cover? Unless the rebel seats are unique to the rebel, I don’t think that problem would be just to that trim pickup.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What cover? Unless the rebel seats are unique to the rebel, I don’t think that problem would be just to that trim pickup.
The seats in a Rebel are unique as they have a tire tread pattern and Rebel logo on them

bullinthehouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Corneileous , at the bottom of my driver and passenger seats there are black clips that hold the covers on the frame
That’s what’s coming off
It’s caused by a really big person sitting on the edge of the seat and then sliding in and across and it unhooked the clips

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The seats in a Rebel are unique as they have a tire tread pattern and Rebel logo on them

I automatically assumed at first he was talking about a plastic trim piece- to which would be the same as any other Ram seat.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Corneileous , at the bottom of my driver and passenger seats there are black clips that hold the covers on the frame
That’s what’s coming off
It’s caused by a really big person sitting on the edge of the seat and then sliding in and across and it unhooked the clips

Are you talking about a plastic trim piece, or are you talking about the seat cover clips?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963