How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I gave a quick check to my fuse box and found fuse f67 is still good. I ordered a cherokee usb hub 5XG28DX9AD and I'm hoping that will be the fix I need, short of that not really sure what else could be the issue.
I just fiddled with the wires going into the harness under the driver's seat and it started working again. You may want to check that too...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jhuss96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just fiddled with the wires going into the harness under the driver's seat and it started working again. You may want to check that too...

Will do, is the harness running the console hub the grey plug harness on the right side underneath the driver's seat?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Will do, is the harness running the console hub the grey plug harness on the right side underneath the driver's seat?
Do you have a center jumpseat or full console?

For a jumpseat, the usb connector/hub wiring passes under the drivers seat ...
f2398da304e43033dba36252e9a4bfeb.jpg

For a center console it's at the front of the console beneath the radio/dash...
6f07eab2dd127a799ff476bf3b6e85bb.jpg

M² Mods.

Last edited:

scubieman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wanted to double check, I have 2014 laramie. I have auto climate, heated and cooled seats.

The heated and cooled seats will not work on the screen but buttons will still work on dash?

I just need these two parts? 68331631AH / 68328704AC . Do I need the MEDIA HUB CONVERSION HARNESS?

Last but least. Can I do this at home? Or will it be locked out?

Jhuss96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have a center jumpseat or full console?

For a jumpseat, the usb connector/hub wiring passes under the drivers seat ...
f2398da304e43033dba36252e9a4bfeb.jpg

M² Mods.

I have a full console. Thanks for the picture & description, I was looking at the i410 harness thinking that was the one, if its the same for the center console the USB one looks pretty distinctly different

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a full console. Thanks for the picture & description, I was looking at the i410 harness thinking that was the one, if its the same for the center console the USB one looks pretty distinctly different
I have a jumpseat so I'm not sure if mine differs from yours...

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Just wanted to double check, I have 2014 laramie. I have auto climate, heated and cooled seats.

The heated and cooled seats will not work on the screen but buttons will still work on dash?

I just need these two parts? 68331631AH / 68328704AC . Do I need the MEDIA HUB CONVERSION HARNESS?

Last but least. Can I do this at home? Or will it be locked out?

Correct. And you will need the hub Adapter harness for the 2018 hub.

You can also get a 4c Seat Interface Module (from Infotainment) or perhaps an Enzo/Enigma Module (From CustomTronix) to get the seats to work with the on screen menu controls. If you have the hardware buttons underneath, those should still work.

If you get a used radio, you will need a 4 digit unlock code (see www.ivgsoft.com). If you get a new one, it won't need it.

M² Mods.

hbseth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Mega 2500
Engine
Cummins
Backup cam won't come on automatically in reverse with the UAQ/UAS upgrade on a manual truck. search the thread above for posts by @Austen and @ManualCummins, @Errol Smith and a handful of others I can't recall. I believe @Roman217 is helping them with a home brew CANbus interface module as a workaround.

On screen heated seats/wheel controls not working with a UAQ or UAS upgrade is a known issue on 2013-14/some 2015 trucks. The fix for most is a ' 4c Seat Interface Module' from Infotainment. The 'Enzo' / 'Enigma' interface module from CustomTronix also says it supports the seats with the UAQ or UAS Upgrade. There has also been some reports of changing out the 13-15 heated Seat Module under the driver seat for the newer 2017 PN, but that hasn't worked for everyone either.

M² Mods.

I opted to change out the module under the driver seat for the newer one (68217268AF) as I didn't like the idea of supporting Infotainment with the rumors of them converting the free information available here into personal profit. Also, CutomTronix needs to pull their **** together, that's one confusing website lol. That being said, is there anything else I may be missing? I've only started the truck a few times but still don't have accurate control of the hot/cold settings and seats/wheel is still greyed out. Can AlphaOBD help? I also noticed a few extra sockets for the newer module (socket #3 now has pins in it and socket #5 has been added). Any idea what these are for?

randerson0248

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going to collect the parts to do this upgrade..

My truck is a 2019 Classic with 5.0 radio, steering wheel has phone button, but no other radio control buttons, 7 spd MTC. Don't have heated seats and doubt I will ever try to upgrade that.

I am first going to try to get all needed parts from the same donor truck (18 or 19 classic); radio, bezel and hvac module. What is the best bezel to get? I assume the options are only 2? Single zone or dual zone ATC? Should I ask for any wiring from the donor truck?

