How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I can't see what year your truck is with TapTalk but it appears that setting is not present in the 2013 with the alfa tool. I can find it with the other years. My truck is a 14 so it was present when I enabled my memory seats. I'm not 100% sure but I think that setting was already enabled when I went to set it. If you have the four wires needed from the yellow drivers side seat connector two to the CAN and two to the drivers side door module you memory may work with only the two codes added. Have you tried setting the two codes you have found to see if it works?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rick....see your post #1471 in this thread, you mention the setting I am missing and you recently found it. Plus you mention you had set it before but did not take? And had to set it again?

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Yes I just looked and it's not there on the 17 either. I'm honestly not sure why it's not present. I had a hard time getting mine to work also and then it just worked. Do you have the 7" speedometer? I know the instructions in my manual to link to the the key fob were incorrect. You don't need the memory mirrors in order for the memory seats to work. Oldfarmer just enabled the memory seats in his 17 and they work fine. I sent him the 3 codes to enable it and he never mentioned one not being present when I talked to him. I will give him a call and see what I can find out. Sorry...I have to ask are you 100% sure you pinned the wires correctly? It's extremely easy to get one in the wrong slot,especially the one in the door harness.

I am pretty confident the pins are in the correct slots, yellow wire #13 went to #3 (bottom row) of the gray door connector and yellow wire #2 went to #10 (top row) in the door. I am OCD so I looked at the numbers several times before pinning. Yes it was tight working on that connector. Before I pull the door connector out again I wanted to resolve the setting issue first since it appears I do not have it set somehow since I cannot find it. Thanks for the help...........mike

And yes I do have the 7" EVIC screen.......

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No that post was when I was trying to link the memory seats to my key fob. The instructions in my factory manual were incorrect. I was leaving out a procedure. Once chrisbh17 pointed it out I was able to link to my fobs. To link to your fobs they leave out the part where you press the set button. I'm honestly stumped as to where that setting is but from reading previous posts I am thinking the memory seats were already working before I found that code and I was hoping if enabled it I would be able to link my fobs to memory. You may want to try going into your memory seat module and try clearing all seat parameters and do a standardization procedure and a self test. I am not sure if it will help you but I had done that previously when I was trying to get the memory to work before I figured out I needed to extra 2 wires. I recommend installing your mirrors before you do the standardization procedure because I think that is all part of the self test it does. I will deffinently talk to Oldfarmer and see if he found all three settings when he did his. I think he was on the previous software version back then but I just checked and I still have that setting in my ECU config#3 005ccd220f56bca89e99aa480172dd22.jpg

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Yes I have the setting on the radio and it will stay checked but the fob won't program to the memory. I found another memory code last night that I set already but I guess it still shows not set . It's in ECU config #3. I'm gonna set it today and see what happens. c5945b8ba45785fd2d8127f16c7e905c.jpg0f14012105ebca3cdfda8aa9b9be7b1c.jpg

The setting I am missing shows up for you in alpha which really has me confused. I have the same other settings under ECUConfig3 but not "ECUConfig 3 -Memory CSO"

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
No that post was when I was trying to link the memory seats to my key fob. The instructions in my factory manual were incorrect. I was leaving out a procedure. Once chrisbh17 pointed it out I was able to link to my fobs. To link to your fobs they leave out the part where you press the set button. I'm honestly stumped as to where that setting is but from reading previous posts I am thinking the memory seats were already working before I found that code and I was hoping if enabled it I would be able to link my fobs to memory. You may want to try going into your memory seat module and try clearing all seat parameters and do a standardization procedure and a self test. I am not sure if it will help you but I had done that previously when I was trying to get the memory to work before I figured out I needed to extra 2 wires. I recommend installing your mirrors before you do the standardization procedure because I think that is all part of the self test it does. I will deffinently talk to Oldfarmer and see if he found all three settings when he did his. I think he was on the previous software version back then but I just checked and I still have that setting in my ECU config#3 005ccd220f56bca89e99aa480172dd22.jpg

How do I get into the memory seat module in alpha? Is it under Driver's Seat>Heated Seat Module? OR?

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The setting I am missing shows up for you in alpha which really has me confused. I have the same other settings under ECUConfig3 but not "ECUConfig 3 -Memory CSO"
Yes but I'm almost positive my memory seats were already working when I found that setting. Since your easy exit seat works we know your CAN is communicating so we can rule that out.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do I get into the memory seat module in alpha? Is it under Driver's Seat>Heated Seat Module? OR?
Driver's seat then memory module. You will need to Scantool OBD connector or equivalent to connect to the seat module.

0011cf8d560b99264a468ea4b93269e3.jpg

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Driver's seat then memory module. You will need to Scantool OBD connector or equivalent to connect to the seat module.

0011cf8d560b99264a468ea4b93269e3.jpg

OK...got it. Please let me know if you hear back from Oldfarmer, this missing setting is confusing.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do. It's definitely strange. I'm pretty sure he would have mentioned it if he didn't see it.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just went and checked and the Ecu config#3 memory CSO setting is only available on the 2014 and 2015 trucks with the alfa tool. Deffinently strange but not sure if that's what's causing the issues.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I just went and checked and the Ecu config#3 memory CSO setting is only available on the 2014 and 2015 trucks with the alfa tool. Deffinently strange but not sure if that's what's causing the issues.

Well that explains why I do not see the setting. But brings up a couple of questions:

1) For 2016 and newer Rams there are only 2 settings for memory to set then?
2) Wonder what year Ram Oldfarmer has since he got the memory to work, if its 2016 or newer he could answer the first question
3) Since I have a regular cab I may need to pull the door panel to find out if the wiring is in place from the door connector to the door module. As you know, regular cabs have some strange/different wiring

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Well that explains why I do not see the setting. But brings up a couple of questions:

2) Wonder what year Ram Oldfarmer has since he got the memory to work, if its 2016 or newer he could answer the first question
3) Since I have a regular cab I may need to pull the door panel to find out if the wiring is in place from the door connector to the door module. As you know, regular cabs have some strange/different wiring

Mine is a 17 Quad Cab. I only had the two settings and got memory working and programmed the fob. Since you have a regular cab, definitely check to make sure the wiring is there on the other side of the door connector.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Make sure the CAN connector is seated good and clear any codes on the memory seat module. Codes on the msm were what prevented me from programming the memory.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Oldfarmer's truck is a 17. I just talked to him and he said it's been so long since he did it he can't remember for sure if there were 2 codes or 3 codes but in either case as stated by fearroyo I'm pretty sure mine worked with just the two as well. Also another thing to consider is I didn't realize your truck was a regular cab since they have a longer door maybe they have a different door harness and since memory was never an option on the sport and to the best my knowledge I cannot get a regular cab in a Laramie maybe you do not have the correct wires running to the door module. You can easily check by looking at the opposite side of the connector you pinned the wires to and see if they have a corresponding wire pinned on the other side.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Make sure the CAN connector is seated good and clear any codes on the memory seat module. Codes on the msm were what prevented me from programming the memory.

Franklin....thanks for your answers. The CANBUS connection is good since I now have Easy Exit and did not before adding the 4 wires. To clear the codes in the msm do I go to "Driver's Seat">Memory Seat Module and then to?

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Oldfarmer's truck is a 17. I just talked to him and he said it's been so long since he did it he can't remember for sure if there were 2 codes or 3 codes but in either case as stated by fearroyo I'm pretty sure mine worked with just the two as well. Also another thing to consider is I didn't realize your truck was a regular cab since they have a longer door maybe they have a different door harness and since memory was never an option on the sport and to the best my knowledge I cannot get a regular cab in a Laramie maybe you do not have the correct wires running to the door module. You can easily check by looking at the opposite side of the connector you pinned the wires to and see if they have a corresponding wire pinned on the other side.

My luck its the wiring. Ugh......if I am reading the electrical diagram correctly (I am a noob on electrical diagrams), it looks like wire #3 of the IN LINE BODY/DOOR connector goes to slot #6 / C5 / Door Module and wire #10 of the IN LINE BODY/DOOR connector goes to slot #7 / C5 / Door Module. Does anybody know which connector on the door module is C5?

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Franklin....thanks for your answers. The CANBUS connection is good since I now have Easy Exit and did not before adding the 4 wires. To clear the codes in the msm do I go to "Driver's Seat">Memory Seat Module and then to?

Once connected to the MSM, go to the Engine icon on the bottom of the app. You can read and clear any faults there.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Once connected to the MSM, go to the Engine icon on the bottom of the app. You can read and clear any faults there.

Well, no joy.......cleared all faults, performed the Standardization test, and cleared all seat parameters. No difference. I will wait a bit to pull the door panel since I have new ones on the way. Just might as well wait till the new door panels are here and then take a look at the wiring going to the door module.

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
When I'm unplugging the seats do I need to disconnect the battery? I remember from back in the day working on cars on some not all of them if you didn't disconnect the battery it would throw airbag light on

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I'm unplugging the seats do I need to disconnect the battery? I remember from back in the day working on cars on some not all of them if you didn't disconnect the battery it would throw airbag light on
If your just pulling the seats to gain access then I never do. I unplug my seats all the time when I need to move them out of the way. If you are going to be doing wiring or anything that could involve accidentally shorting any wiring then I always disconnect the battery.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio