Do Not order from retrofit source!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Little confused on this unless he originally had quads & installed the harness for stock projectors.
Maybe that's what he meant when saying halogen to stock projector harness.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered halogen to projector adaptor harnesses, and passenger side works fine, but when i plug the factory green plug into the adaptor without the resistor (or whatever it's called) i have no headlights.
I am using factory own projector headlights.
I have not even been able to speak to anyone when I call retrofit source, and have left multiple emails...with zero responses.
If your going to order anything retro, order directly from Jeremy at retroshop.
He answered all of my calls, and emails.
But it turns out, i didn't buy them from him directly.
**** poor production you ask me for how much they cost.

Headlight Revolution.com great company to do business with. Had a problem with a H I D ballast, got a new one in the mail in 3 days

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
trs had notices on fb that they will be closed from 4th to the 7th.
they also have posted they are having issues with phones and internet since moving to the new location and new internet provider there.

so before bashing a company, research a bit.
Matt at TRS stands behind his products, he and his staff will always make it right for thier customers
sounds like your working for them

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have ordered over $10k worth of products from The Retrofit Source (i have a retrofit company) and i have had a few products either DOA or broke during installation and every single time something happened, i called TRS and within minutes i had a new replacement being sent to me. They are amazing with their customer service and i couldnt give a company a higher rating for customer service.

You need to relax and not jump straight to bashing a company online when you are probably hooking up the adapter wrong. You stated that when you plug the adapter into your truck without the resistors that the headlights dont work.... ummm.... the resistor is needed for the headlights to work, its why its on the adapter lol. So it sounds like it is user error, and even if it is an issue with the adapter, you cant blame TRS. When manufacuring products like that at the quantity they are making and the pace they sell those adapters, there are bound to be a couple here and there that have something wrong with them. Its just how it goes.

I just dont understand how someone can have an issue with a product and bash the company for not answering emails or phone calls, when if they had just taken 2 minutes to look at their Facebook page or their Instagram page then they would have seen that TRS has posted multiple times that they would be closed from the 4th to the 7th. But no, instead you just come onto a forum with thousands of happy TRS customers and bash a company over a plug/wire problem.

because you sell for them thats why

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Before you quit your job, make sure you have another one. Before you jump out of an airplane, make sure you have a parachute. Before you turn off your old location, make sure your new one turns on properly.....See a pattern here? A customer spends his hard-earned dollars on a product that, for whatever reason, isn't functioning properly. He tries to get support from the company he bought it from, and gets no response. He speaks up about it and what does he get? A bunch of sheeple defending the indefensible poor service of the company he bought it from. I don't care if they moved....I don't care if their internet doesn't work....I don't care if it's a holiday weekend. THAT COMPANY FAILED THE CUSTOMER. HE"S THE *****CUSTOMER*****!!!!!!!!!!!!
nailed it thats what aim thinking too

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lmao your username says you are a vet... how old are you? You seriously sound like a 16yr old “me me me” millennial lmao. You are whining and crying that you are not special and you are mad that a company was closed over a holiday weekend. God forbid they want to spend time with their family’s and gave multiple week notice they would be closed. Not to mention the issues with moving.

You seriously sound like an immature child. It’s not TRS fault you don’t have a vehicle to drive because you don’t have headlights. That’s not their fault. Everyone on these forums who plans to do a headlight build KNOWS that you ALWAYS have a set of backup headlights when doing a build because things go wrong, parts are forgotten to be ordered, things break or don’t work. It happens. It’s not TRS fault that you opened your headlights without any backup plan.

Man... I have never seen a “grown adult” who is a vet at that, cry and whine so much about something and demand that they are important and special and that a company is responsible for THEIR stupid decisions lmao. Unreal.

I can see now why you are no longer in the military. I’m guessing you would whine and cry when your gun jammed and blamed the gun manufacturers. Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what you trying to sell him more lights the guy has a beef with the company not you so why you being so tuff like a *******

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well considering I started out ordering $200-$300 orders for a few months randomly, they had no idea I was a business and no idea how much I was going to order so from the get-go when I was a customer for my personal vehicles, they have always answered my emails within 24hrs (usually sooner) and always answered when I called them.

I didn’t start ordering on a regular basis with TRS for about the first 8 months I was dealing with them. During the first 8 months I would order a single part here or there or a couple parts and I was not a wholesale/reseller account yet so to them I was just a regular customer. I experienced a couple issues during this time and every time it was handled quickly and without issue.

who cares

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
because you sell for them thats why

Lmao I don’t sell for them at all. They are my supplier for products for my customers, if I “sold for them” then I would be selling products directly for TRS, with my customers purchase being done on the TRS website through a affiliate link of some sort. I sell Morimoto and Profile products under my company’s name, TRS just so happens to be a subsidiary of Morimoto and the main supplier of their products to the US. So in order to sell Morimoto products, you must source them through TRS, as there is no option to purchase directly from Morimoto/Profile. Under your logic, any headlight company online selling Morimoto or Profile products is just selling them for TRS lol. That is not the case. Morimoto & TRS are the same company so when you order from TRS you are ordering from Morimoto.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
what you trying to sell him more lights the guy has a beef with the company not you so why you being so tuff like a *******

Please show me where in my post I tried to sell him more lights? And I would never want a customer like this OP because he has a millennial “everyone works for me and must follow what I want or I cry like a baby” attitude. And it’s spelled tough, not tuff [emoji23] and I’m not acting “tuff” I am simply pointing out how immature and childish the OP is being.

It doesn’t matter what the OP says, the way he has acted and the way he has shown how immature he is, makes anything he says invalid. For him to say “I don’t care if it’s a holiday they should have someone working 24/7 answering phone calls” is just insane and shows that he expects the world to cater to his every need. Anytime I have ever called TRS during their normal business hours, someone always answers. And no, it’s not because I purchase from them often, as I can call from any phone number and someone answers quickly. Second, my first couple orders ever from TRS I had a broken 3157 switchback bulb, just 1 was bad, and I called them and within 5 minutes they had shipped me 2 new ones, a new pair, and didn’t want the original pair back. My third order from them was about $300 worth of retrofit parts and I had ordered 4 G37R shrouds and 2 of them had defects in the chrome finish. I called TRS and on the first phone call, they had shipped out 2 new replacement ones and told me to keep the 2 with the defects.

So I don’t care what the OP says, but TRS has always stood by their products when it comes to me and anyone I know. The fact that the OP “doesn’t care” that they have moved locations and we’re having issues with their phone and internet and it was a holiday on top of everything, just shows he is looking for any reason at all to ***** and complain.

Oh and to the OP: you keep calling the harness cheap Vietnamese junk, but if you order the 13+ projector adapter from Jeremy at Retro Shop, you are going to get the exact same harness, same wires, same plugs, same everything but with a different resistor/driver. So you keep calling the one you got junk, but what you don’t realize is that Jeremy gets 50%-60% of his products from TRS and the rest from Diode Dynamics. Don’t get me wrong, I have ordered from Jeremy and his headlight builds are top tier and some of the best in the industry, but his products are sourced from the similar if not the same sources as most other retrofit shops.

[emoji106][emoji106] for retro shop and Jeremy.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please show me where in my post I tried to sell him more lights? And I would never want a customer like this OP because he has a millennial “everyone works for me and must follow what I want or I cry like a baby” attitude. And it’s spelled tough, not tuff [emoji23] and I’m not acting “tuff” I am simply pointing out how immature and childish the OP is being.

It doesn’t matter what the OP says, the way he has acted and the way he has shown how immature he is, makes anything he says invalid. For him to say “I don’t care if it’s a holiday they should have someone working 24/7 answering phone calls” is just insane and shows that he expects the world to cater to his every need. Anytime I have ever called TRS during their normal business hours, someone always answers. And no, it’s not because I purchase from them often, as I can call from any phone number and someone answers quickly. Second, my first couple orders ever from TRS I had a broken 3157 switchback bulb, just 1 was bad, and I called them and within 5 minutes they had shipped me 2 new ones, a new pair, and didn’t want the original pair back. My third order from them was about $300 worth of retrofit parts and I had ordered 4 G37R shrouds and 2 of them had defects in the chrome finish. I called TRS and on the first phone call, they had shipped out 2 new replacement ones and told me to keep the 2 with the defects.

So I don’t care what the OP says, but TRS has always stood by their products when it comes to me and anyone I know. The fact that the OP “doesn’t care” that they have moved locations and we’re having issues with their phone and internet and it was a holiday on top of everything, just shows he is looking for any reason at all to ***** and complain.

Oh and to the OP: you keep calling the harness cheap Vietnamese junk, but if you order the 13+ projector adapter from Jeremy at Retro Shop, you are going to get the exact same harness, same wires, same plugs, same everything but with a different resistor/driver. So you keep calling the one you got junk, but what you don’t realize is that Jeremy gets 50%-60% of his products from TRS and the rest from Diode Dynamics. Don’t get me wrong, I have ordered from Jeremy and his headlight builds are top tier and some of the best in the industry, but his products are sourced from the similar if not the same sources as most other retrofit shops.

[emoji106][emoji106] for retro shop and Jeremy.

In one ear, out the other. Haha.
Moral of the story...dont order directly from retrofit source.
Order from Jeremy at Retroshop.
Much better customer service.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Little confused on this unless he originally had quads & installed the harness for stock projectors.
Maybe that's what he meant when saying halogen to stock projector harness.

Correct. Originally had cheap eBay halogen projectors. Bought used factory ram projectors, and retrofit source projector harnesses.
I did not open the headlights, or do a build of any kind as "On Sale" assumed.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
I'd have to agree, back when I toyed around moding my headlights Jeremy at the Retro Shop was the way to go!

TRS has been a punching bag with complaints regarding Morimoto headlights for Ford and RAM. Otherwise I'm guessing they'd be more responsive...

Last edited:

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd have to agree, back when I toyed around moding my headlights Jeremy at Retrofit Source was the way to go!

TRS has been a punching bag with complaints regarding Morimoto headlights for Ford and RAM. Otherwise I'm guessing they'd be more responsive...
Hey jrod I like your front badge

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'd have to agree, back when I toyed around moding my headlights Jeremy at Retrofit Source was the way to go!

And, this is where the confusion with calling two separate companies the same comes in. TRS= The Retrofit Source.
Jeremy = Retro Shop- dGcWSEA.jpg

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
And, this is where the confusion with calling two separate companies the same comes in. TRS= The Retrofit Source.
Jeremy = Retro Shop- dGcWSEA.jpg

Anyone can easily confuse the two here on the forums, but why are you telling me? I'm well aware which is which.

EDIT: Disregard, I see what I did there... Fixed LOL

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
In one ear, out the other. Haha.
Moral of the story...dont order directly from retrofit source.
Order from Jeremy at Retroshop.
Much better customer service.

“In one ear, out the other. Haha”

^^ you do realize almost every reply from you, you make yourself sound like a little child throwing a temper tantrum because his little toy truck is broken lmao.

Correct. Originally had cheap eBay halogen projectors. Bought used factory ram projectors, and retrofit source projector harnesses.

Ok so if you had headlights originally on your truck, and the issue was with a harness for a new set, then why were you screaming and crying you couldn’t drive truck for a week? Are you that stupid that you didn’t put your old headlights back in until the issue with the harness was resolved?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

LMAO this dude doesnt even know which company he placed his order with? Wow... talk about stupid. Judging by his other post, he is obviously hooking stuff up wrong, and no matter how many adapters he gets from however many company's he orders from, they will continue to "be junk" because he has no clue how to hook them up.

Typical idiot who doesnt know anything about installing electronics, trys to install electronics and then blames the part and the company when it doesnt work because he has no clue what he is doing lmao.

No me not being able to drive my truck is a problem. 7 days It has been with no response. Projector harness is getting power, but not sending it to the headlights...on either side. They could at least answer emails. Very poor customer service for their size. They aren't a small company.

Appa

Apparently you failed to read I have not had headlights for 7 days.
There is no excuse for not having a secretary field calls during the move.
I honestly don't care what their excuse is. The projector harnesses are junk.

So please explain to everyone why you keep crying that you have not had a truck to drive for 7 days, and you have not had headlights for 7 days, when clearly you had your old set of headlights just sitting there, and you could have easily put them back in in under 10 minutes, but instead YOU chose to be without your truck for 7 days and YOU chose to not have headlights in your truck for 7 days. So instead of doing the thing that makes the most sense, put your old lights back in until this is fixed, you go online and make up lies and false claims against a company when i would be willing to bet money that the issue is with you not installing everything correctly and the issue is NOT with the adapter harness.

You have got to be the stupidest person I've ever come across on these forums, and quite possibly on the entire internet.