If I have to get the parts either new or from different donor trucks; this is what I assume I need:
Radio: 68331631Ax
HVAC module: 68366552AA
Bezel: Will any year bezel from 14 to 19 classic work? Any better than others for the conversion?

What is the lead time needed for ordering any conversion harnesses needed?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel

My truck is a 2019 Classic with 5.0 radio, steering wheel has phone button, but no other radio control buttons, 7 spd MTC. Don't have heated seats and doubt I will ever try to upgrade that.

I am first going to try to get all needed parts from the same donor truck (18 or 19 classic); radio, bezel and hvac module. What is the best bezel to get? I assume the options are only 2? Single zone or dual zone ATC? Should I ask for any wiring from the donor truck?

If I have to get the parts either new or from different donor trucks; this is what I assume I need:
Bezel: Will any year bezel from 14 to 19 classic work? Any better than others for the conversion?

Reach out to @Mpgrimm2. This is his specialty. He can provide parts no radios), harnesses, instructions, consulting, etc. to ensure a smooth upgrade.

hbseth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Mega 2500
Engine
Cummins
Still going thru about 8 different posts having to do with the 2013-15 trucks and HVAC issues. I'm trying to avoid ATC mod but it's looking like this is what I'll be left with. I like the dual zone and it is used often out here in Southern California. I'll keep ya'll updated..

68332807AJ UAS (Manufacture date March 2018)
68217268AF Module Upgrade

Mirror Dimmer and Android Auto thru USB both work without media hub replacement (I don't use SD Cards)

Heated Steering and Heated/Vent Seats still a no go.

Jhuss96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all,

Just to update from my past posts, my radio is still unable to pick up USB input. I tried opening the console, unplugging and plugging back in the usb cable that is a part of the usb hub wiring harness, ensured it was not visibly damaged. I sent back the 300C usb hub and got a Compass media hub part 5XG28DX9AD, it still is not able to pick up USB input but can pick up AUX input.

Not really sure how to proceed and weary of putting more money into a project that may simply not end up working, Im not sure how to verify if power is flowing through the mini usb cable that plugs into the hub

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I recommend the steering wheel audio control, missed it in my new truck so I added it. Contact Benny at allmoparparts in vendor section. Also, the 631 is nav, I believe. Believe you will need different roof antenna with gps. The 635 UAS has Android auto and Apple carplay which allows you to use your phone maps through radio touchscreen. If you are looking to use cellular service through radio then 631 is your unit. Good luck, I did 635 upgrade and it was not hard.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I recommend the steering wheel audio control, missed it in my new truck so I added it. Contact Benny at allmoparparts in vendor section. Also, the 631 is nav, I believe. Believe you will need different roof antenna with gps. The 635 UAS has Android auto and Apple carplay which allows you to use your phone maps through radio touchscreen. If you are looking to use cellular service through radio then 631 is your unit. Good luck, I did 635 upgrade and it was not hard.
To clarify, both antennas (puck and sharkfin) have GPS.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi all,

Just to update from my past posts, my radio is still unable to pick up USB input. I tried opening the console, unplugging and plugging back in the usb cable that is a part of the usb hub wiring harness, ensured it was not visibly damaged. I sent back the 300C usb hub and got a Compass media hub part 5XG28DX9AD, it still is not able to pick up USB input but can pick up AUX input.

Not really sure how to proceed and weary of putting more money into a project that may simply not end up working, Im not sure how to verify if power is flowing through the mini usb cable that plugs into the hub
Does the phone charge on that hub? Are the other sources (if any) working? Have you tried plugging an adapter directly to the back of the radio? Does your old radio still see the hub?

Jhuss96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does the phone charge on that hub? Are the other sources (if any) working? Have you tried plugging an adapter directly to the back of the radio? Does your old radio still see the hub?

Nope the hub doesnt charge nor recognize the phone. I havent tried plugging directly into the radio, if I was to do that where would I have to plug it into?

I have not tried my old radio but that is the next step I guess.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Nope the hub doesnt charge nor recognize the phone. I havent tried plugging directly into the radio, if I was to do that where would I have to plug it into?

I have not tried my old radio but that is the next step I guess.
You can plug directly into the back of the radio with something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JK1OFO...imm_Q5SX74WDKJR93S29NXTB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It will go in place of the gray plug on the back of the radio.