How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pixel shooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rick as you remember i changed out my 2015 ram sport seats to Laramie full leather seats to get AC seats. With your brilliance we got everything to work . Had all the wiring if u remember except seat belt on donor seats.

How difficult to see if i can get the memory function on seats to work. 2015 ram sport. Simple as adding functions with OBD or dreaming lol

Glad to see you got it working. It's strange how my truck and the others we have done had the wiring from the door module to the door harness and your truck didn't. In any case it's good to know for others that may run into the same situation in the future. I really like the memory function. I don't use the tilt in reverse setting as much because I don't always want them to tilt. Now I just adjust down whatever mirror I may need when I park and as soon as I touch my door handle to get back in the truck it automatically goes back to my memory settings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
427740[/ATTACH]']sVL7yXW.jpg
Anyone? Lol

Pixel.....if you go back a page you will read some of my posts on getting the memory function to work. In fact its one of my posts that Ricks Ram quotes. The first step would be to see if you have the necessary wiring. Under your driver's seat is a yellow connector. You need pins #2, #5, #6 and #13 to be populated with wires to see if you have some of the wiring in place. I pasted a pic of my yellow connector under the driver's seat. For a point of reference so you can determine if you have the necessary wiring, when looking at my pic the top far left slot with the BLACK wire is #14 ( directly below #14 is #7 and to the right of #14 is #13. We could go from there once you find this out............

Attachments

• sVL7yXW.jpg
    sVL7yXW.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Pixel shooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks. That answers my question. Think i have all but definitely not number #13 so atleast i know where to start. Thank u

169360275.gif

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
FYI, this is the section that @mjf6175 was missing ... Plus inside the doors (regular cab) . . . Most have the section in the doors.e1fd2e8b2534c29255f98aa12facfded.jpg

M² Mods.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Thanks. That answers my question. Think i have all but definitely not number #13 so atleast i know where to start. Thank u

169360275.gif

For memory seats you will need seats from a Laramie or a truck that had it. The motors in your sport are not setup to track the position you would need a memory module and a wiring harness and at least the motors swapped out on your sport seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
For memory seats you will need seats from a Laramie or a truck that had it. The motors in your sport are not setup to track the position you would need a memory module and a wiring harness and at least the motors swapped out on your sport seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STecoD....I believe in a previous post he mentions he has already installed Laramie seats in his Sport, leading to his asking for help in getting the memory working.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins

169360275.gif

Pixel.....looking at your photo it looks like you are also missing a wire in pin#2. You can see an open slot that is between the blue wire and the red wire ( which is in pin slot #1 ) in your photo. That would be pin slot #2 which makes some sense since you are also missing #13. The wires that are suppose to be in slots 13 and 2 go to the In Line Door Connector. Look at the wire diagram posted by M.Grimm in his post above, the schematic shows #13 and #2 in the section he highlighted on the lower right of the schematic pic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I didn't respond earlier. For some reason my notifications got turned off. I can see that all the questions have been answered. It's really pretty simple and M2mods can make you the jumper harness if you want. Remember you will also need to enable the memory codes.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you buy the switch buttons That go on the bezel, by themselves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I didn't respond earlier. For some reason my notifications got turned off. I can see that all the questions have been answered. It's really pretty simple and M2mods can make you the jumper harness if you want. Remember you will also need to enable the memory codes.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you buy the switch buttons That go on the bezel, by themselves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You cannot replace the buttons individually. The entire switch panel is easily removed from the bezel once it's removed from the truck but you will need to buy a switch panel with the correct options.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You cannot replace the buttons individually. The entire switch panel is easily removed from the bezel once it's removed from the truck but you will need to buy a switch panel with the correct options.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will need to run the same wires I did for the most part. There are only a total of 9 wires that need to be connected besides hooking up the correct ignition on run power to the two pink/yellow wires in the drivers side yellow seat plug. You will need 5 wires that run from the passenger seat yellow plug to the drivers seat gray plug, two heated wheel wires from the gray drivers seat plug to the correct plug under the dash and two more wires from the drivers side gray plug to the IHS CAN + and IHS CAN-. That's pretty much it.

are the 5 wires between the seats color coded to each other? in post 1, the listed wires say:

(listed this way to make it easier to read)

You will take pins 1 through 5 colors are

#1 LG/BR

#2 BR/LG

#3 TN/DB

#4 TN/WT

#5 LG/VT

run them to the driver’s side seat gray plug.

# 2 TN/WT

#3 TN/DB

#5 BR/LG

#6 LG/BR

#15 LG/VT.

do I conect them to the same colors on either side of the plug (which is what I assume would be the way to go) or do they connect in order, like: pin#1 LG/BR of the passengers side plug, to pin#2 TN/WT of the drivers side?

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
are the 5 wires between the seats color coded to each other? in post 1, the listed wires say:

(listed this way to make it easier to read)

You will take pins 1 through 5 colors are

#1 LG/BR

#2 BR/LG

#3 TN/DB

#4 TN/WT

#5 LG/VT

run them to the driver’s side seat gray plug.

# 2 TN/WT

#3 TN/DB

#5 BR/LG

#6 LG/BR

#15 LG/VT.

do I conect them to the same colors on either side of the plug (which is what I assume would be the way to go) or do they connect in order, like: pin#1 LG/BR of the passengers side plug, to pin#2 TN/WT of the drivers side?
Not sure if I totally understand your question but the wires don't change color. For example the wire in the Passenger side yellow seat connector Pin#1 is for the (Right Seat Vent Control) it's LG/BR it goes to the Drivers side gray seat connector Pin#6 LG/BR. Since 00/RT and myself originally figured all of this out M2mods who is a vendor on this forum has started making a complete harness to do the Heated/Vented seat Heated Wheel conversion. They are both members on this forum and build beautiful harnesses to help out other members. It looks factory and uses all of the factory locations and is easy to install. I built my original harness the way I did because it was the easiest way to build it to see if it would even work. I have since removed my harness and installed their's. If you haven't done much wiring or don't have access to the factory schematics I highly reccomend you just purchase a harness from them to complete your install.

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if I totally understand your question but the wires don't change color. For example the wire in the Passenger side yellow seat connector Pin#1 is for the (Right Seat Vent Control) it's LG/BR it goes to the Drivers side gray seat connector Pin#6 LG/BR. Since 00/RT and myself originally figured all of this out M2mods who is a vendor on this forum has started making a complete harness to do the Heated/Vented seat Heated Wheel conversion. They are both members on this forum and build beautiful harnesses to help out other members. It looks factory and uses all of the factory locations and is easy to install. I built my original harness the way I did because it was the easiest way to build it to see if it would even work. I have since removed my harness and installed their's. If you haven't done much wiring or don't have access to the factory schematics I highly reccomend you just purchase a harness from them to complete your install.

you answered my question about the colored wires going to which pins on the connectors.

I've used M2Mods before for the RA2 to RA4 conversion and the single zone auto temp control mod. I had a request in back in december or january for the seat wire harness, but the Mike that does those harnesses had gotten busy with his full time job (if memory serves) and had to slow down operations.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you answered my question about the colored wires going to which pins on the connectors.

I've used M2Mods before for the RA2 to RA4 conversion and the single zone auto temp control mod. I had a request in back in december or january for the seat wire harness, but the Mike that does those harnesses had gotten busy with his full time job (if memory serves) and had to slow down operations.
I think he is making them again. I noticed them on his website and it showed a two to three week wait time which isn't bad. He was also offering them with and without the memory wiring. I have my memory working and I love it. You might want to P.M. them or post on their thread. It's just a lot easier to do that way. Its extremely hard to pin the wires into the gray seat connector to make it a clean install.

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think he is making them again. I noticed them on his website and it showed a two to three week wait time which isn't bad. He was also offering them with and without the memory wiring. I have my memory working and I love it. You might want to P.M. them or post on their thread. It's just a lot easier to do that way. Its extremely hard to pin the wires into the gray seat connector to make it a clean install.

they do great work. super neat and clean. I'm going to have to inquire about it again and see what they can do.

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody know the part number for a switch with:

Heated seats
Ventilated/ cooled seats
Heated steering wheel
Tow/ haul
Traction control

For a 2014 gas 1500?

My truck doesn’t have park sense, and the switch I picked up a while ago does. Also the part number (P68247636AA) comes up as a 2017. Not sure it’ll work in my 2014. I have no plans on adding parking sensors.

Will any year with those options work? My seats are from a 2016 sport

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody know the part number for a switch with:

Heated seats
Ventilated/ cooled seats
Heated steering wheel
Tow/ haul
Traction control

For a 2014 gas 1500?

My truck doesn’t have park sense, and the switch I picked up a while ago does. Also the part number (P68247636AA) comes up as a 2017. Not sure it’ll work in my 2014. I have no plans on adding parking sensors.

Will any year with those options work? My seats are from a 2016 sport
The correct part# for a 14 gas with those options is Mopar 56054484AA.

Last edited: