How to get rid of cigarette smoke smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rooster10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You can pick up a decent $50 Ozone Generator which will get rid of the smell in a matter of hours. Just plug it in and make sure you’re not sitting in the truck while it’s running.

jrcorney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fastest way to remove any smells in vehicle is to put an Ozone Generator in the vehicle - turn it on and start the engine with the heater on

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Ground coffee absorbs odors as well, a couple bowls left overnight work pretty good, and smells better than most other chemical treatments that usually just mask the smell.

Canadian-Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Shorty (RCSB)
Engine
5.7 L
I had the same issue when I bought my 17 Big Horn. I replaced the cabin air filter, cleaned the seats and carpet with upholstery cleaner, used a microfiber with upholstery cleaner on the headliner, and then removed the back seat and cleaned the panel behind it. Once all of that was done, cleaned all the plastics and windows. That finally removed all of the smell

SarMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V-6 Engine
I once spit a sour milk on my seat. So my wife forced me to change leather on the seats. Luckily we had an appropriate machine for that.

Jtblackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Call me crazy but i love the smell of cigarettes. And i dont even smoke

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Cigarette smoke iss permanent in the headliner, carpet and anything else that has cloth or fiber and can absorb the smoke molecules. Use of an ozone machine is only temporary. The only way to remove it is to remove and replace the headliner or its going to come back the first sign of any humidity. Seats can be treated after shampooing and the carpet should be removed and either a shampoo and oder treatment or replacing. Good luck!!!!
The chemicals in cigarettes, whether electronic or regular, will adhere to almost any surface. It gets stuck in the heating and cooling air circulation system, sticks to the headliner. Is rubbed in the seats, sticks to carpeting. Just a very foul mix of nasty you will never fully eradicate. You can ozone away, shampoo, etc. but some residual will be there. The more items you replace the less smell will still be there. When there is someone who holds out their profession as the background of expert experience like the quoted person here, follow their advice to get the best result. Good luck.