Do Not order from retrofit source!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered halogen to projector adaptor harnesses, and passenger side works fine, but when i plug the factory green plug into the adaptor without the resistor (or whatever it's called) i have no headlights.
I am using factory own projector headlights.
I have not even been able to speak to anyone when I call retrofit source, and have left multiple emails...with zero responses.
If your going to order anything retro, order directly from Jeremy at retroshop.
He answered all of my calls, and emails.
But it turns out, i didn't buy them from him directly.
**** poor production you ask me for how much they cost.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
trs had notices on fb that they will be closed from 4th to the 7th.
they also have posted they are having issues with phones and internet since moving to the new location and new internet provider there.

so before bashing a company, research a bit.
Matt at TRS stands behind his products, he and his staff will always make it right for thier customers

Triumphx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never had an issue with them and I’ve been using their products for years on numerous vehicles.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered halogen to projector adaptor harnesses, and passenger side works fine, but when i plug the factory green plug into the adaptor without the resistor (or whatever it's called) i have no headlights.
I have not even been able to speak to anyone when I call retrofit source, and have left multiple emails...with zero responses.
I had some issues with them and they immediately stepped up and went above and beyond. Give it a day or two now that the holidays are over, I’m sure they will make things right.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Which company did you order the projector adapters from? https://www.ramforum.com/threads/need-help-with-ddm-hid-and-rs-projector-harness.144928/

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
trs had notices on fb that they will be closed from 4th to the 7th.
they also have posted they are having issues with phones and internet since moving to the new location and new internet provider there.

so before bashing a company, research a bit.
Matt at TRS stands behind his products, he and his staff will always make it right for their customers

No me not being able to drive my truck is a problem. 7 days It has been with no response. Projector harness is getting power, but not sending it to the headlights...on either side. They could at least answer emails. Very poor customer service for their size. They aren't a small company.

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I went with morimoto LED headlights and no issues what so ever. I only talked, and asked questions when I called the retro shop, Jeremy sounded real nice and all, but I didn't care to much for the prices, and I figured if I were going to spend the cash I was going to go all LED throughout the entire truck inside and out. And this is the result.IMG_20190628_203648.jpg

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IIRC they were also switching to a bigger location to, that and being a holiday week I’m sure that could be the reason for delay..

This is a situation where it’s always smart to have spare parts such as an extra ballast, bulbs, relays or hell even your old set of headlights somewhat close Incase u needed to swap one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

I have ordered over $10k worth of products from The Retrofit Source (i have a retrofit company) and i have had a few products either DOA or broke during installation and every single time something happened, i called TRS and within minutes i had a new replacement being sent to me. They are amazing with their customer service and i couldnt give a company a higher rating for customer service.

You need to relax and not jump straight to bashing a company online when you are probably hooking up the adapter wrong. You stated that when you plug the adapter into your truck without the resistors that the headlights dont work.... ummm.... the resistor is needed for the headlights to work, its why its on the adapter lol. So it sounds like it is user error, and even if it is an issue with the adapter, you cant blame TRS. When manufacuring products like that at the quantity they are making and the pace they sell those adapters, there are bound to be a couple here and there that have something wrong with them. Its just how it goes.

I just dont understand how someone can have an issue with a product and bash the company for not answering emails or phone calls, when if they had just taken 2 minutes to look at their Facebook page or their Instagram page then they would have seen that TRS has posted multiple times that they would be closed from the 4th to the 7th. But no, instead you just come onto a forum with thousands of happy TRS customers and bash a company over a plug/wire problem.

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with morimoto LED headlights and no issues what so ever. I only talked, and asked questions when I called the retro shop, Jeremy sounded real nice and all, but I didn't care to much for the prices, and I figured if I were going to spend the cash I was going to go all LED throughout the entire truck inside and out. And this is the result.View attachment 172539
I have the same lights from morimoto. Are yours sequential?
Nice truck!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
No me not being able to drive my truck is a problem. 7 days It has been with no response. Projector harness is getting power, but not sending it to the headlights...on either side. They could at least answer emails. Very poor customer service for their size. They aren't a small company.
Apparently you failed to read what I wrote along with a couple other people rating they were switching to a new location they're also have an internet and phone issues in case you haven't realized emails are done over internet so there's good reason why they may not be contacting you not to mention you're probably not the only one having an issue considering they have thousands of customers

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have ordered over $10k worth of products from The Retrofit Source (i have a retrofit company) and i have had a few products either DOA or broke during installation and every single time something happened, i called TRS and within minutes i had a new replacement being sent to me. They are amazing with their customer service and i couldnt give a company a higher rating for customer service.

You need to relax and not jump straight to bashing a company online when you are probably hooking up the adapter wrong. You stated that when you plug the adapter into your truck without the resistors that the headlights dont work.... ummm.... the resistor is needed for the headlights to work, its why its on the adapter lol. So it sounds like it is user error, and even if it is an issue with the adapter, you cant blame TRS. When manufacuring products like that at the quantity they are making and the pace they sell those adapters, there are bound to be a couple here and there that have something wrong with them. Its just how it goes.

I just dont understand how someone can have an issue with a product and bash the company for not answering emails or phone calls, when if they had just taken 2 minutes to look at their Facebook page or their Instagram page then they would have seen that TRS has posted multiple times that they would be closed from the 4th to the 7th. But no, instead you just come onto a forum with thousands of happy TRS customers and bash a company over a plug/wire problem.
Your experience will be different. There are companies that buy hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars worth of product from suppliers in all sorts of different industries.

And guess what? No matter what the product/business, they’ll get better treatment than the guy buying a single $200 part. It’s the nature of business...so you discredited the comparison from the get-go.

Nowwwwwwwww, I also agree with the guys saying to cut them slack due to moving locations and the holiday. That’s a pretty legitimate excuse for the time being lol.

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I messaged them today via live chat asking about the ram xb lights they have posted in closeout... only waited like 15 minutes in queue maybe try them that way.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They actually called me today, and tried to get me to switch bulbs, harnesses, and all kinds of crap.
I flat out told them I want a new set and will mail back the Vietnamese junk harnesses back, or refund me my money.
When you run a business, you need someone to take calls while you are gone.
Won't ever buy anything from any retro company.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Appa
Apparently you failed to read what I wrote along with a couple other people rating they were switching to a new location they're also have an internet and phone issues in case you haven't realized emails are done over internet so there's good reason why they may not be contacting you not to mention you're probably not the only one having an issue considering they have thousands of customers

Apparently you failed to read I have not had headlights for 7 days.
There is no excuse for not having a secretary field calls during the move.
I honestly don't care what their excuse is. The projector harnesses are junk.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Appa

I honestly don't care what their excuse is. The projector harnesses dont w
Your experience will be different. There are companies that buy hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars worth of product from suppliers in all sorts of different industries.

And guess what? No matter what the product/business, they’ll get better treatment than the guy buying a single $200 part. It’s the nature of business...so you discredited the comparison from the get-go.

Nowwwwwwwww, I also agree with the guys saying to cut them slack due to moving locations and the holiday. That’s a pretty legitimate excuse for the time being lol.
plain and simple...I should have bought them from Jeremy.
*** retrofit source or what ever the hell it's called.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Appa

I honestly don't care what their excuse is. The projector harnesses dont w

plain and simple...I should have bought them from Jeremy.
*** retrofit source or what ever the hell it's called.
You have got to be about the most dense person I've ever talked to. Multiple times we have mentioned they moved to a new location they also had internet and phone issues you clearly do not understand how the internet works their phone happens to be an IP phone system over the Internet when the internet's down they have no phone they have no internet.
You had no headlights for 7 days, that's not their issue that you chose to do your retrofit on a holiday weekend for those days they even said they were closed I'm not sure how they're supposed to help you when they issued a statement saying they were closed on four of those days.
Is your vehicle a daily driver? If it is most normal people will plan to either have the vehicle set aside or they will have an alternate Set of Lights to use while doing a retrofit it's common sense that's not the business is problem that you don't have a vehicle with headlights on at well doing the retrofit they're selling you the parts you had an issue with one that happens deal with it but not like a whiny bitc* the way you've been doing it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat