Black Rim Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, looking for opinions/experiences on the following rims.
Top is Fuel Formula, middle **** Depek DC Matrix, and the honourable mention Procomp 5050. Haven't been able to really find anyone running either on a Ram. I know Fuel are pretty popular and good quality from what I hear, not sure about the other two, as far as their rims go. Last one is MKW M88, which I haven't heard of at all before.

As you can probably tell I'm looking for a pretty much completely matte black rim, which is harder to find than you'd expect. Well at least for something that still looks decent and has specs that are close to what I'm after.

Whichever I go with will be paired with 325/60r20 meats. I'd like to avoid spacers and the Fuels have the most favourable aggressive stance of 20x10, -18 offset, whereas the other three are 20x9, - 12 offset (still better than the 20x9, 0 offsets I'm running now). I'm just not sure if the 10 skinny spoke look of the Fuels would look decent on a lifted truck? Thoughts/comments appreciated. And if anyone is actually running either and have pictures even better!

Attachments

• Fuel-D559-Formula-1.jpg
    Fuel-D559-Formula-1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 97
  • sema-2014-****-cepek-tires-wheels-new-products-target-sportsmen1.jpg
    sema-2014-****-cepek-tires-wheels-new-products-target-sportsmen1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 3208.jpg
    3208.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 2016-01-11-01-24-08-2103424404.jpg
    2016-01-11-01-24-08-2103424404.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never mind. See that you wanted matte black.
What color is your truck?

Last edited:

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Moto metal 962s are nice even though they are not matte. I had v-Tec raptors on an old truck and my black express package came with matte black. Kind of over the matte black personally, but it's your choice. My wheels now are not matte as I wanted it to match the trucks paint. Good luck with your search, as you have found matte wheels are few and far between compared to polished black.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear ya man. I've got a few other matte accents (headlights, badges, hood centre, grille cross hairs) so I think it'll work for what I'm going for.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My vote not that it really matters lol is for those DC wheels. Especially if you'll be lifting the truck.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I usually prefer deep dish wheels but those DC's are pretty sweet.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well with that in mind, I would definitely do the DC wheels.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Don't forget, you owe us photos once they've been installed. :)

jvoid4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like those DC.
What site are you using?

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My vote not that it really matters lol is for those DC wheels. Especially if you'll be lifting the truck.

Hey Smoothee! I'm voting for the DC's as well. I just like the look of them the best.

Adam

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm biased on the fuel rims because I liked those as well.. But I wanted 0mm offset. With that said, DCs look nice too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I vote DC. Only because they are the most BROTruck of them all and since your truck lifted on meats and going for black on black you don't want some ******* coming up to you saying (in the most BROish voice you know) "BRO, do you even Truck!?!"

Man woldn't that just suck.

Egor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fuel is pricey but the quality is definitely there just bought a set of assaults and put them on my black 2011

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't forget, you owe us photos once they've been installed. :)

Will do! But it's gonna be a while, still don't have my new winter setup mounted yet, lol. Just trying to have everything decided when the time does come.

I like those DC.
What site are you using?

No site in particular, just pretty much searched them all to find some options that fit the bill. Then I'll go from there as far as finding the best deal once I do decide.

Hey Smoothee! I'm voting for the DC's as well. I just like the look of them the best.

Adam

Hey man, yeah the DC's seem to be getting the most love out of what I posted. Surprised I haven't seen them before. Do you have that lift on yet? :grd:

I'm biased on the fuel rims because I liked those as well.. But I wanted 0mm offset. With that said, DCs look nice too!

Yeah I'm still digging those Fuels too. Gonna be a tough call I think. Found some pics of the MKW's on a few Rams and I like the simplicity of them too. Damn!

Fuel is pricey but the quality is definitely there just bought a set of assaults and put them on my black 2011

Nice! Fuel are real popular for sure and I've yet to hear anything negative.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i vote dc. Only because they are the most brotruck of them all and since your truck lifted on meats and going for black on black you don't want some ******* coming up to you saying (in the most broish voice you know) "bro, do you even truck!?!"

man woldn't that just suck.

bro dude bro

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey man, yeah the DC's seem to be getting the most love out of what I posted. Surprised I haven't seen them before. Do you have that lift on yet? :grd:

Nah not yet. Waiting on the tax return. But I did order the Bilsteins and am getting all of my quotes in line to see who I'm going to pull the trigger with on the lift, wheels and tires. I'm definitely getting the wheels/tires from Mrwheeldeal for sure. Still working on the lift. :)

Adam

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nah not yet. Waiting on the tax return. But I did order the Bilsteins and am getting all of my quotes in line to see who I'm going to pull the trigger with on the lift, wheels and tires. I'm definitely getting the wheels/tires from Mrwheeldeal for sure. Still working on the lift. :)

Adam

Smart move, the wait is the hardest part. Should look pretty slick when you're done.